shape
carat
color
clarity

Mastercut sale

fel

Shiny_Rock
So what are you folks buying? I somewhat impulsively ordered 5 stones late last night.

fel

Shiny_Rock
They are, in order, a blue spinel, chrysoberyl, alex (with cat's eye), sapphire and tourmaline.

steely_blue_spinel_1.jpg

chrysoberyl_1.jpg

alexandrite_mastercut.jpg

tunduru_unheated_sapphire_1.jpg

fel

Shiny_Rock
oops tourmaline fell off.

peach_tourmaline_2.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd been eyeing that crysoberyl for a while - glad to see it went to a PSer!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this 6mm round sapphire. No idea what I'll do with it, but it was too pretty to pass up.

36837.jpg

fel

Shiny_Rock
Really nice Distract. I was just going to get an inexpensive sapphire and the tourmaline, but then I started looking around...

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Really lovely gems, guys! :love:
I've been trying not to buy anything so I can set some things... but I'm such a sucker for a sale. I've been eyeballing this blue spinel for a few months (it's dark but I love the cut) so I finally pulled the trigger. I don't have too many rounds (I've promised myself no more ovals) so that'll be a nice change. I also don't have many blue stones - just one other but it's a lighter blue cushion (and not a spinel).

mcgbluespinel10-16.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice purchases ladies! :appl: Can't wait to see what you will do with them.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexah - nice! I looked at that one too. I think the cut looks neat.

Can someone talk me down from buying more? There are SO MANY things I want but I was trying to save money for a single larger stone. But if I buy a million little things I won't be able to. BUT on the other hand then I will have a million little things!

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
I saw several drool worthy stones I would have loved to scoop up. The prices were outstanding and there were some beautiful blue zircon's from Cambodia that I would have liked to jumped on. But alas I recently pulled the trigger on a Paraiba from Adam so I'm afraid there will be no more stone shopping for awhile. If it hadn't been for that, I would have gotten something from Dana. I was very pleased with a mahenge I got from him last year. Have fun scooping up those good deals friends :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful finds everyone! Looking forward to see these stones set.

GLbluegreen: how exciting for you! Please show your Paraiba purchase here or in the Paraiba thread.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I grabbed 2.49 peridot I have drooled months :lol:

_38483.jpg

_38484.jpg

_38485.jpg

_38486.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I bought nothing. I never find his stones attractive anyway.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1477323130|4090001 said:

That seems like maybe a kind of harsh thing to say on a thread meant to be for people to share their excitement about having bought stones from him????? If you don't like them, there's no need to chime in.

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
by OTL » 24 Oct 2016 11:32

OUCH !!!!

Share the love :love:

I hope you have a wonderful day though :wavey:

Most respectfully;

Dana Reynolds
ASG Certified
Supreme Master Gem Cutter
#96CGE42

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
OTL|1477323130|4090001 said:

Added, I never find his stones attractive in his photography. I just can't read and interpret his photo.

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
As mentioned previously, I have purchased a mahenge spinel from Dana in the last year. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived at just how much nicer it is than in the picture he posted of it. In fact every time I open my gem tray it is the first one my eye is drawn to. It sparkles and is a magnificent color. Prettiest one in my tray. Lots of love here :love:

Acinom, I will post in the Paraiba thread. I don't have it yet. I had Adam send it to AGL for me. When I get it I will post :)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I nearly bought one of the lovely spinels but the cost of international shipping (once converted to $AU) was just too expensive to justify it. ;(

Enjoying seeing everyone else's purchases though - keep em coming! :dance:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love every single stone I have bought from Dana and they have all looked better in person. I have not returned (or sold, I don't think) one!!! You can't beat the customer service either. Dana, you've got a big fan here!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of love to you Dana! I have been very happy with the gems I have purchased from you and your customer service and kindness are amazing. :appl:

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
+1 for DANA!! I'm still perusing all the sale stones, though.............. :Up_to_something:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1477261788|4089840 said:
I got this 6mm round sapphire. No idea what I'll do with it, but it was too pretty to pass up.

36837.jpg

img_3056.jpg

Got it today. It looks a little more saturated irl than shows in this picture - closer to the color of Dana's picture than mine. I always find Dana's pictures really easy to read - this stone is exactly how I thought it would look from the pictures online.

I was initially thinking I'd set this in a bezel stacking ring but now I kind of want one of those fussy rings from mydiamondzone in rose gold.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1477600563|4091303 said:

36837.jpg

img_3056.jpg

Got it today. It looks a little more saturated irl than shows in this picture - closer to the color of Dana's picture than mine. I always find Dana's pictures really easy to read - this stone is exactly how I thought it would look from the pictures online.

I was initially thinking I'd set this in a bezel stacking ring but now I kind of want one of those fussy rings from mydiamondzone in rose gold.

Looks beautiful :). I've also bought from Dana multiple times and have always been very pleased!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
distracts|1477600563|4091303 said:

36837.jpg

img_3056.jpg

Well, thumbs up for you then if it looks closer to Dana's photo. :clap:
I would think it's a light tone sky blue sapphire based on Dana's photo, and your photo shows more of a denim blue? At least to me. See this is exactly how I can't imagine the look of a stone from his photo.

fel

Shiny_Rock
Looks lovely Distracts. You are lucky you received your gem right away. Still waiting...

Fel

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
fel|1477802390|4091948 said:
Looks lovely Distracts. You are lucky you received your gem right away. Still waiting...

Fel

Same here. Mine isn't even shipped yet and peridot has long trip to made to Finland :lol: . Hardly can wait!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went back today and ordered two more, a topaz pair and one of the nephrite jade cabochons.

27830.jpg

36572.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I picked up this Dana-cut tourmaline to take a look at in person:
image_1210.jpg

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Ai! So I've only recently joined all of you here and I've discovered being here is dangerous (to my wallet!). I headed over to mastergems to check out the sale and am seriously considering picking up a blue zircon for a ring. I'm not nearly as well versed as everyone else here is about choosing a stone and I need a little help. Here are the zircons I'm considering :

The first I like because it's an old cusion cut:
https://www.mastercutgems.com/Products-265-Topaz_and_Zircon/8371-DANA-ZIRCON_-_Cambodia_Natural_4_42_ct-Gem.php?FromPage=1

This one I like because it's an interesting color :
https://www.mastercutgems.com/Products-265-Topaz_and_Zircon/8906-Cambodia_Natural_Zircon_Blue_Green_5_28_carat-GemMedia.php?FromPage=1&ProductMediaID=35959

And this I like because it looks like it has a lot of sparkle but I don't love the color as much because it seems close to a large topaz I have. :

https://www.mastercutgems.com/Products-265-Topaz_and_Zircon/8871-Cambodia_Natural_Zircon_5_11_ct-Gem.php?FromPage=1

Help me pick please?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results