shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael B wedding band, princess petite or crown lace petite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!
I am brand new to the forum as of yesterday although I have been reading it religiously for months. There are so many gorgeous rings on here! My FI proposed to me in October with a 1.23 c, round brilliant set in a Michael B princess petite e-ring. I love it! It was exactly what I wanted. Now we are ordering the wedding band and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried the matching princess petite wedding band, and I love the look and have also tried another one flanking the side, but that seems to dwarf my diamond and take away from the whole dainty look of the 2mm band. I love the crown lace so much, not as an e-ring but maybe as a wedding band. It's been hard to find the width, I think it is 2.5mm. Let me know if that is not right. Would this even go together? I like the way the wisp looks with the crown lace e-ring, so its similar I suppose just reversed. I am going to go to my local Michael B dealer in Seattle today to try it on. But I wanted to get everyone's opinion here (especially Demelza). I guess I'm wondering if the 2.5 crown lace wedding would be is too wide in comparison to the 2mm e-ring.

Sorry if this post is confusing, I know I'm just asking the same question five different ways!

cara

Ideal_Rock
So have you gone to try on these combinations in a store? And if so, do you have pics? That is really going to be the best way for you to evaluate these options and for others - otherwise you are asking people to do some imagination. Everyone will have more useful opinions one with pictures to comment on!

I have a Lace engagement ring with the matching wedding band, and while I was initially open to having a non-matching wedding band, I couldn't find anything else that looked right with the engagement ring. Also like you I wasn't thrilled about giving up the wonderful solitaire look of the engagement ring alone, but I do like my married look now.

I found the thing that helped the most in terms of the wedding band, e-ring matching was to get a wedding band with a similar height to the engagement ring (ie. the dimension up off of the finger). If the heights were similar, the widths (dimension you see when looking down on the ring from above) could be off by more and still look good together. Good luck!

ETA: I'm not sure on the princess, but if it is more 'square' in profile you might try the Lace band rather than the Crown Lace to get that aspect right. There is also a regular and petite Lace band, though I'm not sure if those line up exactly with the regular and petite princess settings.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Cara that going and trying them all on and seeing which you like best is the only way to know which you''d prefer. Personally, I like the matching petite princess.

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input! I''m going to try the matching band and the petite lace at in an hour (you''re totally right Cara about the crown being totally wrong and round for my e-ring). I will probably end up with the matching band, maybe I can get something lace for the right-hand. I''ll post pictures as soon as I can.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have pictures. I tried a long time ago to post them, but they were too big and i haven''t tried again. I am opposite of you. I have the petitie crown lace engagement ring. I also have the petite crown lace wedding band. Initially I had 2 of the wisps, but in less than 3 weeks of wear they were bending slightly. I exchanged the 2 bands for the classic princess band. I love the petite crown lace engagement with the classic princess wedding band. I actually wear it that way alot more that the matchy set. I also love wearing the 2 wedding bands together when I don''t to wear my diamond. Try on a ton of rings, I bought all of mine without ever seeing them in person. You will be way ahead of the game! I even hand michael b. take out the diamonds that were right next to my diamond in my engagement ring. It was a work in progress, done now, and I love it!!!!! I just have to say again I love the petite crown lace and the princess classic together. Please keep in mind that they are both 2.5mm. Also they are both rounded. I would not do the regular lace ring. Hope this helps!!!!

cara

Ideal_Rock
If you like the lace band with your princess ring, but the sizes don''t line up perfectly, you could send your ring off to Michael B to have a Lace band made that more closely matches your petite princess in size. I actually had to do this to get my set to match, because my husband had bought the store sample Lace engagement ring setting that was apparently an older discontinued model, and it was in between the current versions of the petite and regular lace in size. The petite band was too small, the regular band too big. So we shipped off my engagement ring to get a matching wedding band made for my engagement ring. As I said earlier, for some reason if the heights of the bands didn''t match the set looked odd, but the width variation was fine.

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
Peppermint Patty- First of all I just want to say as I got your reply to my post, I was reading your purse blog posts on my other tab! From what I read and saw your whole set is amazing! I thinks its awesome that you can wear the classic with the lace band when you don''t want to wear your e-ring. Maybe that''s what I will do, buy both the petite princess and petite lace (that is if my FI will go for it
2.gif

I''m leaving now to go to try them on!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
That is awesome you found them on the other forum!!!!! yeah!! At that time I had the 2 wisps still. i have to say I like the classic princess eternity band even better than the wisps. At that time I had not removed the diamonds by my center diamond of my engagement ring. Lastly that diamond was my GIA 1.85 and now I have an AGS 2.17. Wow- that is a lot of changes in a short amount of time. I truly am perfectly happy now- finally!

