shape
carat
color
clarity

Melania's Diamond Ring at Inaugural Balls!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I have been searching furiously for more information about Melania's stunning ring that she wore to the Inaugural Balls! It's breathtaking!

I read that her e-ring from Trump was a Graff 12-carat D Flawless Emerald-cut. Then I read that Trump gave her a 25-carat ring for their 10th anniversary.

Here's a picture. Is she wearing the 25-carat anniversary ring? Anyone have more info??

melania_s_ring_01.jpg

Rivendell

Shiny_Rock
I think it maybe looks bigger than her engagement ring but still very tasteful. Melania looked amazing yesterday very glamorous and elegant.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed it repeatedly when she & the Don were dancing; the light kept hitting it just right and it was just sparkling & stunning! :love:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Great to hear from all of you - Snowdrop13, Rivendell, JoCoJenn! :wavey:

I haven't been on PS for a while, but I immediately figured this was my GO-TO-PLACE to find out more about Melania's ring!

From the link Snowdrop, it looks like a different ring from the e-ring, doesn't it?

I laughed when I read some of the descriptions of Melania's outfit when they said she wore minimal jewelry. Minimal is not what comes to mind when I look at that rock! :love:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1485097398|4118049 said:
Great to hear from all of you - Snowdrop13, Rivendell, JoCoJenn! :wavey:

I haven't been on PS for a while, but I immediately figured this was my GO-TO-PLACE to find out more about Melania's ring!

From the link Snowdrop, it looks like a different ring from the e-ring, doesn't it?

I laughed when I read some of the descriptions of Melania's outfit when they said she wore minimal jewelry. Minimal is not what comes to mind when I look at that rock! :love:

Yes, I think it is different, no sidestones on it in the inauguration pic. Not minimal in any way, though, and I think she's probably still wearing the gigantic diamond earrings too!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Snowdrop13|1485107539|4118088 said:
Yes, I think it is different, no sidestones on it in the inauguration pic. Not minimal in any way, though, and I think she's probably still wearing the gigantic diamond earrings too!
Those earrings! I couldn't tell what they were. Are they studs? Maybe princess? Is a grouping of stones? They were so big too.

All I know is NOW I need an upgrade! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, Starry!! :wavey:

I am so hopeful this thread can stay jewelry and fashion focused!

I thought her clothes were impeccable, and her jewelry for the balls was classy, fabulous, and understated considering the size. It looked like studs and the emerald cut ring, to me. But I never saw a close up of her ears to be sure about the earrings. I just know I loved everything she wore that day!

Q

Queenie60

I agree Diamondseeker - she looked fabulous. Elegant and understated - a bit of New York glamour!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1485117696|4118160 said:

I thought her clothes were impeccable, and her jewelry for the balls was classy, fabulous, and understated considering the size. It looked like studs and the emerald cut ring, to me. But I never saw a close up of her ears to be sure about the earrings. I just know I loved everything she wore that day!
Hi DS!! :wavey: Great to see you!

I can't believe there is so little info out there about these fabulous jewels! I hope someone puts the bug in her ear that we are all curious!

Queenie, thanks for chiming in! Melania's glamour transcends borders - she would be equally stunning in Paris, Milan, or anywhere. It will be a joy to watch her.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here is an image of her earrings, but I can't tell a thing.

melania_s_earrings_01.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looked gooooood! And, that Baron is such a cutie! SO tall! He's 10 years old!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1485117696|4118160 said:

I agree 100%; I thought she appeared very Jackie-O by day, and a gorgeous, glamorous lady during the evening events.

:wavey: I am totally down with having a running "WMW" (what Mel's wearing) thread (in hangout perhaps?) that we all collaboratively contribute to with pics we come across with any available details ... a historical chronology of her choices in attire and of course jewelry :naughty: for fellow admirers to enjoy. I think it would be fun over time to build, reflect on and chronicle it over the duration of her role because she is a very unique First Lady given her foreign heritage, worldly exposure, modeling past, aversion for fashion, and iconic sense of style. Perhaps she will even inspire me to get out of my yoga pants and Jammie's more (I work from home so that's what I tend to live in). :lol:

Is anyone else interested, or does it seem "stalkerish"? :???:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn, I don't see a thing wrong with a thread following her clothing and jewelry. I am sure her clothes and jewelry will be talked about a lot more in the media now that she will be in the public eye more often. I already love Duchess Kate, and I think Melania will be very much a style leader here as Kate is in her role. Kate has been reserved in the wearing of jewels in most circumstances, so I hope we can see a little more of Melania's jewels which must be fabulous! Ivanka looked beautiful, too.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: I'll get on that then.

