shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''''s platinum wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
My fiance likes this wedding band by A.Jaffe (pic attached). Another PSer recently asked if platinum bands with different prices had the same quality, and was told no. Does this still apply when the bands run $2000 and over (like this one), or is there some point above which you are paying more only for the brand name? I''m happy to buy the best for my fiance but want to make sure that the price is reasonable for a wedding band without diamonds.
1.gif
This seems to be a pretty basic 6mm platinum band with sandblasted (dark-looking) center and polished, tapered edges. If anyone has any thoughts on this particular ring or can recommend a similar ring by another manufacturer, I''d love to hear. Thanks!

AJaffePlatBand.jpg

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
diamond quester......what a nice ring. i''ll be lookin'' for a plat band soon. and, late last nite i was on pearlman''s website lookin'' at the A. Jaffe stuff also. i''m glad you started a thread on this subject...i was surprised by the prices also. i don''t have any more knowledge than you do....we''ll both find out when everyone else chimes in...........

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TH! Tanya''s ring is going to be stunning with the solitaire setting you have in mind. I''m so glad you agreed on the diamond that will make both of you the happiest. Now you need the perfect ring too.
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
My fiance wanted a 6mm platinum band with polished edges and hammered center. He really liked a Lieberfarb ring in particular. So we started price comparing, and I ended up placing my order with Steve Hydock Jewelers in PA. Honestly, the price was about half of the asking price of our local B&M jewelers, and it was still a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the price given to us by our family jeweler.

I was a bit unsure at first (since I had found him online and not on PS), but he answered all my email questions, and when it was time to place the order, he was very, very helpful on the phone.

I don''t know if he can get A.Jaffe rings, but it is worth a shot asking, since he was able to get the exact Lieberfarb ring we wanted. His website is http://www.cheaperjewelry.com/.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
diamond.....thank you for your reply! i appreciate your comments....
2.gif

rascal...thank you for providing us a place to look, i''ve bookmarked the site.....

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Michelle! I''ll look more into Lieberfarb rings too.
1.gif

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the quality of men''s wedding bands at this price point?

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
i''m waitin'' toooo........what''s up with the price difference? hey, if quality is it, i''ll pay for it. but, if it''s a name, i won''t. platinum is platinum, right? quality and workmanship (or is that workPERSONship?) is worth payin'' for.......

help us out folks.....

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
diamond, while browsing mike morrell''s website for a setting, i found this info....read on girl.....lemme post this web address and get back to readin'' it myself!

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/FAQ.htm#How

check it out....it might make some sense....

tryin'' to help us both!!!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
This is a similar style to the one my guy wants..except he wants milgraining added on the outer edges and 7 diamonds in the center.....WF quoted us under $2000 to make this for us!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 11:17:30 PM
Author: TierHog
diamond, while browsing mike morrell''s website for a setting, i found this info....read on girl.....lemme post this web address and get back to readin'' it myself!

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/FAQ.htm#How

check it out....it might make some sense....

tryin'' to help us both!!!
TH, It''s Mark Morrel, not mike, hehe
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have heard good things about boones rings. also www.signedpieces.com carries plain men''s platinum bands for reasonable prices. Plat. is so darn expensive right now too. I''m sure there is a markup on designer pieces but those usually aren''t just plain plat. bands so it may be worth it if you find a style you really like.

Tierhog, you should ask Bill if he''ll give you a discount if you buy 3 rings from him
31.gif
..yours, tanya''s and tanya''s wedding band
9.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teirhog
After the diamond thread of a lifetime you are telling us you are getting yourself a wedding ring with NO bling?

I''m dissapointed.
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 11:31:14 PM
Author: kenny
Teirhog
After the diamond thread of a lifetime you are telling us you are getting yourself a wedding ring with NO bling?

I'm dissapointed.
38.gif
Me too. TH has to have some bling also!!!
9.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
lisa kaleigh.....you''re takin'' care o'' me stil, no matter where i''m postin''l.....glad you''re back from vacation. mark, mike.....lol....hey, it''s the heffies...
embeer.gif
. hey, i posted my ol'' thai ring in the Smtr. area.........

mrs salvo.....hey, good idea....i''m still waitin'' for pearlman''s email reply....i do love that michael morrell''s designs. i''ll chekc out ''signedpieces''....

kenny......i''d love to get a much smaller baby asscher on a tension ring.....those are soo cool.....don''t be disappointed in me bro. i''m workin'' on it....i wanna get the best i can find for tanya first, then, i''ll take what''s left. if it''s a simple plat band, then, so be it........

