shape
carat
color
clarity

makeup..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone here used Bare Escentuals? Is it worth the $$$? I am thinking about the 60.00 starter kit but it IS a lot of money. Maybe I will just get the foundation (25.00)?

I like their eye color too but that''s 32.00 for a set of three browns...

I have tried it twice and been amazed by how well it stays on and covers my red spots (the tip of my nose gets bright red randomly)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can''t say enough good things about this make up. i highly recommend it. the starter kit is a great deal because you get 2colors of foundation, the mineral veil, the all over face color, a full size bottle of skin booster AND the brushes. (i hope i remembered everything!)
even if you don''t use every single product in the starter kit, it is a great deal because the brushes cost at least $25 each and you get three in the kit (foundation, concealer and kabuki).

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Do you know what the other things do? (the mineral veil and the all over color) That''s what I was mostly confused about. The brushes and the foundation are great deals though.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 1:58:23 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
Do you know what the other things do? (the mineral veil and the all over color) That''s what I was mostly confused about. The brushes and the foundation are great deals though.
the mineral veil ''sets'' the makeup. when i was first considering the line i specifically asked the sephora rep if i could go without it and she assured me it was the most important part. of course, after using it all this time, i know it to be true!
the all over color just helps give a ''natural glow''. i found the color in the kit to be waaaaaay too dark and ended up getting another called ''clear radiance''. it is the lightest of the all over face colors and i use it for a little extra depth.
most of the products (and how to use them) are explained in the cd that comes with the kit.
there are several threads on ps about bare minerals as well that you can search.
here''s one:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bare-escentuals-makeup-users-please-read.40287/=

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
*facepalms*

sorry, I didn''t think to do a search! You''d think I would learn...
19.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s okay. i hope you find the answers you are looking for. if you have any other questions, feel free to ask! i''m a believer.
19.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
QVC often has special packages of eyeshadow/blush/lip colors that you can''t find anywhere else, and they''re are usually a good value. I find that buying that way saves me some cash and the colors work together instead of me standing in Ulta, staring at all the little pots wondering which would go with which.

I love the makeup, but sometimes I find it sits in lines, like around my eyes, more than I want it to. I may have too heavy a hand with it, but sometimes it looks a little cakey. And it''s horribly messy in the bathroom... poweder EVERYWHERE. But I still love it.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I use Everyday Minerals which is similar to Bare Escenctuals but is cheaper. I really like how the Everyday minerals looks on my face, and I usually hate how I look with makeup. I haven''t tried Bare Escentuals, but like you, I thought it was a bit pricy. Everyday Minerals will also send you free samples. The website is everydayminerals.com.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
does anyone want to post some before and afters? please
emstar.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I love using BE stuff. My mom bought me the BE makeup in January as a gift after I had a Sephora consultant use it on me and we both loved how it looked. The price is well worth the product''s effectiveness and look for me, though I haven''t tried the less expensive similar stuff yet. I got the starter kit in Fair/Light and added the Beauty Blush and Summer Bisque (used as concealer) to my colors. I find that my skin has gotten better and I have fewer deep pimples and patches of redness with the products. I also use their NightMinerals powder (birthday gift) and it seems to work well too. The only thing I notice sometimes is that I tend to get a little dry if I am using the BE products with the Rev Up lotion and then washing with my Dove face cloths in the evening. I have to use a little more moisturizer then and it goes back to normal. I use either Clinique or Cellex C then. I have used the same kit powders for months now, because you end up using less as your skin gets better. I did have to buy a new Mineral Veil, and I have some backup pots of the other colors I use ready to go since they are starting to run low.

Hmmm... I am MUCH too scary this morning for a before/after shoot.
2.gif
Let''s try this though. Here is a picture from last Halloween where I was not using the makeup, and then some with BE on my face.

I''m on the right. Not the best pic, but notice the glossy areas, spots on chin, etc.
21a0h2s.jpg

After shots. My first day using BE on my own below, and then a few others where I took shots of the makeup so my mom could see how well it was working.
21a0hhk.jpg

21a0jo9.jpg

21a0k03.jpg

Ok, done with the Myspace-style pics now, hahaha! But hopefully you get an idea of what it does. My mom and a good friend of mine both use it because of my results, and they love it too.There should be lots of sites out there with lots of info on BE and some might have better before/after shots than these.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm.

Well, I have been using Sepora''s trials for a few days in different combos--

As I suspected, I don''t need/wouldn''t use the blush or the color. I color enough on my own, heh.

I LOVE the Fairly Light foundation with the mineral veil over it. Maybe I will ask for it as a Christmas present.

magpye

Rough_Rock
I really LOVE Bare Minerals. It is a little expensive but a full size container lasts me about 3-4 months and I use it everyday. It''s really great. It gives you this amazing glow and its doesn''t cake or run off your face (I live in the humid, hot south). I can''t say enough good things about it. It also really helped reduce the number of pimples I get. People are always complimenting me on my skin. If you do buy a kit I would buy the face powders. Their shadows are great too but they are expensive and well, drug store shadows are easier on the budget. But their brushes are completely worth the money. I wouldn''t wait until x-mas to get the foundation IMHO. I think you should experience the fabulous bare minerals effect now!!!!!!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Equi, you have beautiful skin and are so pretty too!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I''m super late to this thread and just wanted to see whether you decided on the bare escentuals, rainbowtrout. If you''re still on the fence about it, let me tell you that I use it too, and I love it! I use the brown eye shadow kit every day, and I can tweak the colors for nighttime, smoky eye makeup too. It''s perfect for all seasons, and I think it''s totally worth the money, since each kit lasts for several months.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I'm on the fence in the sense that I love nice stuff and hate spending money..I'm very much a "weeeeeel, but I don't have to have it" girl.

