shape
carat
color
clarity

Men and diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marqoid

Rough_Rock
I am going to be married within the next year and am custom designing a wedding band for myself (the groom). I plan to have diamonds; they are great little things, but there seems to be an opinion that men should typically stay away from diamonds. How many/big diamonds can a man wear? Should a man wear diamonds or is this reserved as an elegance for women only? Can wearing diamonds be a masculine thing? Anyone have any thoughts?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
why should women be the only ones to enjoy diamonds?? i say go for it, you should do what YOU want to do and not worry about what anyone else thinks! (unless your diamonds take away from her diamond budget, of course!!
1.gif
)

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, personally, I''m not all that fond of men with diamonds, but I certainly think you can pull off if you get a small stone in a thick, masculine setting.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
This is Mara''s husband''s ring. .38 stone in titanium.

GregFinishedRing.jpg

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
Mara's husband's wedding band has a diamond in it, and it is an awesome ring -- very masculine. Maybe someone else knows where it's posted and can put up a link? I think if the setting is done right, you can have a diamond and still have the ring be very masculine.

I also think if you like diamonds and it'll bring you joy, who cares what anyone thinks!

(edited to add -- HEST, we both thought of the same ring! It's a great example...)

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
I''m of the opinion that men who covet diamonds are listening to their inner Liberaces too much. But who am I, anyway? You should go with whatever makes you happy!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
After I had found a jewler I was comfortable with, and when I brought my fiance in with me, we looked at styles for our respective rings. I was drawn to one for myself with a small diamond -- design wise -- near some onyx. The onyx, for contrast, is I think what makes it work.

JC

Shiny_Rock
Pure preference my friend.....

"Buy what you like, and like what you buy"

9.gif

marqoid

Rough_Rock
Don''t think that anyones opinion is going to change my mind. From the time I began reading about diamonds when I bought my fiances e-ring I have been intrigued by diamonds. Somehow someway I had to have one; I just want to see what others think.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I like men wedding band with a single small diamond, nothing bigger than 1/2 ct. It''s a personal preference so if you like the diamond(s), then go for it cuz you are the one who have to wear it for the rest of your life.

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
I am having a neat diamond and titanium tension ring made as we speak by Boone Rings... and I am not even remotely close to marriage. If you get as much a kick out of the optics and material science aspect of these amazing substances, and its not too busy/gaudy for your personal style there is ABSOLUTELY no reason not to go for it! BTW mine is a 0.39 ct Cushette with decent spread that makes is similar to an avg 1/2 ct princess. I''ll post the pic when it arrives. Good luck and I hope to see the outcome once you''ve settled on it.

Scott

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I think my 5 year old caught the excitement recently (replaced my wife''s e-ring this past summer); he says he wants a diamond, too!

marqoid

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 3:30
6.gif
8 PM
Author: Scott Terence
I am having a neat diamond and titanium tension ring made as we speak by Boone Rings... and I am not even remotely close to marriage. If you get as much a kick out of the optics and material science aspect of these amazing substances, and its not too busy/gaudy for your personal style there is ABSOLUTELY no reason not to go for it! BTW mine is a 0.39 ct Cushette with decent spread that makes is similar to an avg 1/2 ct princess. I''ll post the pic when it arrives. Good luck and I hope to see the outcome once you''ve settled on it.

Scott
I like that thought; diamonds are so much more than just things that sparkle. They are amazing pieces of rock that are millions of years oldthat require an equal portion of science and art to get a really good stone. Please post pictures when your ring comes in; there aren''t enough mens rings posted on pricescope.

dominic

Rough_Rock
I like this men''s one, it''s a winner from WF! and I''m gonna have this as my wedding band

Dom

gi_DV-317_f.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, since you''re only asking for our opinions, I must say that I really dislike it. A lot.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Websailor wears a plain 5mm millgrain band on a daily basis. But for dressy ocassions, he has another band with 7 channel set diamonds .56 TW.

rededteck

Rough_Rock
Being a male, my opinion is also no. All the rings I see try to hide the men''s diamond in a ring rather than show off the rock. So, whats the point if it won''t stand out anyway?

reena

Ideal_Rock
well, as everyone has said it's a totally personal thing, and so i'm completely down with the guys here who have diamonds in their w-bands.

but, since you asked for opinons---mine, personally?

there's only one type of rock-hard accessory i want to see my FI sporting, and it's definitely not a diamond.
31.gif
6.gif
2.gif

in all seriousness, good luck with whatever you choose.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OH MY G*D. I JUST WET MY PANTS.
9.gif

marqoid

Rough_Rock
Hmm, rock-hard and not a diamond...
Didn''t see that one coming.

Thanks for all the input

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I like a guy with a diamond stud in one ear, myself--as long as he has nice ears.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I think it is up to the individual. I am having a diamond wedding band and I have told my FH to pick something that suits him and that he likes.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In an historical context, wearing diamonds was once only allowed for men, indicating their importance.

Nowadays, it is considered ''trendy'' for men to wear diamonds.

At this very point in time, the Antwerp diamond museum has a special exhibition about diamond jewellery for men.

Live long,

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 4:36:27 PM
Author: reena

there''s only one type of rock-hard accessory i want to see my FI sporting, and it''s definitely not a diamond.
31.gif
6.gif
2.gif

REENA!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 4:36:27 PM
Author: reena
well, as everyone has said it''s a totally personal thing, and so i''m completely down with the guys here who have diamonds in their w-bands.

but, since you asked for opinons---mine, personally?

there''s only one type of rock-hard accessory i want to see my FI sporting, and it''s definitely not a diamond.
31.gif
6.gif
2.gif

in all seriousness, good luck with whatever you choose.
and if that''s what he''s sporting, wouldn''t you rather everbody else be staring at his diamond????

in a word, no.

men should not wear diamonds. imho, men should not wear any jewelry of any kind other than a simple wedding band, or perhaps a chain. and if a gentleman really has a thing for diamonds, he can always buy them for his wife
1.gif

that said, I do like the diamond channel band by Vatche that dominic posted, it is very tasteful, classic and understated.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
ursulawrite we share the same assessment...................................i know diamond dealers all men who wouldnt dream of wearing one but hey................t each his own

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-----I PICTURE YOU AS THIS SWEET LITTLE DEMURE LADY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results