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 11:51:12 PM

mrs salvo.....hey, good idea....i''m still waitin'' for pearlman''s email reply....i do love that michael morrell''s designs. i''ll chekc out ''signedpieces''....

I''m sure you''ll hear from Bill first thing in the morning. He''s always very good about replying to emails, but closed on sundays.

Mark Morrell does amazing work, I can''t wait to hear what you find out from him as well.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
right....mark.....not mike, not michael.....darn.....

Sillius Soddus

Rough_Rock
I have been searching around for bands as well and have come across quite a few nice ones, including a few that look very similar to the one you posted (and none of them were over $2000). I quite like the Gelin Abaci bands for men...I first saw them at www.dimendscaasi.com, but you can also go right to www.gelinabaci.com directly to check them out (Click on ''Amore'' collection). I am guessing you are set on platinum but (just for fun!) it might be worth checking out all of the cool titanium stuff available. There is an amazing array of styles at places like Boone''s or Titanium Era. I have never owned a Titanium ring myself (and I have been told it takes some getting used to light weight) but they sure look cool! Anyway, good luck!
1.gif
1.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
An A. Jaffe platinum band is going to be exceptionally well made, as is most of the "name" manufacturers.

For the "non-name" manufacturers and individual custom jewelers, you have to judge their manufacturing and workmanship on a case-by-case basis.

Some of the "inexpensive" platinum items are legitimate deals, while others are just priced where they ought to be for their level of manufacturing and workmanship.

Which might be just fine for your purposes. Not everybody is looking for a Porsche. Some are perfectly happy with a Mustang.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
lisa kaleigh.....you''re takin'' care o'' me stil, no matter where i''m postin''l.....glad you''re back from vacation. mark, mike.....lol....hey, it''s the heffies...
embeer.gif

kenny......i''d love to get a much smaller baby asscher on a tension ring.....those are soo cool.....don''t be disappointed in me bro. i''m workin'' on it....i wanna get the best i can find for tanya first, then, i''ll take what''s left. if it''s a simple plat band, then, so be it........
TH, I answer all of my email. If you did not get one from me than yours never got through. Try again.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my hubby wears a plain plat. band we bought from a local jeweler. It was around $800 but that was almost 6 years ago. He wears it 24/7 and finds it very comfortable. I really need to pry it off his finger for a good polishing. Someday, I would love to get him a damaini ring, the one Brad Pitt designed. I think it would be a nice dress up ring.

26F13.jpg

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
sillius soddus....thank you for you info....got the websites you posted. thank you. titanium sounds interesting.....titanium...strong!

richard ....thanks much for your reply, i think you helped answer ''diamond'' and my''s question about cost. your opinion of the ''name'' vs. ''no name''....is a real good example....i, as well as ''diamond'' i''m sure, appreciate you takin'' the time to reply. your expertise, that of an appraiser, is valuable input in itself! thank you....however, if i had the money, i''d buy a porche!!

mr. pearlman...thanks for replyin''...

mrs salvo......i dunno why i thought a men''s plat band wasn''t gonna be too expensive, but, i guess a real thick (i prefer) gob of platinum is gonna cost.......

thank you all for helpin'' ''diamond'' and i''s curiosity about the cost of a plat band for men....

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
embeer.gif

Sorry dude.....there will be no simple band for our TH. We''ll have no part of that after all we''ve "been through" together. I mean, get real. You run the most viewed post of a diamond hunt in history. You have the most people helping you and then you think we''d believe you''d settle for just a plain band. Sorry.......not buying it. And neither should you.........LOL

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 11:24:28 PM
Author: Rod

embeer.gif

Sorry dude.....there will be no simple band for our TH. We''ll have no part of that after all we''ve ''been through'' together. I mean, get real. You run the most viewed post of a diamond hunt in history. You have the most people helping you and then you think we''d believe you''d settle for just a plain band. Sorry.......not buying it. And neither should you.........LOL
So true Rod, glad you feel as I do. TH has to have an amazing wedding band. If we have to pass the hat around and chip in so be it. I''m sure DF will pitch in right DF???
31.gif
But seriously nothing plain for you TH
11.gif
9.gif
35.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TierHog wrote:
"kenny......i'd love to get a much smaller baby asscher on a tension ring.....those are soo cool.....don't be disappointed in me bro. i'm workin' on it....i wanna get the best i can find for tanya first, then, i'll take what's left. if it's a simple plat band, then, so be it........"

Did you know I had a tension setting or was that just coincidence?
Maybe you are psychic.

' target="_blank">kenny's tension setting

If I get another ring it will be an ascher in a tension setting.
They are so easy to clean and you get to see more of the diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results