shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite and diamonds together?

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Have any of you ever combined moissanite and diamonds in the same ring? I want to use my original diamond to create a 3 stone ring and if moissanite would look good with it, I'd rather purchase those for this project. What do you think? Terrible idea??

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I might go with a different cut for the moissanite sides from your diamond center stone. The are both beautiful, IMO but not the same.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Is your diamond a round? Lab diamond side stones that are .50 and under aren’t terribly expensive. I would say it would be okay if you were going with a moissanite center and diamond side stones vs the other way around. The smaller moissanite side stones are not great for sparkle.

I would pick up some gemstones or diamond pairs from somewhere like Ivy & Rose that are affordable. If not, I would find some smaller lab diamonds to pair with it so it matches well. I have quite a few moissanite with diamond sides or pave and that looks fine doing it that way.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Is your diamond a round? Lab diamond side stones that are .50 and under aren’t terribly expensive. I would say it would be okay if you were going with a moissanite center and diamond side stones vs the other way around. The smaller moissanite side stones are not great for sparkle.

I would pick up some gemstones or diamond pairs from somewhere like Ivy & Rose that are affordable. If not, I would find some smaller lab diamonds to pair with it so it matches well. I have quite a few moissanite with diamond sides or pave and that looks fine doing it that way.

My diamond is round and 5.5 mm. Thank you! Good suggestions!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results