shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I have a new boyfriend (yay me!)
He is 6''0 and 170lbs and I hate how his jeans fit. They are like Dad jeans.
Anyone else have a slender bf/fi/dh who wears a flattering pair of jeans?

Currently he wears Levi''s but obviously not the right cut. He wears a 34/34 and those two measurements are the right size, but his butt looks square and there''s too much material around his butt. He also needs to buy the slim cut or whatever it''s called for men. Too baggy around the thighs. Anyway, any suggestions?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
DH is 6''2", about 170lbs and he has a few pairs of Gap jeans that fit pretty well. They''re slightly short, but your bf might not have a problem with the length. I think he also has a few Express jeans that fit him well. He won''t spend more than $40 on jeans and both of these stores have jeans that fit him and are a good price.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I love Lucky Jeans. I used to date a guy who was quite slender and he looked awesome in the Vintage Straight cut.

ETA: They also have a slim straight cut and a slim bootleg cut that are cut slimmer through the thighs.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love the way that gap jeans hang on guys. Boy...kind of...wears gap and banana jeans and he is about 6''2" they fall right and look..nice.
2.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I took him to try on jeans at Express because my sis said that''s what she recommended. The back pockets came really far down past his butt. What is that supposed to accomplish? I couldn''t get him to try another cut on once we agreed how horrible the first pair fit. I don''t want him looking like Mick Jagger, but the denim must be fitting. Do you remember what style his Express jeans are?

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
You might want to check out Joe's Jeans in the Classic Fit. They are slimmer than the relaxed leg but not too slim that they look awkward on a man over the age of 25.
9.gif

Hooray for a new boyfriend!

Here's a link for the classic jean: Classic Joe's Jeans
And here's a link for an even slimmer version: Slimmer Joe's Jeans

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
He really should try on other cuts! Just trying on one probably won''t be successful.

DH wears the X2 jeans from Express is a 34x32.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
My BF is 6'' 165 and has a pair of Ralph Lauren jeans that look AMAZING. We got them at the outlet for maybe $50? They''re slim fit and even make his non-butt look amazing.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
DH is 6 maybe 6''1 and only 150ish and he wears Diesels, they''re a bit pricey but fantastic for tall thin men -all our male friends are completely brand loyal to them.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH is slender as well and I find the jeans and slacks from Gap, Banana and JCrew fit him best. If we''re just looking to get him a pair of jeans to kick around in - I''ll got to Aeropostale - those aren''t dumpy in the butt which is nice but they''re much cheaper than the others.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 10:15:50 AM
Author: ladypirate
I love Lucky Jeans. I used to date a guy who was quite slender and he looked awesome in the Vintage Straight cut.

ETA: They also have a slim straight cut and a slim bootleg cut that are cut slimmer through the thighs.

I second Luckys! My husband is 6'' tall and has a slim athletic build. He looks awesome in his Luckys!
3.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
My DH sounds like he has a similar build. He wears Diesels and Rock and Republic jeans. Mens jeans are no easier to find than women''s jeans...you just have to go shopping with him and make him try on many pairs.
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
DH is 5''11 and 150, and wears Express. It''s hit and miss there. He returned one pair because they looked dumpy and bought the same style, same size and they fit fine! Weird.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
DH is 6'0 (I say 5'11, but he disagrees!) and about 175. He wears Levi's 505 regular fit. They are fairly slim cut, but not too slim, so he's not walking around looking ridiculous (or with legs that are too tapered!).

He destroys jeans pretty quickly so we don't like to spend too much per pair. We can get these on sale usually about $30 a pair, and they hold up fairly well to lots of abuse.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Lucky Brand
AG
Joe''s Jeans

delayedreaction

Shiny_Rock
Jean cuts can vary wildly from line to line even within the same brand.

First one question: what price range are you shopping in, and do you have a pretty diverse retail environment or are you stuck with the regular maul brands?

One way to save some time is to get a measuring tape and get useful measurements such as front rise (crotch to waist), back rise, thighs, waist, inseam and so on. You can then narrow down possible fits by searching online and looking at the real measurements, since waist and inseam doesn't really tell you a whole lot.

Alternately if you can get him to go shopping with you, take him directly to a jeans specialty store, or Barneys Co-op etc (I go to Denim Bar since I'm in the DC Metro area).

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I'm a fan of the classic or slim fit levis on a tall and thin guy. I totally hate skinny jeans on a guy (one of my pet peeves).

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
He''s 6''1-6''2" and 160lbs. He''s a 30x34. He looks fantastic in Levi 501s in dry denim. They are a classic, don''t have the annoying bell-bottomed flare at the hems, they''re a straight fit.

