shape
carat
color
clarity

Mokume Gane with Diamonds

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have any pics to share? and vendors? I love mokume gane, I did some silversmith work a few years ago with already pressed mokume copper/silver sheets but now I'm very interested in a stand alone low key band with real gold work but want some diamond sparkles. I already know of Krikawa, but I'm open to other vendor suggestions and others' experiences. TIA!:wavey:

here is one I found. ArnKrebsArts on etsy

upload_2019-4-1_12-48-48.png

hmm, maybe a wider scattered band like below.. I just now saw this ring..,

upload_2019-4-1_12-50-34.png
upload_2019-4-1_12-52-37.png
upload_2019-4-1_12-53-0.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE! I've always loved this look. Sadly don't have any of these pieces, but I adore them.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came here to say 'Krikawa' but I see you are already on the case :D lol

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lovedogs its not a popular design here, but I love unique/texture and color aspects plus the art of it.
@OoohShiny I have tried several times with Krikawa, I even wanted solitaire from them, but it was north of $3k just for the metal no diamonds, plus setting and shipping fee:(sad However, I dont mind a band with diamonds at similar cost, I just got back word from Arn at Etsy, much more reasonably price (so far) for the one band with milgrain

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! Thanks I'll check him out!
Do drop him a line if you can't see exactly what you want, he is very responsive!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This writer says copper + silver doesn't hold up, the copper dissolves away, and you should stick with "noble metals" for jewelry.
https://mokume-gane.com/2015/07/06/why-you-dont-want-a-copper-and-silver-mokume-gane-ring/

Thank you! I've done the copper and silver thing, and don't love the results although it was fun to work with and make, but yes, i'll be sticking to gold, I didn't want silver, but I've learned that high grade silver (not sure what that all entails) will not tarnish when mixed in with gold content?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AdaBeta27 thanks for the link to James Binnion, I forgot about him!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it comes to Mokume Gane with diamonds, I think this guy is the best in the biz;

https://georgesawyer.com/jewelry/gallery/#fashionstones

Have a browse through his site; it's lovely, and check out my favorite - the Summer Koi design! Apparently he's currently having a BIG sale on anything in stock - 50-70%.

I also really like Chris Ploof's rings - he developed a way of doing mokume gane bands with no join seam. His style is very masculine, tho, and I don't like his diamond work.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it comes to Mokume Gane with diamonds, I think this guy is the best in the biz;

https://georgesawyer.com/jewelry/gallery/#fashionstones

Have a browse through his site; it's lovely, and check out my favorite - the Summer Koi design! Apparently he's currently having a BIG sale on anything in stock - 50-70%.

I also really like Chris Ploof's rings - he developed a way of doing mokume gane bands with no join seam. His style is very masculine, tho, and I don't like his diamond work.

Ack I love his work too! I had such a brain fart on who all were Mokume Gane artist!... I'm also reconsidering just going for a non diamond look since I have the diamond bands I want anyways, so just need a low key but interesting band... but lets see what I'll end up with . :confused2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love his work and I'm very happy with mine!

He is not cheap, though...

Wink/HPD is now selling his stuff ;-) :)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
good mokume gane is not cheap, and not sizeable. I had a favorite vendor who retired who also had beautiful pieces, but they were too rich for my blood. I love how every one is a little different.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Wink at High Performance Diamonds sells them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results