In the mean time (and slightly off topic from Melania's bauble but still blingy), can I just say how much I LOVED this gown? And I'm not even a gown gal! :love: I thought Ivanka looked just stunning in it, and loved watching the light play on all those crystals.

ivanka_s_ball_gown.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1485149343|4118406 said:
JoCoJenn, I don't see a thing wrong with a thread following her clothing and jewelry. I am sure her clothes and jewelry will be talked about a lot more in the media now that she will be in the public eye more often. I already love Duchess Kate, and I think Melania will be very much a style leader here as Kate is in her role. Kate has been reserved in the wearing of jewels in most circumstances, so I hope we can see a little more of Melania's jewels which must be fabulous! Ivanka looked beautiful, too.
I agree DS! That is, IF we get glimpses of her. I understand she will stay in NY with Barron through the end of the school year. Good for her. It's so hard for presidential children, I'm sure.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ivanka's gown was elegant and gorgeous. I have always admired her style.

Starry...I totally agree and respect her for wanting her son to finish the school year where he has been. I know the transition is hard for children. I imagine State dinners and that kind of thing will be the times we get to see jewels and evening gowns.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here are some images from an ABC interview from 2012. I believe this must be her original 12-carat Graff emerald-cut diamond e-ring. The earrings look like the same ones she wore to the Inauguration. I'm guessing princess-cut. :love:

melania_s_ring_08.jpg

melania_s_earrings_08.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of the 25-carat rock! Wow!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

melania_s_ring3.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of her push present from Donald. How many carats must that be??

melania_s_push_present.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture from her wedding after she changed out of the 60-lbs. wedding dress. Check out the necklace! :love:

melania_s_wedding_necklace.jpg

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock
May she never suffer from DSS with that rock!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Those are some seriously stunning stones! :love:

Starry - do you mind if I quote your posts above & use them to start the thread in Hangout?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Strawberry129|1485193829|4118578 said:
May she never suffer from DSS with that rock!
HAHAHAHA!! Her 12-carat e-ring must seem SO small, next to the 25-carat boulder. We can help her with that, right? :naughty:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1485193948|4118579 said:
:love: Those are some seriously stunning stones! :love:

Starry - do you mind if I quote your posts above & use them to start the thread in Hangout?
I don't mind at all JoCoJenn. Thanks for asking! Great idea.

Are you thinking about chronicling Melania's wardrobe choices, in addition to jewelry? Will you include Ivanka, or devote a separate thread to her? They are both very interesting and stylish women!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1485179169|4118478 said:
:wavey: I'll get on that then.

In the mean time (and slightly off topic from Melania's bauble but still blingy), can I just say how much I LOVED this gown? And I'm not even a gown gal! :love: I thought Ivanka looked just stunning in it, and loved watching the light play on all those crystals.

Ivanka looked like a princess in that gown.

And I loved Melania's powder blue suit that she wore during the day.

Baron is a cutie for sure.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
starryeyed|1485190563|4118560 said:
Here is a picture from her wedding after she changed out of the 60-lbs. wedding dress. Check out the necklace! :love:

What a cute couple they make.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
starryeyed|1485185137|4118505 said:
diamondseeker2006|1485149343|4118406 said:
I agree DS! That is, IF we get glimpses of her. I understand she will stay in NY with Barron through the end of the school year. Good for her. It's so hard for presidential children, I'm sure.

Just watching her on inauguration day and her interaction with Baron, she is definitely a hands on, devoted mother.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
starryeyed|1485190400|4118557 said:
Here is a picture of the 25-carat rock! Wow!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you so much for posting a close up of the ring. Emeralds look so classic and beautiful, especially in larger carat sizes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results