shape
carat
color
clarity

Medium Blue Floresence - Quick - ADVISE NEEDED . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lachance22

Rough_Rock
What do you know about a Med. Blue Florescense and how does it affect a diamond (positively or negatively) if the diamond as long as the diamond is not clouded?

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
lachance22,

love it, love it, love it.

My diamond is a "D" color with medium blue. Doesn''t hurt the diamond one bit - makes a cool party trick with a blacklight. If the diamond is "H" or below in color it''ll make your diamond look whiter in the sun. Fluorescence also makes the diamond less expensive (typically).

So in short, you get a cool diamond with hidden talents, whiteness beyond it''s grade and you pay less money.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
perfectly fine--a bonus at discount.

lachance22

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses from all of you. Are there any negativities at all?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
possibly two as follows:

1-you got a discount of sorts upon purchasing so if you go to sell it or trade in they will apply the same discount
2-IF the fluorescence is very strong it can affect the clarity of the crystal--oiliness, haziness etc but it is very rare and can be determined before purchasing

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The diamond will glow purple-blue in sunlight if the fluorescence is strong enough. I just bought a .30 ct F with strong blue fluorescence, and it has a quite obvious blue tint in daylight, which gets stronger in stronger sunlight. I love it! I bought it for the cool color. However, some people might not like that tint.

I don''t know whether there''s enough fluorescence in your stone to make it go purple or blue. If there is, you have to decide whether you like the effect.

lachance22

Rough_Rock
What does "Inert" mean in terms of Florescense?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I would always prefer a diamond with medium blue fluorescence. Once recently, I went diamond shopping with a friend, and we compared diamonds with and without fluorescence. All specs were equal between diamonds -- cut, color, clarity. I picked the fluorescent stones every time as my favorite. She, on the other hand, picked the stones without. The look that blue fluorescence creates does not always appeal to everyone.

DiamondLil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results