shape
carat
color
clarity

Martini or 3 prong earring settings, cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a couple of pretty 5 mm garnets... orangey red and I want to set them in some martini settings, but I don''t know where to get them inexpensively. 14K WG preferred. Any suggestions? I''d also like the seller to set them for me if at all possible. I''d just like to send them my stones and have them set them. Or something. Should I just go local? Local seems to be a rip off most of the time.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Stuller makes 3 prong earring settings. I think most jewelers can and do order from them.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/28/2009 6:50:58 AM
Author: Kismet
Stuller makes 3 prong earring settings. I think most jewelers can and do order from them.
Yup! Wink can do that for you too but with the shipping and all, it might be best to just stick with a local guy with the Stuller setting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
40 bucks for the Stuller settings (YAY), 40 bucks to get the stones locally. We'll see what Wink and ERD come up with. I've also asked Lan.bo4 to see what he has in a cheap halo setting for 5 mm stones, and as he sets the stones for free. It might be worth my time to see what he's got. Doesn't hurt, right?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/28/2009 2:27:46 PM
Author: Gypsy
40 bucks for the Stuller settings (YAY), 40 bucks to get the stones locally. We''ll see what Wink and ERD come up with. I''ve also asked Lan.bo4 to see what he has in a cheap halo setting for 5 mm stones, and as he sets the stones for free. It might be worth my time to see what he''s got. Doesn''t hurt, right?
You already have the stones, so you''re saying the local jeweler is charging you $40 for the Stuller settings and then another $40 to set the stones??

My local jeweler charged me a flat fee -- but I wonder if it was the setting cost from Stuller plus $ to make up for his time setting. That was a single stone into a ring. Hmm maybe next week I''ll ask about the cost of those settings you asked about.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they misqouted me too. I think it's 40 EACH earring, then 40 for the setting fee. Everywhere I've asked and called they've qouted me 120 bucks to get the things set, so I'm not doing it anytime soon. Just sounds way to high to me.

Let me know what your jeweler says!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, it sounds reasonable for my area ($40 each earring and $40 setting fee) because that usually includes the polishing of the setting. I''ve heard of some places charging $100 to $150 just to set the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results