shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
http://www.mwmjewelry.com/Old-New-comp-1s.jpg

No idea how to post the beautiful pix of this Mark Morrell ring. It''s the one under recent work with the bezel set marquis'' on the sides that would look really nice on me!
love.gif
I love the old/new look. From what I''ve read, Mark Morrell seems to be "the guy" for custom made jewelry, but he also looks like he''s pretty busy and a little out of our price range - no more than $3-4,000. We would like to get in touch w/ him, but since he''s booked through August, I''m wondering if anyone knows the price range for such a ring, or if he''ll even make it again. I''m thinking .75-.99 for the center stone, S1, G-I, with the best cut possible, because from what I understand, cut really does matter! Fortunately, he''s located closeby, but I''d like to know if he''s out of our league before I drool over this beauty any longer. Also, does he sell the diamonds or does he have you bring them to him? How long does this process take?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why don't you give him a call and ask! There are a few people who have had custom work done by Mark and it sounds as though he is actually not that expensive (well compared to some other designer rings!). So you might be in luck. I'd ring him and ask--even though he is booked for a while, get the data straight from the horse's mouth!
1.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI,
I actually contacted Mark about making me a ring. He is booked until he comes back from vacation on August 24th. I thought his price was very reasonable. Only a little bit more than what a Vatche Royal crown would cost me.
I myself am undecided between what style I want. I love six prongs in a simple Tiffany style ring, but I found a picture of a four prong ring he made for Blackpearl that I absolutely love, as well. Just don't like the 4 prongs.
He did make me a cool CAD design showing what Blackpearl's ring would look like with eight prongs. Very beautiful, actually.
I am really impressed with the work that I have seen from other posters. I think that with your budget, you can definitely get a Mark Morrell original. Why settle for something else? Even if it does take you a little longer to get it, at least you will get exactly what you want. I believe it is well worth the wait!!!
Oh, I am pretty sure you have to supply him with the diamonds.
And he is also very nice to speak to on the phone!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Blackpearl's ring

bla.jpg

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Mara - Mark Morrell says on his web page that he could take quite a while to get back to potential customers. Besides my b/f thinks I'm going a little over the top w/ my part in the engagement process. He knows what kind of rings I like as he's taken me shopping quite a few times over the past several months. He wants to take care of it from this point on and surprise me one of these days. So, I feel that my making the call is taking his part away from him; I'm sure many women on here can (or could) relate. Pricescope gets addicting, especially those last few sloooooww months w/ a bare ring finger!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
His work is beautiful. That ring with the marquises around the band and Buttercup's ring are amazing.

chas

Rough_Rock
The wait is definitely worth it!!!!! I could not be happier with my "Mark Morrell". In fact my friend Mark is working on a second one for me now!

Chas

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Chas - Do you think that he could do it with the specs I listed above? (75-.99 for the center stone, S1, G-I, with the best cut possible for around $3500. I don't want to send my FH somewhere that's way out of our price range. We want $$ for a Hawaiian Honeymoon!! The price I gave you would include the stone. Does he only work in platinum or does he do white gold as well?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Antique---are you talking about getting an older cut stone? If so, you may be okay with budget as they are cheaper, but with a modern round brilliant, you will be lucky to find a well-cut .75c G SI1 for around $3000. It's more likely to get a .75c H SI1 for that price if you are focusing on a well-cut stone. That doesn't leave much for a setting. Vatche settings (referred to below) are around $1000 (depending on the setting) so if Mark is slightly more expensive, that means probably over $1k for a custom job and more depending on side stones etc.

Again, I think you should call. I understand what you are saying about not wanting to get too involved but you ARE involved. If you are going to stress about it if you don't find out more info, then its not doing you or your future fiance any good. TRUST ME!
1.gif
I was the same way and I HAD to see things through to the end. Once you get involved, its hard to back away...so just go the extra mile and call Mark to find out for sure.

Regardless of what the site says about getting back to customers, on the phone you can be more persistent.

2.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/10/2003 5:24:21 PM antiquediamond wrote:

Chas - Do you think that he could do it with the specs I listed above? (75-.99 for the center stone, S1, G-I, with the best cut possible for around $3500. I don't want to send my FH somewhere that's way out of our price range. We want $$ for a Hawaiian Honeymoon!! The price I gave you would include the stone. Does he only work in platinum or does he do white gold as well?
----------------
He does do White Gold, and quite reasonably. I was quoted a price for both for my ring. We went Platinum, but I think someday I want another ring from him in white gold.

But I don't think he is much into selling diamonds. I could be wrong, but I think he mostly just designs jewelry. I think you'd do better by buying the diamond from one of the Pricescope vendors and then having him make a ring for it.
1.gif

I LOVE my ring. I would denfinately contact him. Although he is busy, he always answered my emails within a day.

Good Luck!!

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mara - You know where I'm coming from! I'd love an old stone, if we can find one. And I e-mailed Mark (we're on a first-name basis now) with my info and we'll see where that gets us. He sells his rings locally, so we're going to check them out soon. I'm guessing they'll be more $$ there, wouldn't you think? Regarding buying an old stone online, it's a big concern of ours that they may not be what they say they are. Who do you trust? Thanks so much for all your responses...I see your planning your wedding in Hawaii. Same here, but just for the honeymoon, cannot wait! Aloha!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out www.diamondwholesale.cc.

They sell tons of old stones...and they are an arm of WhiteFlash which has a great reputation on here. Work with Denise, she is great. They have a very effective search tool on that site, and their prices are very reasonable. If you love old stones, you love their imperfections too and/or their unique look. Plus you save $$$ over a modern round brilliant.

We are visiting Hawaii in September to check things out for the wedding. We have never been (either of us!) and are VERY EXCITED!
1.gif

chas

Rough_Rock
Hi antiquediamond,

Good, contacting Mark direct is always best! You would probably do better to have your diamond(s) prior to having the setting made as you probably can do better on price for what you are looking for but, I am sure that he can source stones as well.

Mark works in both platinum AND white gold. This can also help you in the area of keeping the setting closer to your budget. Mark's white gold is totally awesome as well. Have no fear in this part of the process as this is the painless part of it when you are having Mark Morrell work his magic for you. He will work with you and and give it his all to see that you are getting the best!

Tell Mark that his buddy Chas "Sir Charles" says hello when you talk to him or in your next e-mail.

If you have any questions about using Mark's services along the way I will do my best to answer them for you.

Good Luck and I Hope That You To Will Have A Piece of That Mark Morrell Magic!

Chas

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much to all of you for your help - Mark emailed me back (very kind and humble guy) We're going to make an appointment, best part is, he's only 20 miles away!! I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results