shape
carat
color
clarity

many small chrysoberyls - ideas please!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
so I've realized that I'm not quite one for small stones - but I have so many because of their cutting, life and colour (and low price tags!)

I've got a set of 10 small rounds (3-3.5mm if I recall correctly) and 2 pears that I want to put together. I think a scattered stone design will make it more expensive but I haven't seen a really nice design I like! would you please recommend some appropriate designs?

I find chrysoberyls very difficult to photograph, so this photo doesn't reflect their fire or like green colour, but just to give you a sense of scale:

dsc00645.jpg

Hey,
I can't find the pictures now, but I have seen a pendant in the shape of a shield with several small gems like 'thrown-in' or sprinkled over the surface. With yellow or green gems that would look good in a deep yellow gold, perhaps 22k if you have the funds?
I realize you didn't say you want a pendant, but I assumed.
The one I saw even had gems with a few different colors, like a small garnet or rubellite or such. It really looked cool.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting challenge :)

Are they close enough in color that they could sit next to one another? I wonder if they could make a fat halo around a center marquois (maybe blue or green?). Put the pears with points facing out at N/S, and fill in the sides with the rounds.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my ring design inspiration for my collection of mis-match round stones such as grey Spinels and pink/red stones:

446900pdcn-boodles-raindance-v_a-ring_1_3.jpg

DK :))

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a bracelet or by-the-yard style necklace? Or a pair of chandelier earring drops (rounds with the pears on the bottom)?
The combined stackers ring would also be nice, as dk suggested. :)

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
thank you all! I am thinking more about a ring than anything else..

recalled TL's FCD beauty (below) recently but have no idea if mine would look as nice given the shapes are smaller and more uniform.

is there a technical name for scattered stone designs? I don't feel like I'm searching very effectively!

tlfcdsparkle4.jpg

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that "Raindance" series, that dk168 posted, especially with coloured stones. I think the Chrysoberyls would look great with a couple of contrasting coloured stones mixed in. Although you probably don't want to buy anymore little stones!
I hope you find exactly what 'tickles your fancy' sonyachancs :)

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I would contemplate making earrings. I keep thinking it would be cool to make something fluid, kind of like the style below.

_38205.jpg

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.