shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Turnowski ERD Experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Not sure if this is the best sub-forum to post this review, if not, please re-locate it...THANKS :)

Hi folks, I’ve been mostly a reader....lurking the forum trying to grasp a fraction of the wealth of knowledge available here prior to my purchase. I am very grateful for this site…...I just wanted to quickly pass along my experience and add it to the record so future researchers can utilize the review when looking to buy from Mark at Engagement Rings Direct ERD or if anyone is looking for a sensational jeweler in New York City.

I’m not the most eloquent writer, so I’ll get right to the point :). As their reputation preceded them, I was confident enough in my decision to go directly to Mark at ERD without even shopping around (well, technically by reading the countless reviews about other jewelers in my area on the forum, that would be considered shopping around...anywho, I meant not physically “shopping around” :)). After reading what others said of quality of the Mark and Theodore’s custom work, along with their character and professionalism, I knew they would be up to the challenge. Mark presented in his office 5 similar stones and took his time with my mother and I (yeah, I needed a lady's opinion too:) in analyzing the differences until the winner finally shined out from the group. I then discussed and showed Mark and Theodore all of the VERY specific personal details of a custom ring that I wanted to create that was inspired from a base design similar to many of Jack Kelege’s rings.

I could not have made a wiser decision, as I truly feel that very few jewelers and designers would have the patience to have work so closely with the buyer to create such a specific ring. They were able to incorporate all of the sentimental specifications I was looking for while adding some finishing touches that were also highly approved. Mark and Theodore were beyond patient and courteous… in the process I feel that I have made two new friends in the jewelry world.

They are the ultimate experts at what they do. Even when it came down to matters no one really likes to discuss...money. Mark was honest about a small error and miscalculation and quickly defused a minor stressful situation in a professional and delicate manner.
As hectic as it can be to create an intricate custom design, I give them my utmost recommendation and sincerest approval if anyone else is looking to create a unique design or just looking to purchase a diamond. Please leave yourself enough time! Be aware that the process can take longer than anticipated; in my case it was because of the adjustments in renderings, the holidays, flu season, spam folder sensitivity, etc. Bottom line, I basically discussed with Mark what I was looking for and what I could afford to spend...they were able to fulfill my request and supersede my expectations in creating the ring I had envisioned with the narrow budget I had to work with....Price and quality wise...he made it happen!
36.gif

My fiancé and I will definitely be returning to the dynamic duo for our future purchases...wedding bands, earrings, etc. ...and have already referred them to my friends who are about to initiate the “ring process”. Please pm if anyone has any questions or would like more information on working with engagementringsdirect or Stefano Designs, I will happily answer anything I can.

Enjoy the journey!

All the best to all of you future shoppers.... John :)
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you John for taking the time to post of your excellent experience with ERD!! I will make sure this gets moved into our testimonials section so it will be of help to other shoppers in the future.

We would love to see pics of the finished product when you are able please
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 7:43:53 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thank you John for taking the time to post of your excellent experience with ERD!! I will make sure this gets moved into our testimonials section so it will be of help to other shoppers in the future.

35.gif
Yes, it''s practically against the rules to write a review and not post pics.
11.gif
2.gif

Great write up!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 8:06:15 AM
Author: Ellen

35.gif
Yes, it's practically against the rules to write a review and not post pics.
11.gif
2.gif

Great write up!
YISS!! And Miss Ellen is very partial to fire shots by the way John......
face20.gif
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:07:12 AM

Date: 2/4/2009 8:06:15 AM
Author: Ellen

35.gif
Yes, it''s practically against the rules to write a review and not post pics.
11.gif
2.gif

Great write up!
YISS!! And Miss Ellen is very partial to fire shots by the way John......
face20.gif
11.gif
bat%20eyes3.gif

Sorry about that, I thought it uploaded

33.gif

I''ll attach more later tonight....Thanks ;-)

33 Feb. 01 13.53.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, whoohooo! We definitely need to see more of that! Great job!

May I suggest you start a thread on it in the Show Me The Ring section? It will get lots more views there.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZA!!! Its gorgeous and double ditto a thread of its very own is needed!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is beautiful...and what about the stats on this gorgeous ring??? We love details!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and great review!!! Congrats!

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your purchase, John.

That is a beautiful ring!

I’m glad that everything went well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results