shape
carat
color
clarity

many small chrysoberyls - ideas please!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
so I've realized that I'm not quite one for small stones - but I have so many because of their cutting, life and colour (and low price tags!)

I've got a set of 10 small rounds (3-3.5mm if I recall correctly) and 2 pears that I want to put together. I think a scattered stone design will make it more expensive but I haven't seen a really nice design I like! would you please recommend some appropriate designs?

I find chrysoberyls very difficult to photograph, so this photo doesn't reflect their fire or like green colour, but just to give you a sense of scale:

dsc00645.jpg

Hey,
I can't find the pictures now, but I have seen a pendant in the shape of a shield with several small gems like 'thrown-in' or sprinkled over the surface. With yellow or green gems that would look good in a deep yellow gold, perhaps 22k if you have the funds?
I realize you didn't say you want a pendant, but I assumed.
The one I saw even had gems with a few different colors, like a small garnet or rubellite or such. It really looked cool.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting challenge :)

Are they close enough in color that they could sit next to one another? I wonder if they could make a fat halo around a center marquois (maybe blue or green?). Put the pears with points facing out at N/S, and fill in the sides with the rounds.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my ring design inspiration for my collection of mis-match round stones such as grey Spinels and pink/red stones:

446900pdcn-boodles-raindance-v_a-ring_1_3.jpg

DK :))

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a bracelet or by-the-yard style necklace? Or a pair of chandelier earring drops (rounds with the pears on the bottom)?
The combined stackers ring would also be nice, as dk suggested. :)

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
thank you all! I am thinking more about a ring than anything else..

recalled TL's FCD beauty (below) recently but have no idea if mine would look as nice given the shapes are smaller and more uniform.

is there a technical name for scattered stone designs? I don't feel like I'm searching very effectively!

tlfcdsparkle4.jpg

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that "Raindance" series, that dk168 posted, especially with coloured stones. I think the Chrysoberyls would look great with a couple of contrasting coloured stones mixed in. Although you probably don't want to buy anymore little stones!
I hope you find exactly what 'tickles your fancy' sonyachancs :)

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I would contemplate making earrings. I keep thinking it would be cool to make something fluid, kind of like the style below.

_38205.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results