shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching a Niessing wedding band?

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
We are recently engaged and shopping for rings. My fiancé does not want a yellow gold band, but I find all platinum sets to be very cold for my skin tone and to blend in with my jewellery collection. I was initially thinking of having a platinum ER with two rose or yellow gold pave bands to bring in some subtle warmth.

Then I discovered the Niessing alloys and I am in love! Unfortunately, none of their ER excite me as I don't like tension settings. What to do?

Does anyone know of a UK jeweller who works in similar alloys? Should I take my original idea and use two thin Neissing bands with a white gold ER?

I'd love your ideas and if anyone has a Niessing set, I'd love to see it! Cheers.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly, congratulations on your engagement! Secondly - the Niessing alloys are gorgeous! I love your idea of a white metal ering with a different coloured band or bands - the more the better and mixed metal sets are so chic imo. You could also consider unplated white gold? I don't have any examples to show you but it's a creamy sort of white colour that you may find appealing. I think I love the Niessing idea the best tho - the different colours and effects they do are ridiculous! Imagine the stack you could create :love:

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks foxinsox! Great username!

Have you seen the alloys in person? I'm trying to find somewhere in the UK that carries them as I'd really love to see the different colours against my skin. My faves are Sand Grey, Ivory and Rosewood and I think they each may pair well with unplated white gold. I have seen this and you are right about the lovely creaminess.

This is so much fun considering the possibilities! :D

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've not seen them other than an old thread being resurrected the other day reminding me and having a look through the site making me want most of them! I'd love to see what you choose in the end :appl:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 to the idea of unplated white gold - the Niessing stuff is lovely but hard to check out and expensive to buy! lol

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully we have sourced a stockist reasonably close that has the colours we like in stock, so now it's a matter of coordinating a time to look. :)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully we have sourced a stockist reasonably close that has the colours we like in stock, so now it's a matter of coordinating a time to look. :)
and taking many photos to show here?:appl:

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
So we went into London today to see the Niessing rings. The London stockist is E.C. One in Clerkenwell if anyone is looking for them.

Niessing had only supplied them with samples of part of their range, but we were able to see at least two of the colours we had considered online. Unfortunately, we were underwhelmed. The colour I was most interested in, Sand Grey is not as strong in person and you really can't tell it's much different to unplated white gold unless you have them side by side. Even then, it's not exactly what I was hoping for. (But do I even know what I am hoping for till I see it? :doh:)

I forgot to take photos, but E.C. One is doing due diligence by trying to order the other colour samples from Niessing, so we will return when they arrive and I will get a photo then.

I haven't given up yet! I'm going to keep an open mind until I see the other colours and it's definitely fun exploring all the options! :mrgreen:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks for the feedback and the dealer details! :)

Hopefully they can get something in that might be to your liking, although I'm sure the premium for the brand name will be fairly chunky... lol

I can't talk, though - out of all the options in the all materials I considered for my wedding ring, the one that called to me the strongest was a brand and about double the price of an equivalent from Etsy... LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results