I can''t wait to hear back from you when you get back, so exciting!!! I hope your DF lets you get both bands. I love my diamond so much, but on my days with the little ones running errands and what not, I love wearing the 2 bands together. They make me smile
1.gif

Good Luck and have fun and don''t forget to let us know what you decide!!!!!

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
I''m back! It makes all the difference seeing them in real life. I LOVE the petite lace band! It looks so awesome with both my e-ring and the petite princess band. But I definitely only want it if I can also have the matching band to my e-ring. We decided to go ahead and order the princess petite wedding band and I''m going wait to get the lace band (hopefully not too long!). The wedding is in Sept, and were funding it ourselves so I''m going to hold out for a little bit. I figure I''m 23 and I have many years ahead of me! I''m with you on the Michael B - as soon as I saw the ad in a magazine I knew one of his designs had to be mine! I''m glad that you finally got your set just the way you want it. I can only imagine what your upgraded stone looks like now! Stunning I''m sure. I think its awesome to collect and have the ability to swap out different pieces whenever you want. Eventually I want to swap out my center stone (and put it around my neck ) and get a 1.85-2.25c.
2.gif
And find a beautiful right hand ring, plus studs for my ears, oh the list goes on.

Did you have any trouble with sizing? My DF ordered me a 6.15 and its huge on me. That''s probably because I got sized on a 3mm ring. We ordered my band in a 6, but I''m nervous. The 2mm petite lace I just tried on in the store was about a 5.90 or something and it fit good, especially wearing both that and the e-ring at the same time. Should I change the order to something slightly smaller than a 6? I''m going to send my ring in tomorrrow to Michael B so they can make sure it matches perfectly.

One note: The 6.15 IMO is huge, but it would never fall off. Basically the stone slides and hits my pinky and ring finger sometimes and even with the lace band on, if I extend my fingers straight, when i pull it they slide off like they are coated in butter. But if i shake my hand around it would never fly off. How much is it for Michael B to size down about a 1/2 size? I suppose it isn''t that big of a deal.

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
I forgot to add that I live in Seattle and the temp range is 25-49 degrees this time year. I''ve never worn my e-ring in the summer since I just got it in October (although when he gave it to me we were in Vermont and it was about 74 degrees and it fit the same)

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
It''s great to hear the excitement in your post!!! i am thrilled you could go and see the beautiful rings in person and try them on with your engagement ring- lucky girl! I think you are wise to buy your matching band and then you can get the petite crown lace for Christmans or your 1 year wedding annv. I have definitely had to pace my self and I am twice your age! It is very responsible of you. I just know you will love wearing the two bands together when your diamond is too much. I am uncomfortable wearing all 3 rings together, but I think that will be pretty too. Not to be an enabler, but the Michael b infinity band is too die for, if I didn''t have a 2 carat 3 stone right hand ring already I would so wear that on my right hand.

I have never had to have my rings sized. Since you are sending your engagement ring to Michael b for the wedding band to be made, now would be a great time to get them sized. Perhaps you need a 6. Did you try a 6 on by any chance? I don''t seem to need a bigger size because of wearing 2 rings together. I am guessing that you are one of the gals I envy that have a slightly bigger knuckle, but then a skinny finger. They need the size to get over the knuckle, but then the ring tilts or spins. I get my rings bigger just to get that movement- I love it. But I have chubby fingers! I wonder if Michael b couldn''t do what some gals have had done to their rings. They add 2 little balls at the back inside of the ring so it fits a little snugger when it is on. It''s worth a try to ask.

So glad you found what you love, that is more than half the battle. I too saw Michael b. years ago and told myself it was too much money. I went with Tacori and while it was very beautiful my heart still was aching for Michael b. The lace is just like nothing I have ever seen before. So special! Please be sure to post pictures when you get your wedding band. Congrats on your ring and your upcoming wedding!!!

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
You were so right about the crown too round, it has that dome shape to it. I loved the petite lace band. Where can I find pictures of your set? Everything I see the lace I just drool!

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
My last post was for Cara, I''m not sure how the replies work!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results