shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens Bling Eyecandy Folder

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mexican fire opal with play of colour, set in onyx panel and 18K yellow gold. In direct sun, flashlight and shade:
FireOpal.jpg

Typically for an opal, the colours show best in directional contrasty light. But the softer floating colour clouds seen in the shade are also fascinating.

sorry i somehow missed this
but im loving it

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
My new yellow-orange zircon, in 18K yellow gold. I love how bright it is:
Zircon.jpg

@DejaWiz, note the slightly beveled half-bezel (which would be octagonal, like your concept, if it were a full bezel). This is what I was suggesting for your ring. See how, with the lighting in the picture, there is a bright reflection at centre and top left, but not from the other sides. If the bezel were dead flat, there would be a bright reflection all around. I now always try to avoid this. Just my 2 cents.

Here is a comparison with other yellow-orange stones (parti sapphire, chrysoberyl / zircon, zircon, orange sapphire, yellow beryl):
YellowComp.jpg

It's hard to show them all at their best in one pic. (Note that some of the highlights are burnt out.) But you can see that the new zircon easily outshines the older round one. The new zircon, the orange sapphire and the yellow beryl seem to have the best balance of brightness and saturation. The parti sapphire and the chrysoberyl are bright, but not so saturated.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Zircon.jpg

@DejaWiz, note the slightly beveled half-bezel (which would be octagonal, like your concept, if it were a full bezel). This is what I was suggesting for your ring. See how, with the lighting in the picture, there is a bright reflection at centre and top left, but not from the other sides. If the bezel were dead flat, there would be a bright reflection all around. I now always try to avoid this. Just my 2 cents.

Here is a comparison with other yellow-orange stones (parti sapphire, chrysoberyl / zircon, zircon, orange sapphire, yellow beryl):
YellowComp.jpg

It's hard to show them all at their best in one pic. (Note that some of the highlights are burnt out.) But you can see that the new zircon easily outshines the older round one. The new zircon, the orange sapphire and the yellow beryl seem to have the best balance of brightness and saturation. The parti sapphire and the chrysoberyl are bright, but not so saturated.

Wow, @Starstruck8 manages to be both dazzling and juicy. What a great choice! I like the geometric setting too.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
IMG_0198.jpeg

I’m a lady but sometimes like jewelry with masculine styling. This thread does not get enough attention so may as well post this angular ring with wide band. Super comfortable. Size 6.5 but it would easily look good in size 10 or 11 because of the shank. David Klass, gents.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, @Daisys and Diamonds. Yes, it's very cool.

I sometimes think that the Men's Bling thread doesn't get as much traffic as it should. So I try to keep it active, because it's a great resource for design inspiration.

you do a good job Starbuck* keeping us ticking over
im always keen to see what our PS gents are wearing and its cool when a new man joins and we get to see new things
almost every ring posted i would wear

* Battlestar Galactica (1978 fan) so always think of you as Lieutenant Starbuck;)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
holy
Zircon.jpg

YellowComp.jpg

i would so wear that !
i love it
cow how did i miss these ?:-o:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::love::love::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout:

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dont wear rings often but I have started to wear them more often. I got this cheaper one to test the waters and its growing on me thinking about getting something way nicer. I wear stone rings more often though DSCN6366.jpg

i like it !!
when you are ready to go shopping plenty of people here will be able to help you choose a great one

pk888

Shiny_Rock
It’s here!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sooo excited for this ring that is currently in the works!

3.60 oval, j color, vs 1 clarity

And to make this even better, my jeweller for over 10years decided Rj give me such a sweet treat as we are
Making this ring for my 10th concert for a cause with Winnipeg symphony orchestra - where we donate all proceeds from the concert…

3D image and wax model photos are below IMG_7412.jpeg

IMG_6239.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6240.jpeg
    IMG_6240.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6238.jpeg
    IMG_6238.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 7
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results