shape
carat
color
clarity

Meeting with the boss

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I need some advice to help me keep my sanity! (note: my tone is not whiney).

I have a meeting with my boss this morning as I am unhappy that several high remedial and tedious tasks have been pushed on my plate in the last few weeks, a plate that is plenty full as it is. I am not one to complain and I am always glad to assist the organization in any way that I can but here is my issue: The tasks are not related to my area whatsoever, the person that should be doing them is too "busy" to do the work (but the impression is that she doesn''t want to do it anymore). I feel like I am being punished, I always get superior ratings on my reviews and I am half way through my MBA and feel like my time can be better spent then doing data entry for another area of the company.
38.gif

How do I approach my boss with this?

p.s. My job title and compensation have not been adjusted to reflect any additional work.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Go in with a game plan and be objective

Mention that you feel the work you have been assigned recently for this other department is taking you away from the work you have to do for your position and you fell you can''t be 110% committed to your work because of it. You don''t feel you have the time to devote to doing your job to the level you feel it deserves because you''re being assigned other projects. Ask your boss to help clarify what you should prioritize in your day. I''m assuming your boss isn''t the one who has reassigned work to you? Ask for clarification on your job title. Is there a line that says "additional duties determined by business needs"? Or something else like that?

I''d approach this from an asking for mentoring position versus whining. If your boss expresses that these tasks are going to become a part of your job description then bring up the additional compensation question then. Go in with a list of achievements and anecdotes to show how committed you are to the position and your company.

This sucks. I''m so sorry you''re in this position. I hope this gets cleared up soon. Good luck!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Hudson Hawk and I think that you should approach your boss about the issue. Also, have you tried talking to the person that should be doing the work? Maybe she doesn''t realize that you have enough of your own work to do to keep busy. Maybe see if the boss would hire an assistant to help out both of you? Maybe a long stretch but I''d love to have an assistant to do the "grudge" work. Good luck!

Jess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results