I took him to a mall to figure out fit, and then bought them online for $30. Dry denim is actually totally on trend and appropriate for men who aren''t college kids or ready for dad jeans. They''re dark, fade naturally, and look awesome dressed up or dressed down.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
FI looks best in Banana Republic and Buckle (BKE) jeans.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 9:07:46 PM
Author: Galateia
He''s 6''1-6''2'' and 160lbs. He''s a 30x34. He looks fantastic in Levi 501s in dry denim. They are a classic, don''t have the annoying bell-bottomed flare at the hems, they''re a straight fit.

I took him to a mall to figure out fit, and then bought them online for $30. Dry denim is actually totally on trend and appropriate for men who aren''t college kids or ready for dad jeans. They''re dark, fade naturally, and look awesome dressed up or dressed down.

I love raw denim-it is my absolute favorite!

Starset-is he looking for cheap jeans or expensive jeans? If he wants jeans on the cheaper side, I would definitely recommend Levi''s. The 501s are a classic straight leg. If he wants skinnier jeans than the 501, have him check out the 514. And if those aren''t skinny enough, the 511 is even skinnier than the 514. You can get them at the Levi''s store and probably most department stores.

If he''s willing to throw down some $, check out the APC New Standard. APC is a French line that makes great, clean raw, selvege denim for men. The New Standard fits like the 501. If he wants slimmer, the Petite New Standard is good. Another good line is Nudie. The Slim Jim is a slim fit that would probably be great on him.

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
My hubby always wore Levi. They began mass MASS production and began to stack the material way too high on the cutting table. We could never find the proper fit. To find his 32 32's was a real chore. The top pair was cut to proper proportion, but by the time the blades get to the bottom of the stack, the waist and length changes. So, it is possible that if he (your HE) is a die hard Levi fan, he just needs to try on multiple pair in the same size. Or the next or lower size.

Hubby got tired of the lack of consistency so he switched to Calvin's. I can tell you ...ah hem *blushing*...every angle is a treat to view! Va va va voom! They are always the same fit. No need to try on 15 pair.

Hubby is a no frills no label "no free ride of advertising" kind of guy. No brand is important just fit, durability and consistency. The Calvin tag is small and the jeans just look like denim jeans. His butt isn't selling another pair for free! Wink WINK.

Yours may be more of a Metrosexual and be into the labels, so if so my post won't do you any good. But I can vouch for the Calvins maintaining the size. No surprises when you wash them. The denim is consistent and seams are quality.

(I envy those of you who can get your fella in designer duds
36.gif
)

PS...anyone thinking of the Seinfeld episode...where Jerry admits to changing the waist number on his levis to what he wore in HS? That just cracks me up! Think he took a 32 and made it a 31? Or prehaps Brooke's ad of "nothing gets between me and my Calvins"? TV generation, check!

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
PS...I forgot to say Congrats! On the new Boyfriend! In PS tradition, may we request PHOTOS?
31.gif

Just kidding. It was just a joke. Hope to bring a smile to your ALREADY grinning face!

2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Could never find Levi''s long enough, so my 6''4" 190 lb Dh wears Nudie (Brand). As does my tall and very thin son. Perfect.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
when i was skinny i wore Lucky,Gap,Calvin Klein and 501s....all seemed to fit well for me,especially the Luckybrand and Calvins.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
My DH is really thin, 30 waist and 6 ft, and he really like Levi''s skinny jeans. They are not as thin as they sound and I think style # is 511. I like them because they are small enough in the rear and thighs, but straight all the way down so they don''t look like something a woman should wear. They also sit a bit below the actual waist, so you don''t get the old man high jeans thing.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My very thin husband wears Levi 506s (think they are different cuts in the UK than US though) in 28 waist/ 32 length. They look nice. I''d love for him to try Gap jeans. A couple of thin guys at work wear Gap jeans and swear by them but DH refuses to even try them.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Lee jeans?
Most of my guy''s are Lee''s.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 11:06:53 AM
Author: purselover
DH is 6 maybe 6''1 and only 150ish and he wears Diesels, they''re a bit pricey but fantastic for tall thin men -all our male friends are completely brand loyal to them.
Ditto! DH is 6''3" and looks great in Diesel jeans. They work really well on tall, slender guys.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
If his butt looks square and their is too much fabric, then odds are, he''s got a waist size that is a bit too large.

My partner/DH and I both have the Authentic from Gap and they''re pretty amazing. Generally, I can''t find pants that will fit me in the waist. My pants have always gaped in the back, but these are the first that really fit and fit well. Ohh, and DH is 6''5" and around 240 lbs and I''m 5''7" 148 lbs.

Gap Authentic in Resin Rinse

Authentic Resin Rinse.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I was sort of talked into buying these as I generally only buy dark denim without any distressing (holes, rips, etc), but I think they''re my favorite jeans. If I wear them this week, I''ll try to remember to snap a picture and post it here.

Authentic Destructed Vintage

Authentic Destructed Vintage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results