Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Merelani Mint Garnet Tsavorite?

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I think this shield shape particularly suits a men’s ring well. Lots of signet rings have this shape, so you could start from here as an inspiration? Imagine this shank in white gold or platinum, for example. You could make the lines geometric to match the stone.

857B9C43-7E46-4D7E-BB7E-ACB5207EA006.jpeg
@peacechick that is so unique! Great find!!! That is such a awesome inspiration ring! @gym33019 you need to see this!!!

GemGraphicEtsy

Rough_Rock
I had this idea before it arrived. I still like this. I actually just had my cad designer replicate the amazing old Faberge ring. It's in production now, but the shank cut outs are so cool, I thought about using the shank and just creating a tray that contours the stone with a thick outline that really accentuates the shape of the stone.

green garnet ring.jpg

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
I had this idea before it arrived. I still like this. I actually just had my cad designer replicate the amazing old Faberge ring. It's in production now, but the shank cut outs are so cool, I thought about using the shank and just creating a tray that contours the stone with a thick outline that really accentuates the shape of the stone.

green garnet ring.jpg

I really like this design! I hope the color matches what you're looking for. Also, bezeling the stone may deepen the color. I think rose gold may make it more blue as well?

GemGraphicEtsy

Rough_Rock
I really like this design! I hope the color matches what you're looking for. Also, bezeling the stone may deepen the color. I think rose gold may make it more blue as well?

I've been putting it next to all the different metals to see which looks best. While it does pair well with the rose gold, I feel like the warmth of the rose gold brings out more of the yellow green. I agree, the color will probably intensify when set, but it is a bit soft colored while loose. White gold seems to detract from the color the least and maybe brings out he cooler tones. I typically do not like white gold for myself.....I like it without rhodium, but I think the silver rhodium color may be the best choice. ugh. lol

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
I've been putting it next to all the different metals to see which looks best. While it does pair well with the rose gold, I feel like the warmth of the rose gold brings out more of the yellow green. I agree, the color will probably intensify when set, but it is a bit soft colored while loose. White gold seems to detract from the color the least and maybe brings out he cooler tones. I typically do not like white gold for myself.....I like it without rhodium, but I think the silver rhodium color may be the best choice. ugh. lol

There's always two-tone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of a modern brushed metal setting.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I keep changing my mind... you may get lucky just yet! Lol :)

@gym33019 lol don’t toy with my jewelry emotions! JK!!! I will be happy seeing your ring and seeing you happy or I will be happy seeing it on my hand! Most of all I care that you are happy
Thank you again for even considering selling it to me- I feel very lucky indeed!

GemGraphicEtsy

Rough_Rock
I like the idea of a modern brushed metal setting.

The finish is really interesting. This is taken from a faberge ring made for Maria Federovna to give as a gift to an unknown man around 1900. It has long been my absolute favorite ring and I never thought it could be replicated with Cad. However, I talked to my cad designer and he said he can really closely replicate it. The texturing on the band he called “grow lines”.. like they are usually just polished away. But, he’s just going to tumble finish the ring to keep the grow lines and that matte look. Super excited to get the ring! 41BC2F68-20A2-446E-B74B-69FA3250DA8D.jpeg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s beautiful, and strange that I would think a modern looking ring would hail from the turn of the 20th century.

GemGraphicEtsy

Rough_Rock
That’s beautiful, and strange that I would think a modern looking ring would hail from the turn of the 20th century.

It was actually a very modern design for its time.... and still is! I absolutely love it.

Reactions: T L

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
X1 white gold/ 14k rose bezel. I think the 14k rose gold looks more copper than the 18k and I like that more. The two tone makes the stone pop more. Love the stone and the setting!!!

GemGraphicEtsy

Rough_Rock
X1 white gold/ 14k rose bezel. I think the 14k rose gold looks more copper than the 18k and I like that more. The two tone makes the stone pop more. Love the stone and the setting!!!

Thx! I was kinda leaning there also, but I'm also considering the opposite, 14K Rose shank / X1 Bezel. I am worried the warm metal will encourage the yellow tones of the stone more than the blue, so I wonder if giving it a white metal bezel with allow the stone to show it's true color without being affected by the warm tones of the rose gold. idk!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer the warm tones with greens. Have you looked at images online just to see how greens look with different metals? You can also put it on a penny or dime to get an idea.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    Diamond Prices - April 2021
    Diamond Prices - April 2021
    The Unconventional Jewelry Hunt
    The Unconventional Jewelry Hunt

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.