shape
carat
color
clarity

Major Upgrade!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock

Cflutist finally went to sleep

41.gif
- good thing for me she is an early sleeper and I'm a late night person. Now I can work on my big surprise! For quite a while I have wanted to give cflutist a nice piece of jewelry, but she is so darn hard to surprise!!!
emotion-41.gif
You can't use any of our normal accounts to pay for anything - she keeps an eagle eye on them. She gets home before I do, so I can't easily have packages delivered to our house (she would open them), and I have a hefty commute to work, so I can't easily wait for them.

I finally got to put my plan into action... While she tracks all our normal accounts, she doesn't bother with my stock trading accounts - too complex she says. Besides, she doesn't think there is much there because I keep talking about "playing the stock market". Last August, when Google did it's IPO, I bought into it...good move! Let's just say it's nice when an $85 stock goes to $200...
36.gif
Since it looked like it leveled off this year, I decided to cash out, retaining the capital for future investing and the using half the gains (after taxes were taken into account) for me and half for cflutist's surprise.
emmale.gif
emfemale.gif

Which is.... to replace the 2.05 carat D-VS2 Oval she sold after her divorce from her ex!
emrose.gif
I started working with our long time vendor in the SF Diamond & Jewelry Mart like I did when we got her e-ring - cflutist has known one of the salespeople since they were in High School together, so that person knows what she likes and my grievous lack of knowledge about diamonds was not an issue... Things all came together this week and I was able to sneak away (a little white lie about going to work when I was really going to SF), and pick up the diamond!

So tomorrow when she opens her pre-packaged breakfast bag that she takes to work, or perhaps earlier depending upon her PS habits (breakfast first or PS first?), she is going to find a small post -it note (she really likes my little notes!
emsmile.gif
) on her instant oatmeal directing her to a little used pocket in her purse.
emquestion.gif
In any case, the cat, so to speak, will be out of the bag early tomorrow morning! There, in a tiny envelope, she will find this surprise:
5.15 cts D-SI1 Whoohoo! A diamond! Wow, a big one!
13.70 x 9.85 x 5.91 mm
60% depth, 1.39 L:W, 57% table
(I got this from the GIA report)

I figure I'm going to get an ecstatic phone call about half way to work.
35.gif
36.gif
I might have to pull over, I'll be laughing so hard - she thinks I am totally incapable of surprising her!
emotion-5.gif

I'm hoping we can finish it before our upcoming cruise by putting it in a pendant (most likely since that is what she has been looking at lately), or maybe switching it with her e-ring 3 ct stone since she likes it's setting. Just possibly a RHR...that will all be her choice.

Websailor is going to score major hubbie points with this surprise!!!! LOL! Okay, not enough to get me out of the hole...
emotion-14.gif

Sorry about the not so great picture - I had to take it in the kitchen tonight using just the halogen ceiling lights and no flash -couldn't take the chance of waking her.

cflutists_new_oval_1.JPG

Cath

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!!
23.gif

Talk about a BIG surprise! You''re definitely gonna score some big points with this big sparkler. You are very sneaky Websailor -- good job!!

I can''t wait to see cflutist''s response!
9.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story...you are a husband to die for!!!
Have a great weekend!

desert willow

Rough_Rock
6.gif

I''m a lurker, but had to say that is one fantastic surprise.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Can''t wait to read her response.
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

-C

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
WOW, what a surprise!! I cant wait for her reaction!! Good job websailer!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif

wow websailor!! well done!!!
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
that is SOOOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!!!!!!! aahhhhhhhhhh i can't wait!!!

websailor, you done good!!!! i love how you're surprising her... thats the BEST PART!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA- websailor, don't want to be suspcious, but this doesn't have anything to do with april fools does it?!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh!! I can hardly contain myself until she posts tomorrow!! I''m sure you feel the same. Websailor, if you don''t surprise her with this BEAUTY, I don''t know what can do it!! You are wonderful!
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
O M G !!!!!!!

But, I just have to ask, is it April Fool''s?

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. My. God. are you freakin'' kidding me?! 5.15 carats?!!!!! Websailor, will you marry me? We are both already married, but hey,why not? Ok, not get married, GIVE ME THAT DIAMOND!!!!!
6.gif

Oh how I love a man that appreciates a good diamond!! Well congratulations!!!! I can''t wait to see her post tomorrow (today?) after she gets it!!! yea!!!!!
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 2:57:43 AM
Author: ltl

Webs... you wouldn''t dare, would you ?
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot tell you how much I wish that when my husband used to "play the stock market" he didn''t *LOSE* all the money! I am dying with envy here. My husband has no part in my diamond purchases.

I have had a 1.38 carat G diamond sitting in my safe deposit box ever since it was taken out of a necklace and replaced by the current 2.10 carat stone I wear on a pendant. I tried to sell it through the jeweler who sold it to me, but it didn''t sell. I was reluctant to sell at a huge loss...so the stone sat.

I decided to bite the bullet and sell it at a (big) loss. I have had my eye on a stone I really want. I am going to see if I can find the picture. If I can, I will post it :).

Deb

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 99px">Date: 4/1/2005 4:18
6.gif
8 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 4/1/2005 2:57:43 AM
Author: ltl

I''m thinking the same thing....
31.gif
31.gif

but if not....

