shape
carat
color
clarity

Merelani Mint Garnet Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought some Merelani mint garnets this summer and have been working on getting some jewelry made out of them. I had the ring made in May. It goes with a diamond ring guard I have but I find I like it as a solitaire better. I had a pendant made a few weeks ago but the chain broke the second time I wore it and I lost the pendant. The jewelry store where I bought the pendant and had them mount the garnet in it said they''d replace it all; but I''ll believe it when I see it - especially since the guy that said they''d do that no longer works there. I do have a receipt and it is in their computer so keep you fingers crossed on that. The chain had a flaw in it right by the clasp so he admitted it was their fault.

Anyway last night I got the earrings back so here is a picture of the earrings, an ear shot and the ring. The studs are 5mm trillions mounted in white gold. The ring has a 6.5 x 4.5 mm oval stone.

garnetset.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful shades of green! Elegant.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Marcy
36.gif

I love your set!!! Those garnets are a beautiful shade of green. I do hope you will get your pendant as promised.

You are getting quite the collection of gems my friend!!!
36.gif

love, Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, Linda and Sonomacounty.

Linda, I guess I should stop working on my gems collection and start my Christmas shopping.

9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love "mint" colored green stones. Beautiful!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ooh- Yum! Love the color! I hope it all works out with the pendant!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Tourmaline Lover and Geckodani. I''ve got more green clothes than blue anymore so I had to find some green gemstone jewelry to wear.
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
So pretty. I''m glad to see you getting a suite so that everything matches. Too bad about the pendant. I hope you can get it replaced.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely set and the green really suits your colouring. What a shame about the pendant. Hope you get it replaced soon.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love mints, and the earrings look great on your ears! I''ll keep my fingers crossed that you can get the pendant replaced!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much Fly Girl, Loving Diamonds and Lauren the Partier.I will certainly post pictures of the pendant if I get it.I wish I had thought to take a picture of it when I had it.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice marcy!!!!

Best of luck with the pendant situation and keep us posted!

****P.S. Dust****

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks PrincessDijon. I appreciate the PS dust too.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

How would you describe their color, exactly? Any yellow in them? Any olive? They look like a very unique color.

And, they look fantastic on you. It seems you have red hair in the photo and greens are so gorgeous with red hair.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SonomaCounty, thanks for the lovely compliment. Compared to my emerald ring they do have a little yellow in them but not much. I would say they are a medium green with a hint of yellow.

My hair is strawberry blonde and really changes color between different lighting. I think my hair looks redder in photos then real life but my husband says it looks just like it.

ETA: the first picture is on a white background so the green there is a little dark, I would say the ear shot is very close to what they look like and the ring is darker than in real life. Maybe some of that helps.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo they are very pretty. I hope you are able to get your pendant redone. Beautiful set!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Michelle!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pieces! I hope your jeweler does replace that for you. Gemrite.com has a really pretty merelani mint garnet that I really wish I could buy, but I really shouldn''t spend the money. But just in case you''re still looking to add to your collection....
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kelli. I will go check out the link you gave me. I shouldn't spend more money either but sometimes I can't help myself.
11.gif

ETA: I love that first round! It's divine.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s the one! If I weren''t buying a house...

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will be a nice set when it is all together. Looks like such a refreshing color!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli, maybe it will still be there when one of us gets some extra cash. Good luck buying your new house.

Part Gypsy, i hope to find a bracelet someday too but it''s a long shot!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Cool color!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks UCLABelle.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 11:49:04 PM
Author: marcyc
Kelli, maybe it will still be there when one of us gets some extra cash. Good luck buying your new house.

Part Gypsy, i hope to find a bracelet someday too but it''s a long shot!
THANKS
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results