shape
carat
color
clarity

MOB dress - what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryFallon

Rough_Rock
What do you think of this for a MOB dress? My mom is slim and young-looking, 5''3", 110, size 4. The dress comes with a bolero of illusion and beaded lace. Do you think it is too over the top for a MOB? It''s a Rina di Montella.

Rina Di Bronze.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beautiful dress. I think that whether it''s over the top or not depends on what type of wedding you''re having (location, time of day, formality, etc.) and most importantly, how your mother feels about it. Would she be comfortable in the dress?

MaryFallon

Rough_Rock
The wedding is next summer on a Saturday, 3:00 p.m. church wedding and 6:00 p.m. cocktail hour and reception at a beautiful banquet hall in NJ. Not black tie, but would be considered semi-formal I guess. I love the dress but mom is still not sure. She also likes this Jovani gown in cocoa color and is having a hard time deciding. I love them both.

jovaniv2.jpg

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Of the two dresses you posted, I really like the first one a lot, but it is very formal in my opinion, appropriate for a formal wedding (black-tie) and you mentioned yours will just be semi-formal. Also I think it might be a little too formal for an afternoon church wedding. It is a gorgeous dress though!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''m in NJ too! I grew up in Bergen County, and can tell you if it''s in Bergen Co., the first one is absolutely PERFECT! You''re having a 6 pm reception; in NJ, the time of the reception sets the tone for the gowns at the church.

Which hall are you having it in?

MaryFallon

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for your help. Now my mom has another two she is considering instead. Of the 4, which do you like best or what would be most appropriate? Also, the girls are wearing a slate blue color so what color would be best for MOB?

new dresses3.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
If it''s a formal Jersey wedding I think the last brown one you posted is probably the best.

After that I prefer the first brown one over the second, the white beading on the second is not my fave.

The blue might compete with the slate of the bridesmaids dresses IMO.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My opinion -- admittedly conservative -- is that the last dress you posted is most appropriate for a MOB for the wedding you''re describing. The other three, while beautiful, are most appropriate for the MOB for a fully formal wedding.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 1:52:22 AM
Author: VRBeauty
My opinion -- admittedly conservative -- is that the last dress you posted is most appropriate for a MOB for the wedding you''re describing. The other three, while beautiful, are most appropriate for the MOB for a fully formal wedding.
I agree but to be honest only your mon can decide what she''ll be comfortable wearing.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 8:31:32 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
I''m in NJ too! I grew up in Bergen County, and can tell you if it''s in Bergen Co., the first one is absolutely PERFECT! You''re having a 6 pm reception; in NJ, the time of the reception sets the tone for the gowns at the church.

Which hall are you having it in?
I agree with what Winks said. My vote is for dress #1 for the MOB. The first 3 dresses have a similar feel to them so I think they might be more your mom''s taste then the last one (blue one). The 2nd and 3rd one do look like they might be a tad bit inappropriate for a MOB, but #1 is beautiful!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 12:26:15 PM
Author: Londongirl1

Date: 1/2/2010 1:52:22 AM
Author: VRBeauty
My opinion -- admittedly conservative -- is that the last dress you posted is most appropriate for a MOB for the wedding you're describing. The other three, while beautiful, are most appropriate for the MOB for a fully formal wedding.
I agree but to be honest only your mon can decide what she'll be comfortable wearing.
Oops - sorry for the typo - should have said ' mom'

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for the 4th (teal) dress. I think its the most appropriate yet still formal and flattering. If your mom is even a bit worried about other options, she won''t be totally comfortable nor able to relax, she will worry what others think of her outfit. She should choose something she is totally comfortable in so her focus can be on you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like the lines of the teal colored one--more elegant than the others. But not the color--is it available in others? Thing is, your Mom needs to try them on--they have similar styles but could be worlds apart in fit!

cheers--Sharon

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 6:02:42 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I like the lines of the teal colored one--more elegant than the others. But not the color--is it available in others? Thing is, your Mom needs to try them on--they have similar styles but could be worlds apart in fit!

cheers--Sharon

Agreed, I like the teal dress with the jacket/shrug as a MOB dress, but the brown color from the first dress. Is it available in something like that? If not, I think I like the very first brown dress the most.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
My preference is the first one. My mom also likes that designer and will likely end up with one of those dresses. If you think the dress is of the same formality of your dress and BMs then that will work.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I liked the first one and the third one - I really think any of them would be appropriate, and ideally, your mom should try them on and see what she feels most comfortable in. I think that any color that doesn''t clash with or match to closely with the bridesmaids is appropriate for the MOB (as long as it isn''t white or ivory
2.gif
).

My BMs wore black (silk, J Crew), and my mom wore a shimmer silver with pink and purple tones, and I thought she looked lovely
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Mom really has good taste...I like the first and third. I love the little jacket on the third one for the church then she can whip it
off for the reception!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results