shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet 'Joy' - my enamel charm bracelet by David Klass Jewelry

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been working on this project on and off for about 3 years. Tweaking, retweaking, making charms - deciding they didn't hit the mark - then making them again. Some designs I thought I'd love...and didn't. Sometimes the colors needed changing...on and on...this project became nigh on to an obsession.

But it's finally done and I love it. We crossed a major milestone when I realized that, instead of dangling charms, I wanted the charms set end to end. This led to a new round of remaking anything with pointy sides or edges, which in turn affected the length, which in turn affected.... Well, you get the general idea. It reminds me of a comment my best girlfriend and I often make to each other in regards to renovating: "I bought a new lampshade. In the end, I had to sell the house."

Each charm is 18kt yellow gold with hand done enamel. Most of the pieces are solid and the bracelet altogether weighs a bunch. Two of the charms are enameled one color on one side, and a different color on the other. They have a D and a W respectively, representing my two best girlfriends in Australia, who bought me those 2 charms. The piece with the H and the holly leaves represents my name.

To me, this bracelet is the ultimate 'jeans and white shirt' piece. It's summer and spring and lifted spirits all rolled into one.

As a result, I've called her 'Joy'.

20210409_153256.jpg

20210409_153408.jpg

20210409_153441.jpg

20210409_153547.jpg

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and so heartfelt. Your collection of the heart is such an inspiration!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, Joy is just beautiful!

I know she's been a huge headache for you, but as always with your pieces, perfection shines through at the end. Wear her with health, happiness & a very much deserved joyful spring in your step!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so lovely, mrs-b. All your pieces are well thought out, but I love how personal and bright and happy this one is. Please share wrist shots when you get a chance.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the multicolored swirly piece! Very casual yet sophisticated at the same time.

Keeni

Rough_Rock
Absolutely perfect! What a special piece!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How special! Enjoy this beautiful bracelet.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wear the heck out of this!!!

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind responses! I'll respond to everyone individually later on. But in the meantime, here are the meanings behind each charm.

The blue and orange rectangle with the OEC - a gift from one of my best friends in Australia

The eight sided prism - representing a young adult fantasy fiction series I wrote

The heart with the holly leaves and the H - my name, my favorite color, and the love that fills my life

The Christmas bauble - my favorite time of year and most meaningful celebration

The lemon with lemon leaf - the Biblical meaning, which is long life and hope

The beachball - the ocean, my favorite place in all the world and where I feel most at ease and happy. Ocean swimming is also my favorite recreational pastime - above all things.

The red and orange oval with small OEC - a gift from my other best friend in Australia

The multi sided spinner / spinning top - representative of my colorful childhood and all the bright colors I adored when I was young

So, in other words - my life.

:))

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
It's really truly lovely.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, that is exquisite, @mrs-b! It is such a charming piece in every way (both literally and figuratively!), so colorful and vibrant and festive and endearing and beautiful all at the same time! :love: I hope Joy brings you much happiness!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a stunning beautiful piece not to mention the sentimentality behind it....a treasure no doubt mrs-b! =)2

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!! Its stunning, beautiful, meaningful, unique and sooooo cool!!! I could never have the imagination and creativity to do this type of thing. I want you to design one for me, ha ha!! :clap::)

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful charm bracelet! Love the meaning it holds for you and how it turned out!

Nevish

Rough_Rock
Wow, this is so gorgeous and cheerful! My favorite charm is the red one, but they're all so striking yet work together so wonderfully! Honestly, this is a magical piece.

I had no idea David Klass did work like this. Do you mind if I ask how involved they were with the design? Did you pretty much design the charms on your own, or did you give them inspo and they made suggestions? I think you may have just started me on my own years-long journey to a charm bracelet ☺️

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @mrs-b it’s spectacular; seriously sentimental and so sweet!
I just adore your jewelry stories and pieces and this beauty is no different.
I hope it brings you all the warm feels and love that you put into it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I loved the previous iterations you shared but this one is lighter and more whimsical. Intimate. As if a child emptied her pockets and made a bracelet from her treasures. Unconstrained. Free.

I feel like I've wandered into the PS art gallery. Thank you so much for sharing.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful as it stands, but your telling of how it is so intimately you and your life <3 what a treasure.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I loved the previous iterations you shared but this one is lighter and more whimsical. Intimate. As if a child emptied her pockets and made a bracelet from her treasures. Unconstrained. Free.

I feel like I've wandered into the PS art gallery. Thank you so much for sharing.

Indeed, so well said.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. It's bright and colourful and unique and strikes me as the type of piece worn by a person who is comfortable with who they are.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on finishing your labor of love. Enjoy it and the wonderful memories associated with each charm!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
What an exquisite meaningful treasure! It makes me smile just looking at it. After your description of each charm I can see why Joy is the perfect name. Enjoy this special piece and wear her for many healthy happy years.

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
Oh how I wish there was a love button not just a like button. I’ve so enjoyed watching the journey on this bracelet. Wear in good health!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So unique, and so you --- Joy truly is beautiful and lifts the heart and soul -- wear in happiness and good health!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Such a work of art! It reminds me of exquisite pieces of murano glass <3

Last edited:

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
I can see why this beautiful bracelet would give you so much JOY @mrs-b. Wear her in good health and bask in the wonderful memories that she brings.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What a fun, festive piece! Love the colors. Enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joy is just the perfect name for such a colorful and sentimental piece! What a creative way to transform your lovely charms!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful bracelet, not just visually gorgeous but so meaningful as well! Great idea to attach the charms to each other rather than separately to a bracelet, so much more practical especially for enamel charms. It's just lovely! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results