There was another thread about what I was going to get myself as an end of summer treat, and it ended up being a digital camera for my yr abroad. SO, all in all:

Yes, I want some. I'm going to see about getting it as a present for my next holiday (which may mean very soon since I know my stepmother and father are refusing to visit me in Morocco but want to still get me something for Christmas.)

I'm glad to know the eyeshadow got a good review from you though! That goes on the list too. I usually never wear makeup but now with a job I wear it every day and noticed what I had was 6 ys old and s*&!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
SCORE!

My stepmom has some B.E. stuff that she didn't like--an unopened mineral veil and the entire Brown Eyeshadow set. So I just bought the foundation and I'm set!

Thank you guys for all the advice :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did good!!!! Anyway, I do like it as well and I am a product devotee. I am someone who tries it all. Just be light with it, or it can look cakey as someone said, and really buff well. I love a lot of their shadow and sparkley stuff, so pretty. It is really good stuff overall, and you can try it now just for the price of one pot! Score!

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
I have tried the B.E.

I like the product called Warmth the best. Very nice. I also like the concealer. It does a good job.

I still prefer creme or liquid foundation. I have normal skin...but sometimes it can be a bit dry...so the BE can look cakey on me.

If you have dry skin...probably want to use a good moisturizer at night and really get your skin smooth for that morning application. I cant even put moisturizer on before I put the BE on...your skin has to be totally dry...and I cant live without that face cream in the morning before I put my make up on.

But it DOES cover well. And I have seen it on women who have oily skin and it just looks amazing on them!
Good luck!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I use something, very like BareEssentials that I found on TV. I love it. I''m older than most of you, and it seems to be kinder to my skin than even the most expensive liquids or cremes, doesn''t cake or settle in a crease or two, and merely makes my skin look years younger.

I told my 80+ year old aunt to try it, she has and loves it as well, and as she said she was "never good w/makeup."

36.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
*blush* Thanks, Lorelei and SDL. I may still do a true Before and After shot of me in BE. I keep forgetting to take my camera into the bathroom.
2.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Great news, rainbowtrout! And yes, definitely get the Warmth all over face color. I held out on that for nearly a year, thinking i really didn''t need it, but then I tried my sister''s, and I loved it. I used it as blush, and it gave me a very natural flush and brought out my cheekbones. Definitely try it.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. My cheeks tend to get pretty red on their own, not sure I want to add to the color..it''s a def thought though.

I am *loving* this makeup! I''ve worn it every day for work and FI can''t even tell I am wearing makeup, it looks so natural (he''s not fond of the "made-up" look).

Also, I think the extra SPF from my lotion plus the foundation is decreasing the perinneal redness on my chin/nose.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
this must be the third thread i've read about bare essentuals...

.......and i still haven't tried it

I don't wear foundation, only sort of dab on concealer and go.
would anyone still recommend the product for a non-foundation wearing gal?

equestrienne- it's your before and afters that are making me seriously consider an investment.

More pictures!!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I never wore foundation until this stuff, if that helps.

I''ll put up pics with my brand spankin new camera tonight.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
thanks rainbowtrout, that does help, but a free set from a family member would help more
3.gif

I am very much looking forward to more comparison shots. what kind of new camera have you purchased?

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
a used (store sample) Fugi FinePix F10. Was a good deal, or so my previously employed as a photographer FI informs me...

If I can manage to plunk my butt down long enough this last week in US I promise to get some pics up....I was thinking about it in the mirror this morning. Patchy red spots before...none after.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
do you think that the makeup would correct a bit of darkening under the eyes? or do you have to use a more standard cream concealor?

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 1:46:39 PM
Author: lovelylulu
this must be the third thread i''ve read about bare essentuals...

.......and i still haven''t tried it

I don''t wear foundation, only sort of dab on concealer and go.
would anyone still recommend the product for a non-foundation wearing gal?

equestrienne- it''s your before and afters that are making me seriously consider an investment.

More pictures!!
Lulu,

I was a dab-and-go person too. I never did foundation because I hated the way the stuff felt like a mask on my face, but the old cover sticks would crease up and crack over blemishes and I wanted to try something new. I went to Sephora and had a free makeup consultation in January, and asked the makeup artist about creating a more polished look for school. I had never tried mineral makeup before. She used BE on me and I have been using it every since.
9.gif

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I can do my whole face in 10 minutes in the morning - lotion, foundation powders, bronzer, touch of blush, Mineral Veil, eye shadow, mascara. Done. It covers the undereye circles, the random acne, and even the redness around my nose. BE also makes a great base for eyeshadow, holds all day without much creasing at all. I really like using it and I can tell that my skin looks better after using it. I get fewer dry flaky spots, fewer acne problems, and less oil. I don''t look like I am wearing a mask and it feels light and breathable on my face. Also, the more you use it, the better it works on your skin and the less you need to use to achieve the same look. I am still using some of the same pots I purchased back in January.

Even if you only go in for a consultation and get samples, you should really try this stuff, Lulu. I think you''ll like it.
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I ordered the free sample from Everyday Minerals tonight. If I like it, I''ll try Bare Minerals, too. I just hated spending 60 bucks, not knowing if the tap and buff method would work for me. I''m excited to get my free samples! I''m very much not a makeup girl, but I love the look of smooth skin that looks flawless, naturally. I have freckles I''d *LOVE* to help fade away, particularly before my wedding! Yay! Thanks for the positive posts on these products, ladies.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
equestrienne -- you are mighty persausive
9.gif
. so, i think that the next time i am near a sephora (not this weekend because i''m headed out of town for the holiday) i''m going to ask for a demo. trying it with the help of a *professional* would be good for me, because i''m a little uncertain of how capable a buffer i''ll be -- a bit of application instruction is likely needed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results