shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite vs Diamond melee stones

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
has anyone ordered from tianyu, Starsgem or provence and gotten lab grown diamonds for their small melee stones instead of moissanite? I’m going to have 2mm stones on my band and I’m not sure if moissy’s or diamonds would be the best option, the ring also has a halo. Which sparkles more?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At melee size you can’t really visually tell diamonds from Moissanite. And honestly, I don’t think there’s a huge difference in price, with small size gems you often find the setting cost is more than the actual gems!
Personally, I’d put diamonds if your other gems are diamonds to keep it all diamonds.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I would put diamonds, especially if you are planning to put them on your band. I’ve heard that small moissanites have a tendency to crack near that area just due to constant wear.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
I would put diamonds, especially if you are planning to put them on your band. I’ve heard that small moissanites have a tendency to crack near that area just due to constant wear.
yeah it’s going to be my e-ring so I want them pretty durable, not to mention if anything goes wrong it’s easier to replace those diamonds locally

Tedward

Rough_Rock
Ella from Tianyu told me that they can't do diamond melee stones right now.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Ella from Tianyu told me that they can't do diamond melee stones right now.
I’m having mine done by Starsgem and they’ve offered the diamond melee. She said they had DEF and GH, VS or SI clarity stones down to 1mm

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
At melee size you can’t really visually tell diamonds from Moissanite. And honestly, I don’t think there’s a huge difference in price, with small size gems you often find the setting cost is more than the actual gems!
Personally, I’d put diamonds if your other gems are diamonds to keep it all diamonds.

Interesting. I notice that my diamond melees look dull when placed next to moissanite. So, will moissanite melee also look as dull? (Or maybe I need to source better melees...) :oops2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting. I notice that my diamond melees look dull when placed next to moissanite. So, will moissanite melee also look as dull? (Or maybe I need to source better melees...) :oops2:

I think diamond melee varies, i had some dull vintage melee in an old setting and swapped it out for moissanite melee, the moissy was way brighter. I can't remember if anyone has posted about dull mpissy melee except for french cuts which are not really sparkly in any material due to the cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results