shape
carat
color
clarity

Mixing H&A/AGS000 stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
When making a three-stone ring, is it a no-no to a) use non H&A (but AGS000) side stones when the center stone is H&A or b) use H&A side stones from a different cutter than created the H&A center stone?

I know diamonds have different personalities, so wasn''t sure if mixing and matching was a bad idea.

Thoughts?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cutter is totally irrelevant, as far as I am concerned. If my center stone was hearts and arrows, I'd probably prefer that the side stones were at least near H&A. For example, if you look on the WF site in the Expert Selection section, there will be many stones that display very clear arrow patterns. But for one reason or another, they did not make the ACA requirements. I WOULD match these kinds of ideal stones to a center H&A stone. But I probably wouldn't use diamonds with a random cut. But tghen again, I have mental issues with diamonds!
2.gif

(Let me clarify that a top quality H&A stone is gorgeous regardless of the cutter or brand! So you do want a good cutter!)

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the reply, DiamondSeeker!

I was thinking that the minimum I''d use for the side stones would be AGS000 with great optics. I just wasn''t sure if I should pony up the extra cash to use H&A stones so that they''d "match" the center, if that makes any sense.

My gut feeling is that if the side stones are well-cut, it''d be okay if they weren''t H&A. Kind of like pairing an ACA center with two ES sides. But I just sort of made that up and wanted to know what y''all thought...

Thanks! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is fine. But can you see the side stones before having the ring made or set?

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I would use all H&A for the 3 main stones. And it looks really cool through the idealscope....*S*

Good Luck
MWG

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Hi DiamondSeeker and MWG!

I''d be able to see the diamonds in pictures, view IdealScope images and whatnot over the Internet, but I probably wouldn''t have the stones sent to me to see in person. I''m probably being ridiculous, but it makes me so nervous to be in possession of diamonds I may not end up owning--especially since I have a two year-old in the house! ;-) I trust the vendor, though, so I feel like I''m in good hands.

Maybe I should consider having all three be H&A. Decisions decisions!

I really appreciate your feedback. I value Pricescopers'' opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results