shape
carat
color
clarity

Metal mixing...is it really THAT bad?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a platinum bezel wedding band and am considering an 18k stacker to wear next to it. A spacer is probably asking too much of my short, fat digits as would be the extra cash to pony up for platinum. What is the real world neither ring will really ever come off damage that would occur from wearing these two metals side by side day after day?

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I have a gap between my 14k Ering and 14k WB so I filled it in with two spacers. One spacer is .8mm palladium and the other is 1.3 in rhodium plated silver (less expensive). All of the metals have played nicely with each other and I've been wearing them together for three months now.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on what the metal is hitting. For example, my first e-ring was a temp 14k white gold 6 prong that I wore with a platinum wedding band. The place that the wedding band hit the e-ring was right at the base of the prong, and after a few months had eaten a fairly clear groove into the prong, making the head more vulnerable. However, I wear a platinum band and an 18k band stacked on my ring hand fairly often and have been wearing them together for about 5 years now, and haven't had any problems with the platinum wearing out the gold as far as I can see.

Can you post pics of the 2 rings and how they line up together?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know yet how they will line up together. I haven't pulled the trigger on the stacker yet. They would be these two though though. The bezel band is platinum and the emerald ring 18k.

_130.jpeg

_10989.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Actually I may have just bought the emerald ring. :love:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think you may need to try the rings next to each other, and then perhaps get a small sterling silver spacer band in case that there is contact.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a plain 2mm platinum or it might be palladium band I wear next to the diamond band now. I really don't wear my ering unless I'm going out and getting dressed up. But with the diamond and plain band my finger real estate is pretty maxed out. I suffer from short stubs.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I always thought my Ering was way too thick to wear it with a band until I found this 18K rose gold and diamond tiny band . Love it (got it on diamond bistro)

pinkband.jpg

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
I've worn a platinum wedding band with my 14k engagement ring for almost 10 years with no issues. They fit together pretty snugly (everyone thinks they were sold as a matched set), and I've never had problems with them rubbing or the gold wearing away.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results