Good for you, and even better for Cflutist

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...this is it. As soon as I sell the 1.38 carat (for half of what I paid), I am buying this ring. It isn't what I usually go for, but I fell in love with it. It is described as an oval diamond cluster ring and is of English origin-circa 1780. I am not sure who made it, but I plan to look into it. It is really an heirloom. The ONLY obstacle is the price: $22,000. But hey, as some of you said in another thread, one can always take out a second mortgage! ;-)

Deb

ovaldiamondclusterring.jpg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

That puppy''s huge!!!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Websailor, you devil!
emotion-14.gif
WOW--she has no idea.... her eyes will pop...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Good for you! Your guys are so awesome--I am so happy to see great, big sparkly things happen to good people!!!!!!!!!
16.gif
I can''t wait to see it set!!!!!!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OK--I have been debating something and I''m erring on the side of the fact that websailor''s a good man and won''t hold this against me...
emembarrassed.gif

I''ve had a recent upgrade too...
9.gif
11.gif
I''ve been holding out on the Pscope gang becasue A. I am a tad embarrassed. B. I don''t have good pics yet (hands keep shaking while taking pics!!!) and 3. I don''t want to give Dancing Fire any satisfaction..... BUT.... Since cflutist loves pears...I want to share!

My husband recently moved to a new firm and got a huge sign-on package and increase. We''re actually also in the process of moving...it''s crazy...and to celebrate, he gave me my ultimate fantasy item: Oprah''s pear dangle earrings!!!!!!! Well almost--they dangle from baguettes not rounds but man oh man:

Pear One:
VS1
F

Pear 2:
VS2
E

Two 20 pt baguettes, each VVS1, F
Platinum

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

newpear1.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Another--again, not great

newpear4.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Fuzzy ear shot (when is see them on, my hands shake so badly from the excitement!!!!!) but look at that fire!
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
9.gif
36.gif

I promise when I get better pics, I'll do my own thread & post the rest of the specs!!!!!

newpearear1.jpg

deny

Rough_Rock
OMG!!! I am a little scared though about that diamond all by itself waiting for her to find it!!!

Please let us know how it goes.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer and Websailor, you guys are killing me here!
3.gif

Congrats to both of you!
36.gif

I'm not even gonna mention my puny little studs that I ordered this week.
But if I did, I'd have to mention that they were a GREAT deal from my local guy. And I'd mention that they were set in yellow gold and I'm having him switch them to white before I pick them up. (SI clarity, I color, "premium cut" .59c total)
9.gif

Edited to add that this thread was a LIE. I took part in the April Fool's joke but even then I could not go with VS clarity and a high color and size for earrings!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Websailor,
Cflutist is going to be soooo excited!!! I'm thrilled for her...and you...you devil
emotion-14.gif

Jennifer,
WOW is all I can say to those pears. I've dreamed of those Oprah earrings for quite some time!!!
36.gif

Well, I have some AMAZING news that I just have to share with you guys at PS, and I'm inspired to do so right now. I've got some really great news.....I WON THE LOTTERY!!!! We have these scratch off Lottery games here in Georgia and I really splurged and bought a $10 ticket a couple of days ago for the $100 Million Cash Spectacular game and I won one of the grand prizes which is $1 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!! I'm still reeling from it. I'm just amazed......and I haven't even told hubby yet
23.gif

The first thing I did after I calmed down was call LEON MEGE!!!! That's how obsessed I've become about diamonds
11.gif
I'm flying up there next week to meet with the master and design a dream right hand ring! I can't wait. I chartered a private jet and a suite at the Ritz Carlton. That's when I'm going to tell hubby
9.gif
I called his boss yesterday and arranged for him to have a couple of days off for a surprise trip
11.gif
You guys have no idea how exciting this is
21.gif
I promise to post pics of what we design
35.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Don''t kill me, websailor--I just got a decent pic!

newpear2.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, OMG I am on vacation and thought I would have a look at what I am missing on PS and I'm nearly having a stroke!! Websailor cflutist will love that diamond it's huge and gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

Jennifer those earrings are to die for, you go girl !!!
36.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Jennifer, those earrings are absolutely gorgeous! I''m glad you decided to share them with us sooner rather than later -- Congrats!
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you guys !
1.gif

Pricescope will never be the same again after this ones
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Websailor,
6.gif
that oval is just gorgeous. wow, what an incredible surpise.
36.gif
36.gif

that is so incredibly romantic and thoughtful of you.

and Jennifer
30.gif
30.gif

Now i'm going to be checking PS all day to see Cflutist's reaction
20.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
JENNIFER, omigod.... those earrings are amazing!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
just- holy crap! i absolutely adore them... wow wow wow
30.gif

and i have to admit i am feeling a little suspicious about websailor''s april 1 surprise, but if it''s true- WOOHOO cograts cflutist!
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
april fools?
18.gif
both of you I suspect
25.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock

Just sneaking a peek before I head off to work...gotta keep this fast and quiet - cflutist has really sensitive ears! I''ll get back to you all at work...

Re April 1 - yeah, I didn''t quite think of it that way. Never in a million years would cflutist think I would do anything serious on Apr 1 - it''s the perfect day for this. It''s just a very lucky coincidence of timing - the stock market, her looking for a pendent, our jeweler getting the right stone in, and the cruise...see my YIKES!!! thread to see how my life goes in regards to diamonds....

I am so excitd thinking about cflutist''s reaction in a little bit!

11.gif
12.gif
11.gif
12.gif
11.gif
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results