shape
carat
color
clarity

Mesh Tie Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am interested in buying an 18K yellow gold mesh tie necklace. This one is 27" long. I have seen a white gold one in 18K that is 40" long and 84 grams for slightly less money. (Each costs approximately $2,000.) I am sorry I didn''t buy one from my local jeweler years ago. Now I do not know to whom I should go for the exact necklace I want.... Does anyone know who imports Italian 18K gold mesh neck ties or scarves like this one? (I do not think I like the Elsa Peretti look.)

elite3953.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... I don''t who imports it, but I do have some idea from whom they might be importing (link to SEMAR catalog). This is where my local jeweler gets his fare. The "knitted" gold mesh is quite a sight!

Btw. Tiffany has several designs - is the V-shape scarf the one you don''t like ?

TiffanyMesh.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ana,

I do not like the one you show above. I also do not like any of the other Tiffany styles. I like one that looks more like a handknit scarf, long and loose.

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love 18K yellow gold mesh jewelry. Not only am I looking for a long (about 40") gold mesh scarf, but also gold mesh earrings. There are two pairs designed by Elsa Peretti which I covet. This is one of them!

YGScarfEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the other pair I love. The earrings are 1 and 5/8 inches long. They are made in larger sizes, but with a freshwater pearl. I prefer all gold!

GoldmeshEarrings.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Have you checked Fay Cullen? I thought I recalled seeing one like this a while back on her site? These were popular in the 50s & 60s, I believe...they are fabulous. I hope you find one.
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread has turned into one about gold mesh jewelry, not just gold mesh tie necklaces. I bought a pair of 22K gold earrings that are not mesh, but are similar, a few weeks ago. I will try to take a picture of them and post it here. In the meantime, if anyone wants a pair of goldplated mesh earrings there is a pair on sale on eBay. I just bought the last set the vendor had up for sale. (It is exactly the same as the set currently up for sale.) One day I hope to get the Tiffany Elsa Peretti 18K gold scarf earrings, but in the meantime I can wear these!

Here is a link to the current auction:

Goldplated Mesh Earrings

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are 3 1/2" long. I love the way they drape. (Another shot that shows that is coming!)

goldplatedearrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a photo that shows how the earrings drape. I imagine the Elsa Peretti scarf earrings look similar on!

golddrape.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey deb,
don''t know if you''re still looking or not, but i saw these and thought of you...............

meshneckearrings.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, and this too....

meshdiamondbracelet.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the weave of the necklace, Belle, thank you. Where did you see this? No, I haven''t bought one. (Nor *can* I buy one right now!) I know I want something long, longer than the usual necklace length. The necklace you posted isn''t long enough for me. On the other hand, I think it may be the nicest looking woven gold (gold mesh) I have seen! The bracelet looks like one I saw on the Tiffany website.

Deb

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey deb,
i found it here, at pearlman''s.
i''ve never priced pieces like this before, and to tell you the truth, i didn''t look at the price of the necklace the first time i saw it. i just remember thinking, ''wow, that is beautiful!'' so, if you end up with sticker shock when you see it...
23.gif
sorry!!
(it is so very pretty though!!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! Sticker shock, indeed! That is 7 times what everyone else charges for a similar piece! But it *is* beautiful! Thanks, Belle.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know of Ocino Jewelers? It was on their website that I saw some mesh scarf necklaces in the past. I am thinking of buying one (finally). I like the Ocino price. (They have one in 14K gold that is 39" long including the fringe at the bottom for $1,100 including shipping.) (They will also have a scarf necklace custom made.) I also like the scarf necklace that I have been eying for years at my local jeweler''s (Grunberger Jewelers in Stamford, CT). I have kept watching and the price has kept climbing!!! The current marked price on the one Grunberger''s has is $4800, although Jim often gives me a discount as a returning customer! That necklace is 18K and has some special details that I have no idea whether the Ocino necklace does. It is also longer, although I don''t remember how much longer. (My notes are not near the computer!)

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2005 4:44:06 PM
Author: AGBF
Does anyone know of Ocino Jewelers?

