shape
carat
color
clarity

Make one change in your life today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been sitting a home for the last two hours calling everyone I can. We don''t know who''s been invited to the wedding this afternoon. They met at the place where I work. She is almost 30, he almost 40. I haven''t wrapped my gift yet. At 8:00 this morning I get the phone call.

He was running last minute errands last night when he was struck and killed in an automobile accident. What was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives... now she is planning a funeral with her wedding dress hanging on the back of a bedroom door. Everyone''s family is in town. He has two small children. They just bought a house. She never got his last name. It''s just so awful.

Don''t wait to make plans until everything is perfect. Go out and do something today that you keep putting off. Don''t take it for granted. Tell him how much he really means to you. Listen to my story and do something today that makes a change. Life is too short sometimes.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God, I am so sorry and saddened to read this. I will keep your friends in my thoughts and prayers.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, that is just the saddest thing I''ve ever heard. It really makes you put things in perspective. We get so upset over trivial things instead of enjoying life and living each day to its fullest. Starset, my heart goes out to you, your poor friend and all the families and loved ones who are suffering from this tragedy.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Starset, I''m so sorry to hear about your friend. Thank you for your words of wisdom about not taking things for granted.

*hugs*

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
wow..
I started reading the story, and all I could think while reading it , is how upset i get over such stupid things and waste time being upset.
I am so sorry to hear about this... It almost brought me to tears. I am a very big sap when it comes to weddings, and I can't imagine how any of you are dealing with it. I hope everyone is there for each other.
I am so sorry to hear this.
I am on the other hand very glad you shared this tragic story with us, it served as an awakening for me. (I have fears of dying, and that just showed me how real it really was).

So although I can't say I know how it feels, I want you to know that all of us are here for you and your friend and family.

I'm at a lost for words.
8.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, really makes you think. I am so sorry to hear this. I will be thinking of you and your friends. That''s so sad.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What horrible news, I can''t even imagine. My prayers and best wishes out to your friend and all around her. I like to think that fate has a hand in almost everything, but there''s no reason that could come to mind why anyone would have to go through something so nightmarish.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear of this. I hope your friend is able to find the love and psupport she is going to need in her family and friends. I am sorry for your loss.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY CRAP! That is horrible. I am so sorry to hear that!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
First, I am so sorry for your friend and all those close to her...I hope she has a lot of love and support around her at this terrible & unfair time.

Second, thank you for the reminder to cherish what we have, to not waste a moment of what really amounts to so little time, and to live and love with no regrets. To do so is to honor all those who passed before us and to set an example for everyone who comes afterwards.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to come back and say that this story has been heavy on my heart all day. Just so very sad.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, reading that was like a punch in the stomach...literally, I find the breath knocked out of me. I cannot even BEGIN to imagine...Starset, I will certainly keep your friend and her and his family (and you) in my thoughts and prayers. And thank you for sharing this...it is a terribly tragic, yet poignant, reminder to take NOTHING for granted.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Starset, thank you for sharing this. Sometimes it is too easy to slip into taking our loved ones for granted, and we need a reminder to show them how much they truly mean to us.

My thoughts are with your friend on this tragic day and I hope she has family to support her at this time.

(((hugs))) to you, too.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Talk about a simple twist of fate. That''s one of the saddest stories I''ve heard in a long time. I''m currently fighting with my fiance and reading this makes me put some things into perspective.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for you wishes for her and her family. Many people I work with spent Saturday, the day of the wedding, making arrangements for his family to lengthen their stay in our town so that the services could happen today with the funeral being tomorrow. Most people are numb. She had many friends and all of her 13 brothers and sisters and their families at their house to keep her, well, distracted. She is comforted by these people instead of closing herself in her bedroom which I'm sure is tempting. His family is from Iowa which is pretty far from central IL. We put them up in a rental house and they received sleeping arrangments and lots of baked dishes for their stay.

I am about to go to work today where some of our 500 employees don't know yet. The service is after work at 5:00. It's still going to be a hard day. Please think of her these next few days and pass this story on so that others may be reminded of how quickly you can lose it all.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry. If you hadn''t directed me to this thread, I wouldn''t have seen it. Many of us who are not planning weddings and who were not recently married, do not read all the wedding news. This is truly horrible, especially so because of the irony involved.

I will hold your friend and you in the light.

Deborah

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry. That is truly sad and heartbreaking.
emrosesad.gif

Thank you for sharing and for(at least a minute) putting things into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results