shape
carat
color
clarity

matching pairs for diamond studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meredith07

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of searching for diamonds for earrings for my sister.

I wanted to know what makes a matching pair of diamonds match? Is it the proportions? The crown and pavilion percentages? The 4 c''s? The visual look of the diamond?

I understand on some levels it is a combination of all of the above. However, some of the matching pairs I have seen don''t seem to have very much in common. Not to say they look bad side-by-side, just not great.

If I wanted to find some on my own through an online vendor what should I focus on the most? Each diamond is going to be approximately 1/2 a carat.

I have seen some on James Allen''s website that I really liked, but I did not find them through the matching pairs search, just the loose diamonds search. The diamonds look pretty and the numbers seem to match up very well. Should I just stick to the matching pairs search or have a sales rep help me compare the diamonds I like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
diameter, table, crown and pavilion matching. Color off by 2 grades, clarity eye-clean.

I think when you use matching pair search, they are probably from the same vendor.

meredith07

Rough_Rock
They are all from the same vendor, James Allen. There is one diamond in particular that I loved and I want to try a match for it, so I am hoping to get more information and hopefully I will post the info so I can get some opinions on it.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are actually virtual stones that different jeweler''s hold and advertised on JA. JA do not own all the stones they put up in their database.

meredith07

Rough_Rock
I did not know that. Thank you for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results