shape
carat
color
clarity

MM and WF pear almost ready

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

95viper

Rough_Rock
I haven''t posted an update since purchasing the pear in November because having a custom ering and wedding band is a painfully long process. Being remote has its drawbacks too but Mark is such the professional that he gets things right. It just really takes a long time. After 3 months of reviewing drawings, tweaking ideas, discarding ideas and trying out bands that didn''t look right we have finalized everything. Mark ended up casting a rough model of the ring and band in silver and sending it to us to make final decisions. That was extremely helpful, much more than those CAD drawings.

It is a traditionally styled 3ct pear with .30 tapered baguettes on each side. Mark matched the wedding band perfectly so the prongs don''t hit each other. This resulted in (9) 3.2mm round stones in a shared prong setting like an eternity band but they go about 60% around. We are having them touched with a little solder so there was no need to go with a full eternity band.

He has had the Master Model for a week. Not really sure about how much longer it is going to take. Will post pics soon.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure it will be beautiful! We''ll look forward to the pictures!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel how my two furbabies must feel when they see the can of dog food and the can opener come out....ohboyohboyohboy
*tails wagging* Another MWM piece. Can''t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results