shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW May I introduce Sophia (2.03ct M-VS1 OEC)

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
This is my first truly warm stone and I was so nervous, but oh “M” gee, y’all, she’s a stunner!!! I didn’t get to open her until tonight so if anyone is interested, I’ll try to get daylight shots this weekend. (Please excuse my dry hands. I was playing in the mud today. LOL!)

DDA23633-B6E0-4CBB-A871-F3911C6B3C65.jpeg 615856B5-5A59-4EBA-83E5-98D89D1B63FF.jpeg CCCB9062-0CD1-4DF8-8064-B54EE27483B7.jpeg C7524610-24EF-490E-9C4B-F877D0B1F153.jpeg

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! And of course we are interested in daylight shots. Tell us about ‘her’.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! And of course we are interested in daylight shots. Tell us about ‘her’.

Here are the stats:
COLLECTION Vintage
ERA Art Deco
DATE circa 1930
METAL Platinum
STONE Diamond
STONE CARAT 2.03ct + 0.65ct
CLARITY VS1
CERTIFICATION GIA
DIMENSIONS 8.03mm x 8.17mm x 4.92mm
CUT Round
COLOR M

I fell in love with her style. Her shape reminds me of what I always called “cigar band” rings (which I now know is called bombe). And I have wanted one for a long time. I thought I needed my diamonds to be colorless, but I love her warmth. And she sparkles like crazy, even more than my AVC, which I didn’t think was possible.

I just took this sitting on my front porch:

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: There will be day pics, yes? Promise? I bet this stone is a sparkle bomb. I only want diamonds with real color to them, so this one is just up my alley.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
:love: There will be day pics, yes? Promise? I bet this stone is a sparkle bomb. I only want diamonds with real color to them, so this one is just up my alley.

I was soooo scared to get an M. But this thing is just beyond words. I get the appeal now, for sure. And she was more than half what I was about to pay on an H 2.5ct OEC. I’m so glad I didn’t get the other one. I’m just thrilled at getting to call her mine.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is sooo precious! I love art deco and this gorgeous fireball is right at home!!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
She is sooo precious! I love art deco and this gorgeous fireball is right at home!!
Yes! I think Art Deco is my favorite as well.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my that’s gorgeous! I love (most) Art Deco settings, and they’re so appropriate for OEC’s. I wish you and Sophia many happy years together!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her!! What a beautiful stone and the setting is just *chef’s kiss* gorgeous!! I love the presence it has on your hand!! Love!!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I love her!! What a beautiful stone and the setting is just *chef’s kiss* gorgeous!! I love the presence it has on your hand!! Love!!
Oh my! What an amazing compliment. Thank you so much! This made my morning for sure.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and the setting really works for that diamond! Enjoy every sparkle!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone - love the lacey, ivory hues.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and the setting is TDF!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She’s so beautiful..The setting is perfect for her. I would be staring at her all day!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's beautiful! These lower colored OECs are just fabulous, aren't they?!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations-she’s just lovely!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is beautiful! I love her setting!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s absolutely stunning! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about this. What a knockout!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Love the facet pattern and the setting - they make one hell of a piece together.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and the setting really works for that diamond! Enjoy every sparkle!
Thank you and I fully agree. I don’t think I could ever remove the stone from this setting. They are perfect together.
Gorgeous stone - love the lacey, ivory hues.
Thanks so much! I’m surprised at how much I’m enjoying the richness of a warmer stone.
Beautiful stone and the setting is TDF!
I appreciate that! And I agree. I love the setting too.
She’s so beautiful..The setting is perfect for her. I would be staring at her all day!
I was having withdrawals from her yesterday as I didn’t want to wear her while riding ATVs in the mud. LOL! I put her back on as soon as I could and the staring hasn’t stopped since.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
She's beautiful! These lower colored OECs are just fabulous, aren't they?!
They really are. I’m soooo glad I took the plunge. So much *FIREBALL* for the buck, too!
Congratulations-she’s just lovely!
Aww, why thank you!
She is beautiful! I love her setting!
It’s the perfect combination, I think. Definitely showcases her so well.
Thanks so much!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
She’s absolutely stunning! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Thanks, my dear!
Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about this. What a knockout!
11/10 for me too! LOL!
Gorgeous! Love the facet pattern and the setting - they make one hell of a piece together.
Yes! I think she would be beautiful as a stand alone, but the setting just really compliments her so much. I wish I new more about it. I think there’s the remnants of a makers mark but it’s hard to make out.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Just did her glamour shots. (Emojis are not working for me so insert heart eyes here. LOL!)
7EC1B0EB-03DF-4BED-9CFC-593CFAD4CE96.jpeg 16980C6D-D7EA-4C65-AC6D-875DAF8BC630.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
It’s such a beautiful diamond and setting..:kiss2:
Thanks! I’m supposed to be working, but I am too distracted by her. Hahaha!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the stats:
COLLECTION Vintage
ERA Art Deco
DATE circa 1930
METAL Platinum
STONE Diamond
STONE CARAT 2.03ct + 0.65ct
CLARITY VS1
CERTIFICATION GIA
DIMENSIONS 8.03mm x 8.17mm x 4.92mm
CUT Round
COLOR M

I fell in love with her style. Her shape reminds me of what I always called “cigar band” rings (which I now know is called bombe). And I have wanted one for a long time. I thought I needed my diamonds to be colorless, but I love her warmth. And she sparkles like crazy, even more than my AVC, which I didn’t think was possible.

I just took this sitting on my front porch:

I love how settings back in the day had so much detail. Seems like so many people today consider 6 versus 4 prongs to be a detail. Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results