shape
carat
color
clarity

Mini-bling: preloved band

Clio_C

Rough_Rock
Hi all. Some of you followed my surprise acquisition of a 3 carat old mine just a few short weeks ago. I had it set in my old setting as a temporary home. I bought the setting as a set in 2002 at the Mart in Atlanta. It originally had a matching band but I sadly lost that about two years ago. I didn't want to spend a ton of $$ on a band right now because: 1. I don't know how I am going to reset this stone, and 2. I just bought a rock and I think my husband was going to file for divorce if I spent too much more!

Anyway I found a bright cut pave platinum band on eBay that was a preowned piece. TCW is quite low, I think around .15, but I paid $225 for it after negotiation. It's not a perfect match, but for the price I think it's alright. And I have a back-up band to wear in the future after I have this stone reset and a matching band made.

0add2225408a1f9e2a7449cb2bf9d677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it. I have bought several .15-.20 ctw bands lately. My regular bands overpower my solitaire

Clio_C

Rough_Rock
Agreed. After wearing the OMB on my old setting for two weeks or so, I dislike the width of the pave e-ring setting. It didn't bother me as much with my 1.25 carat RB, maybe because the width made my e-ring seem more substantial? Now that I have a larger stone, I'd like it on a thinner band to showcase it more. I always have my original knife-edge platinum solitaire setting that I can reset the stone in if I really get tired of it! Of course then I'll have to have the head replaced on that setting too... my poor, poor husband (quite literally poor if I keep this up!).

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you enjoying the OMC?

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
i think it looks beautiful!!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Great deal!!! I think they look wonderful together!

Clio_C

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies.

Whitewave, I love this stone and haven't had a moment of buyer's remorse. No regrets about moving away from a RB, not for a minute. It's a GIA K, and the only time I notice the color is when I'm in a room that is yellow/gold, or in my car (which has a tan interior). Absolutely no regrets on that front either.

The one thing I have realized is that the feature I like best about this diamond - it's soft square shape - is lost in the current setting. Because the basket is round and the prongs are at the corners, the shape isn't easy to discern. Because of this, I'm currently leaning towards a bezel halo in the future to emphasize the shape.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful. I'm a big fan of wedding bands that lean towards dainty.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great with your new ring - congrats on a great find!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks good, can't wait to see how you eventually reset it!!!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great! I love the size. I also had to go check out your thread on the old mine cut - what a great story! Congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty together! ::)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful and substantial!