shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint garnet and Mahenge spinel ring

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this mint garnet in a rose gold setting for a long time, and I did love it in there. I also had these very neon 5.2mm trillion mahenge spinels that I obtained earlier this year. I was thinking of putting them with my emerald, but after querying PS'ers, the mint garnet was the best stone for this trio. Well, the ring is now done. I had the setting made by lanbo.

Garnet is 1.83 carats and the mahenge spinels are around a half carat each.

TLmintgarnetspinel1.jpg

TLmintgarnetspinel2.jpg

TLmintgarnetspinel3.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I've been away too long! Gorgeous stones, and holy smokes - just look at your photos! :love: So, you have an empty setting now? Is it salvageable?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL I really really like it. The colours compliment each other so well. It has a very good balance and just works (if you know what I mean)! Enjoy wearing it.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is beautiful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Love that combination - very spring like! :appl: :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Really, really nice, TL. Love those colors together. I bet that ring gets a lot of attention as well as cheering you up -- happy colors & great stones!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Warm and cool together--very nice!

cheers--Sharon

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That color combination makes me happy on this very dreary day! It's a much needed promise of Spring.

And on a side-note: you deserve an award for the being the best at getting your gemstones set in a timely manner! :appl:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
+1 Aoife I really like pink and green together. Lovely combination! You have an eye for color (not a secret, I know). :naughty:

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1322256565|3068778 said:
TL I really really like it. The colours compliment each other so well. It has a very good balance and just works (if you know what I mean)! Enjoy wearing it.

Ditto. One of my favorites among your exquisite pieces ::)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Great color combo, so fresh and springy! Beautiful stones!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love it! The colors and sizes of the stones complement each other very nicely.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I get the feeling you'd like to think of yourself more as a hard working technician but the other poster who said you were gifted hit the mark. What do you do wih these riches? I couldn't imagine ownng these rings let alone havng designed them. You might not have sold any of these rings yet but you've moved into professional quality. Tiffany no less has designers that suck in comparison. I wonder if you know how rare your talent is as a designer. This ring proves it again. I :love: it. Thanks for sharing.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Nicely put together TL. it's the first time I have seen an oval an trill three stone and liked the combo!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is an amazing combination. Beautiful ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the kind words, they are very much appreciated :bigsmile: , and I love the spring colors. Hopefully, they will keep me a little warmer this winter ;)) . For people wondering what I'm doing with my old setting that originally contained the mint garnet, I'm toying with putting other stones in there. Top is chrysoberyl, which I'm not so sure about in rose gold :knockout: , and the bottom two are spinels, but I have so many blue/violet spinel rings already :???: !! I can't believe how much LOGR wants for this setting now, as well as others, so I've decided to keep it, as the cost of gold is not getting much less expensive. I also have an oval tsavorite that would look good in this setting, but it's in a white gold LOGR legacy halo, which isn't that flattering to it. I may just move it here too. We'll see.

TLoldringwithnewstones.jpg

melave

Shiny_Rock
oh that is stunning TL. Very nice :). I love the colour combo, very bright and happy!!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1322344926|3069229 said:
Thank you all so much for the kind words, they are very much appreciated :bigsmile: , and I love the spring colors. Hopefully, they will keep me a little warmer this winter ;)) . For people wondering what I'm doing with my old setting that originally contained the mint garnet, I'm toying with putting other stones in there. Top is chrysoberyl, which I'm not so sure about in rose gold :knockout: , and the bottom two are spinels, but I have so many blue/violet spinel rings already :???: !! I can't believe how much LOGR wants for this setting now, as well as others, so I've decided to keep it, as the cost of gold is not getting much less expensive. I also have an oval tsavorite that would look good in this setting, but it's in a white gold LOGR legacy halo, which isn't that flattering to it. I may just move it here too. We'll see.

I'm really liking the spinels in that setting, but it would be fun to see the Tsavorite, too. You should start a thread!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, TL. I like the colors together.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Tourmaline Lover that is fantastic. The lines flow so well on that stone and the color do compliment each other. Very nice job on it...

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is some serious colour! Very nice combo.

I also like the look of the spinels in the old setting, and would be curious to see the tsav in it as well.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
TL, I'd like to see the tsav in that setting too. It should be really nice w/the contrast of gold color & diamonds. Can you get a photo of it & photoshop it into the setting? If that's not your thing, I'd be happy to do it for you.

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
NIce match of saturation.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much!! This is the tsavorite (2.1 carats) in a white gold legacy style ring, which doesn't do it justice at all.

TLtsavlegacy.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bright and catchy combo which do the stones justice. Any profile view of the ring?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1322486967|3069975 said:
Bright and catchy combo which do the stones justice. Any profile view of the ring?

Side view and cloudy weather shot on a rainy overcast day.

TLmintgarnetspinelside.jpg

TLmintgarnetspinelcloudy.jpg

Blue-Seeker

Shiny_Rock
I love this ring. Love it.

For the LOGR setting, I like the blue/rose gold combination. But I also think the rose gold would flatter your tsavorite. It's a nice setting, and I think you're wise to keep it.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
love the color combination :) beautiful ring!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent work TL! One of my favorites.
~Justin

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow....love the cloudy pic, that hint of blue does me in every time. Of course, those Mahenges aren't slouches either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results