shape
carat
color
clarity

MEXICO - need ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
The first vacay that DH and I ever took together was to Ixtapa. For us, it was PERFECT. Posh beaches, affordable, nice hotels and touristy shops and then five minutes away was Zihuatanejo, a fishing village - more of a "real" Mexican town. I''d return in a heartbeat, except that we both feel like the world is too big to go somewhere twice, and we think we might drive my parents crazy if we were "tour guides."

My parents and DH and I are tossing around going on a Mexican vacation together next Christmas. Dad is not super mobile, Mom wants to see Chichen Itza (I too want to see ruins, that was the only drawback of Ixtapa), but Mom, DH, and I REALLY don''t want to go to a tourist trap - Mom''s a Spanish teacher and has never been to Mexico, so I can''t really see her being happy in somewhere like Cancun/Vallarta. Lots of things to do/places to see are important, too, since Mom and Dad are NOT sit on the beach types (yet we still all want to be able to sit on a nice beach).

So, here''s what we''re looking for:

-A beach location
-All inclusive
-Interesting/cultural things to do nearby (within walking distance=good)
-Comfortable accommodations
-Reasonably priced

Any ideas? I''ve searched Trip Advisor for hours and I''m just getting frustrated.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
We are considering having our wedding at Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun. It''s actually in Playa del Carmen, so it''s a bit off the strip and away from the craziness. It''s 18 and over only, which is a HUGE plus for us. I haven''t been there, but one of my fussiest friends has been there several times and loves it. Here is their website.
It''s pretty close to either Tulum or Chichen Itza. I''m not sure; I can never keep those two straight.
Good luck!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
One of my friends stayed there for her honeymoon - from what I understand, you''ll LOVE IT - from her pics, it looked like the absolute perfect honeymoon. I think we might want to be a little less luxe, actually (crazy, I know!!) but I''ll definitely check the site out. Thanks for the link!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Two words for ya...SECRETS CAPRI ! My husband and I were there last year, there was a wedding, while we were in the pool!
emsmile.gif
It''s HEAVEN or earth there! Best food, best service, NO kids...they cater to you like no other! I was sick the first day there, they sent me a HUGE tropical flower arrangement, with a heart felt note! They stocked my fridge with Gatorade for my upset stomach. They came and checked on me once while I slept, and asked if there was ANYTHING they could get me. It truly is an amazing resort, and I can''t imagine who wouldn''t enjoy it there. There were many honeymooners there, and the best thing is that the resort is smaller, with many staff members, and they call you by name by day 2! The SPA is great, (go for a couples massage on the beach)! I can''t wait to go back! I will post the pick of the little gazebo were the wedding took place, we were at the pool bar applauding, but I''ve seen weddings down on the oceanfront too...the set up is LOVELY!

SECRETS tropical flowers.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Here is the gazebo, but they had a satin runner from the hotel to the gazebo with huge sea shells holding it down, rose petals scattered, beautiful tropical flowers adoring the gazebo, it was so elegant looking, made me wanna put my drink down, hop out of the pool, go put on a simple white dress, and say "I do" all over again! LOL

gazebo for weddings.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Lobby of the hotel, the entire resort is so elegant. The rooms are marble (marble floors, marble showers, barthroom), HUGE canopy beds, which they come in to turn on the soft music (sound of rain), turn down the covers, adjust the curtain around the bed...simply amazing service there once again. If you have any questions about the resort, or want more pics...feel free to ask, I would be happy to assist you. I can''t say enough about Secrets Capri!

lobby of secrets capri.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
My BF and I stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suites earlier this year and loved it! The resort is located in the Mayan Riviera near Playa Del Carmen and is adults only, all-inclusive. I''ve never been one to go back to the same resort but I would definitely go back to El Dorage in a heartbeat!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
beau13,

where in Mexico is Secrets? It sounds wonderful.
Mexico is a quick jaunt for us in Texas, so it''s
a great place to go for a quick little getaway.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Bebe..it''s on the Mayan Riviera, it took 10 mins by cab, to get to Playa Del Carmen (great shopping/nightlife). They were building a resort on the beach next to Secrets Capri when we were there last April, and apparently it is another Secrets Resort, opening this May. It looks fabulous in the brochure! Secrets is a little pricier than some resorts (about $ 6000 CDN for the two of us), but it''s considered an "elite" resort, 5 + stars according to my travel agent. She recommened it, saying if she could pick ANYWHERE to travel (hot/sunny place), that would be her first pick followed by "Dreams Tulum" which was about 15 mins. away from Secrets. Apparently Secrets in booked a year in advance by people who have been there before, we met couples who travel ALOT and said this was their 3rd or 4th time to Secrets Capri, and their favourite desitnation by far!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear that Secrets gets rave reviews! I can''t wait to go!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone been to Mazatlan? Right now that''s our biggest contender.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results