shape
carat
color
clarity

Making your own wedding bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
That's so awesome!

The site says that they won't let you mess up. Something nice about making your spouse's ring yourself.

Doesn't look that hard. I bet I could do it with my own pliers and the gas burner on the stove!
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I live in San Diego, so I think I may drag my fiancé there just to check the place out. I really want a 5-stone ring so I don't think it's the place for me, but it still might be fun to make another ring!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I would have to haul us to DC to make one. I thought this would be really cool for our "engagement ceremony", which in his culture has to happen before the wedding, in all it's official splendor, so I asked if i was getting another e-ring. Shot down. But maybe these do-it-yourself rings will be significant and we can have some sort of memory all in one...

Although I am still worried about his craftsmanship...He's great in his job, but jeweler is not it!
errrr.gif
9.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa. I was looking for a reason to travel abroad again. We've gone to Italy for cooking classes, so why not London or Edinburgh for ring making?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Isn't this a great idea? I wonder how much it costs though, and how much of the process you actually do yourself. One of the best things though is you can decide on the spot whether it's a good fit, whether you want it a little thinner, etc. I'll post more info as soon as I get it (such as cost)!

JayBird

Rough_Rock
The prices are on the website...

Today's Prices:
At today's market rate, you can make BOTH rings of:

18K Yellow Gold $990
18K White Gold $1,090
.950 Platinum $1,850

Regardless of changes in precious metal costs between today and the date when you actually come in and make your rings, we will honor these prices if we receive your appointment and 10% deposit within the next 24 hours.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I'm interested in a ring with diamonds, so am curious as to the cost (and ability) to make such a band. Thanks for the general pricing though!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
What an awsome idea. If I weren't already married (had our 18th anniversary on Monday), it would definitely be something we would enjoy.
21.gif

DiamondLil

aliciamt7

Rough_Rock
I just called them, and the man was very very nice and answered all of my questions! This is a wonderful idea! I am very excited, I spoke with my fiance about it and we may go to the one in DC to do ringmaking!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Glad you like it
1.gif
Let us know if you go through with it!!!

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 4:31:05 PM researcher wrote:

I live in San Diego, so I think I may drag my fiancé there just to check the place out. I really want a 5-stone ring so I don't think it's the place for me, but it still might be fun to make another ring!----------------

It's simple. You make each other's rings, then the stones are set for you! Also, there's an Open House on Thursday, August 5 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. A little wine and cheese and a couple of demos of the actual making process.
You are requested to RSVP.
love.gif

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 4:20:52 PM researcher wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of this? What a neat idea! My only fear is the final quality of the ring--what if it comes out crooked?!?!

http://www.weddingringworkshop.com/----------------

Like the website says in answer to the question "What if we mess up?" WE WON'T LET YOU. You're guaranteed to leave with rings that look professionally-finished.

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 5:07:22 PM Nicrez wrote:

I would have to haul us to DC to make one. I thought this would be really cool for our 'engagement ceremony', which in his culture has to happen before the wedding, in all it's official splendor, so I asked if i was getting another e-ring. Shot down. But maybe these do-it-yourself rings will be significant and we can have some sort of memory all in one...

Although I am still worried about his craftsmanship...He's great in his job, but jeweler is not it!
errrr.gif
9.gif

----------------

As the website says in answer to the question "What happens if we mess up?" WE WON'T LET YOU (and that goes for ham-fisted him, too!) GO FOR IT, it's fun and romantic all in one.
love.gif

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 5:13:28 PM Matata wrote:

Whoa. I was looking for a reason to travel abroad again. We've gone to Italy for cooking classes, so why not London or Edinburgh for ring making?----------------

It's because so many American couples were travelling to London to make each others' rings that the 2 US Wedding Ring Workshops were started. But, enjoy the trip!
love.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Glad to see you joined PS, [email protected]! Very inventive idea! And thanks for the info on the open house--I'll let my better half know!

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 5:17:49 PM researcher wrote:

Isn't this a great idea? I wonder how much it costs though, and how much of the process you actually do yourself. One of the best things though is you can decide on the spot whether it's a good fit, whether you want it a little thinner, etc. I'll post more info as soon as I get it (such as cost)!----------------

Hey, it's simple! No secrets. The cost is shown on the website. Because precious metal fluctuates in price, the one shown is the one you pay if you book within 48 hours, regardless of how long after that you actually enjoy the Wedding Ring Experience.
love.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
This is a really kewl idea!! I firmly believe they need a workshop in the center of the United States. Say,.......... Kansas City!!
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering about 5-stone wedding bands (about 1/4 ct/stone). Do you supply the diamonds or do we bring them?

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 5:29:40 PM researcher wrote:

I'm interested in a ring with diamonds, so am curious as to the cost (and ability) to make such a band. Thanks for the general pricing though!----------------

You make each others rings, then the stones are set for you. Cost depends on the diamonds - how many? size? clarity? You can get a quote by submitting your design (e-mail is good) or visiting and discussing (by appointment and without commitment) beforehand.
love.gif

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 6:08:15 PM diamondlil wrote:

What an awsome idea. If I weren't already married (had our 18th anniversary on Monday), it would definitely be something we would enjoy.
21.gif

DiamondLil
----------------

You wouldn't be the first "old married couple" to make each other's anniversary rings with much love.

love.gif

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 9:05:24 PM researcher wrote:

I was wondering about 5-stone wedding bands (about 1/4 ct/stone). Do you supply the diamonds or do we bring them?----------------

Don't want to abuse the hospitality offerd by these nice Pricescope people.. Please e-mail me to [email protected] and I'll be happy to respond.
love.gif

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 9:04:25 PM pqcollectibles wrote:

This is a really kewl idea!! I firmly believe they need a workshop in the center of the United States. Say,.......... Kansas City!!
1.gif
----------------

If you know and can recommend a competent, deserving jeweler with his/her own workshop (a retail store won't cut it), you can have a Wedding Ring Workshop in the center of the United States!
love.gif

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
That looks like a great idea! Sometimes I have people drive in from out of town to watch their rings being made at my place or to hand deliver their hard earned diamond. It is really a huge deal to nearly all of them seeing their own ring start from a chunk of raw billet and see all the steps it goes through to final product. They really get a kick out of it. I imagine the thrill would be even better to have them make it themselves with expert supervision. Very neat idea.
appl.gif

aliciamt7

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 6:53:38 PM researcher wrote:

Glad you like it
1.gif
Let us know if you go through with it!!!----------------

I definitely will let everyone know! My fiance has a few questions as well so he'll be calling to ask more info. It's exciting--he loves the idea! I think I spoke with Lewis (who is now a PS member!) and he was extremely helpful with the questions and very very nice! I'll let you all know!

9.gif

Alicia

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Researcher,

Thanks so much for sharing that website with us! This is the perfect activity for any of us who have wondered what it's like to be a jeweller. I'm suddenly wishing that I lived in California.

Too cool!

Daniela

researcher

Ideal_Rock
No problem, Daniela! Did you see on the website they have shops in Washington DC, London, and Edinburg? Should be interesting to see how much you actually participate in the process!

Oh, and you're just now wishing you lived in California? It's so beautiful here I haven't been able to live anywhere else for more than a few months!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results