I did a little research. Their website said they were members of Jewelers of America, which did list them on its website. According to Jewlers of America they are located in Fair Haven, New Jersey. Ocino''s own website said that prior to 9/11 they were located downtown in Manhattan. Now they appear to have an office in the Empire State Building. They also sell on Yahoo, but are unrated and not yet reviewed there.

Does anyone else know any more?

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2005 5:05:20 PM
Does anyone else know any more?

Well...they sell on eBay, too, and haven't had neutral or negative feedback from anyone in a very long time. They sound OK to me :).

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As some of you who read Jewelry Pieces regularly know, I have been looking at yellow gold mesh scarf necklaces for years (and years). They always seemed too expensive (and some of the designer ones are!).

During the summer I went to my local jeweler in Connecticut and looked at their scarf necklace again and again. I had decided I wanted to be able to see a scarf necklace or a very good photograph of one, not to buy, "blind" by custom ordering a necklace without ever seeing the exact mesh that would be used or what the fringe looked like. My local jeweler, Grunberger''s, had a scarf necklace with beautiful detail around the fringe. I also liked the mesh and I do not like some of the mesh used, including the mesh used by Elsa Peretti (I think it is she who designed the necklace) on the Tiffany mesh scarf necklace.

At any rate, I asked Mona at Grunbrger''s if she could have the same scarf necklace they sold made longer and wider. The end of August is not a good time to ask a jeweler to talk to anyone in Italy, so things moved slowly! Eventually I learned that it could be done.

Mona phoned a couple of days ago to say that the necklace was in and that it was gorgeous. (She had expressed some initial doubts about its width.)

I am going to be in Connecticut for a few days and I think I will be able to pick up the scarf necklace! I will look up the dimensions upon which we eventually decided, too, and post them.

Deborah

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...here are the dimensions of the necklace. Mona wrote it was, "the description".

> Here is the description: 18K yellow gold, diamond cut curb link
> chain, weaved scarf, 1" wide, 46" total length (finished at the
> ends with a 3" long chain fringe).

The woven part will be 40", but there will be an additional 3" of fringe on either side, bringing the total length, including fringe, to 46". It will be 1" wide. (The one in the store is 1/2" wide and looks good when wound twice around the neck...but doing that shortens it!)

I will let you know how it looks when I see it. I will also (someday) post pictures. I realized when I was scrolling through the threads in Jewelry Pieces that I have not yet even posted photos of the Georg Jensen items my mother found on my last trip to Connecticut! I have some catching up to do on the photos!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2005 7:14:48 AM
Author: belle
hey deb,

i found it here, at pearlman''s.

i''ve never priced pieces like this before, and to tell you the truth, i didn''t look at the price of the necklace the first time i saw it. i just remember thinking, ''wow, that is beautiful!'' so, if you end up with sticker shock when you see it...
23.gif
sorry!!

(it is so very pretty though!!)

belle,

That link no longer works (although I used it when it did!). Do you remember if it was an Alex Sepkus necklace? I wish someone had posted a photo of that when it was available!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
belle, so it is right here in this thread to look at! Whether that is the one by Alex Sepkus, I do not know! Sorry for the confusion.

Deb[/b]

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2005 8:49:51 AM

I will let you know how it looks when I see it. I will also (someday) post pictures.
Hei! Your necklace ''sounds'' wonderful
2.gif
Can''t wait for the respective ''someday'' !

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the necklace!!!!!! Just don''t leave us hanging as long as you had to wait to get it! TORTURE.....
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the necklace around a month ago, but wore it for the first time on Christmas Day. No one present noticed it! My husband never knows what jewelry I have!

PS-Gold Palace now has the beaded high (22) karat yellow gold earrings for which I was searching (and which one vendor here tried to have made for me in India!). My only problem with these are that they are far too short!

Gold Palace beaded "curtain" earrings

Deb

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
where did THOSE earrings come from? they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Deb,

Where did the goldplatedearrings come from???? (sorry cant figure out how to post pics yet, i''m an idiot)
i want them!
where oh where do i buy them? lol
they are gorgeous!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2006 5:55:46 AM
Author: MissCongeniality
Where did the goldplatedearrings come from????

MissCG,

I bought them on eBay. I may be able to find the vendor from whom I bought them, but I am not sure.

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results