shape
carat
color
clarity

Making progress on planning!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I last posted, we have gotten a lot of stuff done! Thank you for your comments - it was a little much for me to reply, but they really helped me get in gear. *hugs*

We chose a location, an old art deco theater. It's not the most beautiful place or the fanciest place, but it's perfect, and it is so us. It's in the neighborhood I grew up in and I've been driving past it my whole life. I always thought it was cool but I never imagined I'd get married there! (Well, especially not since it was abandoned much of that time.) And we picked a date! And the theater, which serves as a musical venue on weekends, has a bar and bartenders, so that is taken care of, and they have a caterer they often work with whom my fiance approves heartily of, so we have a caterer too (though we have yet to do the hard part of making a menu and choosing signature cocktails and mocktails).

We also chose a photographer! My fiance had mentioned once that he liked the photographer who shot his best friend's wedding. When we were over at their house I took a look at their wedding album and every single photo was amazing, and just the style I'd been wanting but could never find. So in one day I went from being totally exasperated about having to pick a photographer to elated. My fiance is really into photography and really likes this guy's style too, so that's excellent.
http://www.billmcculloughphotography.com/

I may have picked out a dress. I need to go one or two more places to look, and then I'll need to try it on again, but I really liked it and did the sterotypical blushing/grinning/crying when I tried it on, which I NEVER thought I would do over a stupid dress! It's not even what I thought I wanted! But it's beautiful! I may post a picture, even though the one I have isn't very good.

We have JUST TODAY chosen our invites and save-the-dates:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/61460276/art-decovintage-glam-wedding-invitations?ga_search_query=save%2Bthe%2Bdate
http://www.etsy.com/listing/70218046/diy-wedding-art-decovintage-glam-save

So I messaged the Etsy seller about the save-the-dates and hope to hear back from her within the next several days. We looked through what felt like thousands of invitations, and that suite was the only one that elicited a "hey, that's cool!" reaction from my fiance. He's just not into the paper goods.

So now I am sprucing up the wedding website, since we'll include the URL on the save-the-date, and we're working on our guest list, and aaaah omg it's real.

Short list of things I need to accomplish ASAP:

1. Find shoes! Apparently I can't order my dress until I have my shoes or they won't know how long to make it. Ballroom dancing shoes have been recommended to me due to their superior cushioning, but I am finding it hard to get over their superior ugliness.

2. Set a date for engagement portraits! We have to travel to another city for them, so I need to figure it out soonish.

3. Find a wedding planner! We need day-of coordination and, importantly, decorating help. It's very overwhelming to think about.

Anyway, hi. What's up.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So glad to hear you're making progress and moving right along with things! :) When is your big day?

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I love those invitations! Glad to hear you're making progress. I went through a phase where I had no desire to plan, but now that I am out of it, all I can think about is planning, planning planning! I think I went too far in the other direction! I hope you're staying sane and having fun.

Echoing StacylikesSparkles, when is the big day? I think I still have you listed as ??/??/?? on the BIW list. Would you like me to update it?

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
blacksand|1345484032|3254420 said:
Oooh, I love those invitations! Glad to hear you're making progress. I went through a phase where I had no desire to plan, but now that I am out of it, all I can think about is planning, planning planning! I think I went too far in the other direction! I hope you're staying sane and having fun.

I went form zero initiative to plan, to planning taking over my life. Is this how is is for every bride? lol

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StacylikesSparkles|1345481838|3254406 said:
So glad to hear you're making progress and moving right along with things! :) When is your big day?

4/20... which we chose without thinking AT ALL about the, uh, counterculture meanings of the day. Ooops.

And yes, Blacksand, you can totally update the list!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you are well on your way!

For shoes- if you just want a cheap pair of cushiony ballroom shoes (let me try to remember those days)....look at appledanceshoes or something like that. There's plenty of open toe latin shoes that will fit the bill for wearing for an evening, and the will be under $75, I think. There should be some in silver, white or nude to choose from. I can make a recommendation on style 6023 and C1657. I had them both once a long time ago, before Argentine Tango, and remember them being pretty comfortable. Good luck!

Are you in Texas then? I noticed the photographer was in Austin.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results