shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint green Afghan tourmaline, 5.75ct

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this stone a few months back, and didn't post it because I didn't have immediate plans to set it. Well, it's at the jewelers' and I should get it back in the next week or so, so then I can update this with setting and hand pics. :)

From Jerry at Gem Art Services. 5.75 cts, 11.5mm by 9mm. Huge, gorgeous and so greeeeeeeeen! The top of the stone is like a double cut corner rectangle, and the underside is a more standard brilliant type of cut.

Vendor pics first. Inside:

Outside:

greenie.jpg

fineafghantourm.jpg

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! :shock: Is it going to be in a ring?

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
And now my pics. Apologies, I am still a newbie PS-er, and back when I took these I was very new. Didn't get handshots, multiple types of light, etc. So bad! I will do all of that when the ring comes back.

It's def a bit more neon than Jerry's pics showed, which is awesome.

greenie_box.jpg

greenie_box2.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
GregS|1351125015|3291765 said:
Very nice! :shock: Is it going to be in a ring?

Yes :) A ring that I am going to be so, so careful with, since it's a tourm, but I just had to do it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah! What colour and cutting; it's going to be an eye catcher in a ring.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It's such a pretty color! I'm actually a little envious.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! I'm a bit excited about this one. I'm starting to get really anxious to get the finished piece back :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My three favorite things - excellent saturation, color and cut! Now I can't wait - what's the design of the ring? Color of metal?

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Well - since you asked ;-)

The setting is going to be fairly classic, 18k white gold, N/S orientation, split prongs like in the design below:

Then on the left and right sides of the stone, it's going to have a row of small diamonds, more or less along the basket. This pic is the general idea, though in my ring the row won't be on the top and bottom as well, just the sides.

screen_shot_2012-10-24_at_9.png

screen_shot_2012-10-24_at_0.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very traditional and classic but with such a stone, it'll be gorgeous no matter what you set it in.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
The setting looks perfect.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I looked at that stone a million times -- glad a PSer bought it! Actually, I didn't believe it could be half as knockout IRL as it was on the website -- but it sure is! Congratulations. Your setting looks great for it -- lets the beauty take all the attention. Really look forward to seeing it set.

--- Laurie

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
That is just flipping phenomenal! WOW!

I'll be checking back waiting for the finished product :D

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! What a beautiful stone and proposed setting. Is it a radiant cut?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning and your choice of setting is pure class. I can't wait to see this - I think it's going to be one of my all time favourites. Thank you for sharing.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, that would look amazing in rose gold too :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Minou, exactly my first thought!

--- Laurie

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
lambskin|1351181161|3292174 said:
WOW!! What a beautiful stone and proposed setting. Is it a radiant cut?

Thanks so much! It's essentially a radiant cut on the underside, but the top has these two cut corner rectangles.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1351185483|3292221 said:
Absolutely stunning and your choice of setting is pure class. I can't wait to see this - I think it's going to be one of my all time favourites. Thank you for sharing.

You are too sweet, thank you! I'll def add the ring pics to the thread when it's ready.

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is an incredible stone, and that setting is perfect for it!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning tourmaline! I think the setting will be perfect.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jereni: Did you mention who is making the ring for you, or is that a surprise to be revealed at its grand unveiling?

beau-wy

Rough_Rock
Trade
Retracting comment, apologies.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1351274020|3292969 said:
Jereni: Did you mention who is making the ring for you, or is that a surprise to be revealed at its grand unveiling?

Oh you're right I didn't - it's a local jeweler in the D.C. area, not sure if they've been on PS before? Their name is Boone & Sons.

Typically I work with Quest Jewelers, who I know is known on this forum.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous stone!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUMMY!!! I love that colour, Jereni! - it just seems to vibrate off the page, its so magnificent! How exciting - when will the ring be back?? Can't wait to see it and I love the classic setting - it lets the stone be the centre of attention :bigsmile:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, I love it!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing Jereni. Why did you decide to go with Boone instead of Quest? Do you have some Quest pieces you can post? I've worked with Quest once and they were great.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boone and Sons sound very familiar; I wonder if other PSers have worked with them in the past, hence the familiarity of the name.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results