shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise/Moval Search

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I'm on the hunt for a vintage marquise or moval ring. I know some of you are masters at finding amazing stones, and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions. In an ideal world, I'm looking for 1.5ct, G+ color, VS2+ clarity, and under 17K for the entire ring.

Here are two I'm considering:

i-62wp9jc-O.jpg
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-48ct-vintage-marquise-cut-diamond-ring
The inclusions plot on this one looks a bit scary. But I don't really understand what I'm looking at.

victor-barbone-jewelry-106847010825_1024x1024.jpg
https://www.victorbarbone.com/colle...s/products/marquise-engagement-ring-baguettes
This setting is stunning! The diamond itself, though, does not wow me with the cut. I prefer a moval with a noticeable culet. I wouldn't kick this out of bed, though.

I first was introduced with the antique marquise six months ago and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. They are not super common and I'm struggling to find The One. I appreciate any help.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be crazy, but I love the moval from JbG! I don't think the inclusion plot looks too scary. With naked eye I really don't see any issues. I think it's super pretty!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
I saw someone try on the JbG ring at the pop up last weekend, and it was BEAUTIFUL! And I'm not a marquise girl.... She was pulling out some nicely-sized loose marquises too, which you may check out/inquire about.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I might be crazy, but I love the moval from JbG! I don't think the inclusion plot looks too scary. With naked eye I really don't see any issues. I think it's super pretty!

You're not crazy. You have excellent taste! Those chunky facets are so mesmerizing. I thought cavities and multiple feathers close to each other and naturals might pose durability issues. I defer to the diamond experts.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I saw someone try on the JbG ring at the pop up last weekend, and it was BEAUTIFUL! And I'm not a marquise girl.... She was pulling out some nicely-sized loose marquises too, which you may check out/inquire about.

It really helps to hear from someone who has seen it in person. I'll check out her loose stones.

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
It really helps to hear from someone who has seen it in person. I'll check out her loose stones.

To be fair, I didn't get a close-up look at the stone (:(2), but from about a foot away the ring was stunning.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your style! Both of those are gorgeous. I love the marquise and I decided that white white white is for me! So I feel ya. Whatever you find will be gorgeous.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might know of one you would like. Are you on LT? I would like to email you to avoid poachers :)

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I might know of one you would like. Are you on LT? I would like to email you to avoid poachers :)

Is LT loupe troop? Yes, I have an account there, although I've never used it for anything.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is LT loupe troop? Yes, I have an account there, although I've never used it for anything.

I can email you if you want. How can I find you on LT? You might be able to find me by searching “pearaffair”.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F8659A3A-C4F1-4A04-A06F-5A46639F9704.jpeg Ivy and Rose have this one, my goodness, it’s glorious.
G colour, look at that setting. Talk about finger coverage!
There’s another ring too, longer and slimmer but an I colour.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I can email you if you want. How can I find you on LT? You might be able to find me by searching “pearaffair”.

I just sent an email to someone I very much hope is you!

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
F8659A3A-C4F1-4A04-A06F-5A46639F9704.jpeg Ivy and Rose have this one, my goodness, it’s glorious.
G colour, look at that setting. Talk about finger coverage!
There’s another ring too, longer and slimmer but an I colour.

Beautiful! I love Ivy and Rose. Way too much bling for me, though. I don't have enough finger real estate.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t like the ivy and rose one that’s not an antique marquise

As for the victor barebone. I almost bought that ring for 4k on eBay. I just can not justify saying pay his price for it lol. (I’ll be forever salty about that ring)

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn’t like the ivy and rose one that’s not an antique marquise

As for the victor barebone. I almost bought that ring for 4k on eBay. I just can not justify saying pay his price for it lol. (I’ll be forever salty about that ring)

Oh gosh, I'd be salty too! I hate the feeling of missing out on good deals. Victor Barbone does have high prices, but honestly all the vintage resellers do now. The old cuts have gotten so popular.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, I'd be salty too! I hate the feeling of missing out on good deals. Victor Barbone does have high prices, but honestly all the vintage resellers do now. The old cuts have gotten so popular.
Oh I didn’t miss it so much as sooomeone didn’t want me to buy it. :angryfire:

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Did you decide?

I actually met with Grace from JbYG earlier this year and tried on the moval you linked to, I can dig up pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results