shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blr66666

Rough_Rock
My friend has a Marquise cut diamond, I think around .5 ct. It was her engagement ring and she is no longer married to the guy. She wants to reset it, but she hasn''t found anything. I was hoping that someone on PS can help her with some suggestions. She likes things that are old/antique. Thanks.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
If the marquise was set north-south (the more traditional up and down setting) in the original e-ring, I''d be inclined to set it east-west for a new ring... making it as different from the old one as possible! There are several examples on here of marquises set in that way... I''m sure somebody has them available to post! Maybe add a halo to make it look a bit bigger and again, a little different and less engagement-ring-ish?

Or if she still prefers to set it north-south, maybe add some colored stones on the side (pears look nice with marquises... maybe sapphires or rubies, or a birthstone) to make it a little bit unique and less e-ring-like.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are two ideas that I have saved on my computer.

This is a pendant shaped like a mq stone, but I could see replacing the center square in the design with an actual mq cut stone. It would have to be custom done, I don''t recall where I found this. I love it! Love the vintage look...just scrumptious.

vintagemqpend012.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a ring from Fay Cullen that doesn''t look engagement-ish at all. Love the general design.

fcmqblue.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results