shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite loose gem advice please!

Honesty_box80

Rough_Rock
I’m looking to purchase a colourless, loose moissanite, around 0.5 carat or 6mm either a cushion cut, oval or Asscher to replace a stone in a ring I’m looking to have reworked, and I quite like the rainbow/disco fire you get with moissanite. So I’d like two pieces of advice; firstly which of those stones will give a decent sparkle and
I’ve read conflicting threads about StarsGem and Tianyu quality so I’m looking for advice about where to purchase a loose stone that’s reliable? I’m based in the UK but happy to purchase from abroad if I can buy through PayPal for reassurance/protection? First post so I hope this is the right place! Thanks in advance!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I’m looking to purchase a colourless, loose moissanite, around 0.5 carat or 6mm either a cushion cut, oval or Asscher to replace a stone in a ring I’m looking to have reworked, and I quite like the rainbow/disco fire you get with moissanite. So I’d like two pieces of advice; firstly which of those stones will give a decent sparkle and
I’ve read conflicting threads about StarsGem and Tianyu quality so I’m looking for advice about where to purchase a loose stone that’s reliable? I’m based in the UK but happy to purchase from abroad if I can buy through PayPal for reassurance/protection? First post so I hope this is the right place! Thanks in advance!

Some of the information gets old on the threads about Starsgem and Tianyu but they are pretty reliable these days. Cushions are going to face up much smaller then the oval or Asscher cuts. To really get the most ‘fire’ from a moissanite though, you really need to choose a round.

As far as the stone size that you are after, I think Starsgem only does H&A cuts in anything 6.5 mm and over so you will be left with a more splintery cut. Tianyu I think can do it so I would pick the Brilliant H&A for the oval or cushion for the most fire. I would probably size up a little on the cushion though. The Asscher is not going to show a lot of fire. They have more of a color reflection and in daylight just look white. The smaller size will probably look very much like a diamond but they are not precision cut so they are ok but not great from these companies. I think for what you are after that Tianyu can give you the size and cut that you want. They are pretty cheap loose but you will have to pay a little extra when it comes in the country for VAT.

You can get in touch with Ella at [email protected]. I think they are offering free shipping until the end of the year if paid through Alibaba. I prefer to pay through PP if I am ordering a whole ring because it is easier to deal with a US company if there is a problem. The loose stones are going to be pretty cheap though that it might be worth saving on the shipping because that might be half the price of the total quote.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results