shape
carat
color
clarity

Mahenge Spinel (another JW's Tucson 2020 find)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff has finished cutting the Spinel I chose from the roughs he picked up from Tucson 2020, and he has sent me this link to the video of the finished stone (glamour short to follow).

Here is a screenshot of the finished stone at the start of the video:

JW Spinel.JPG

Here is the link to the video itself:

Mahenge Spinel, 1.63 ct. 6.94 x 5.30 mm

I am likely to keep the setting simple so that I could wear it as an everyday ring rather than a special occasion ring, most likely to be a 3-stone Gypsy setting with a pair of step cut trillion white Sapphires or diamonds.

It may not be a glowy red, however, I love it!

DK :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, something is not quite right with PS this evening, in that I cannot attach my existing photos of the rough and the glamour shot of JW's Tucson 2020 finds!

Hey ho!

DK :confused:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C702DE90-E5B9-422C-B438-F401DDCDF921.gif

Ooh, la la. :love: I love everything about it. I’m a huge fan of the hot pink mahenge color and this one looks glorious. Congrats and I can’t wait to see all your pics.

ETA: I like this new customer video section of Jeff’s site. :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C702DE90-E5B9-422C-B438-F401DDCDF921.gif

Ooh, la la. :love: I love everything about it. I’m a huge fan of the hot pink mahenge color and this one looks glorious. Congrats and I can’t wait to see all your pics.

Thanks! He said he would take a glamour shot for me.

BTW, I love the new video capability and links on his revamped website!

Looking forward to see yours when it is available.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one?
5C0111EF-ED9F-40D9-9031-8B94CDFEBAE9.jpeg

Yup, and the pic of the rough in a ziplock bag. I posted them before, they are in my gallery, however, I cannot insert them in my posts, and do not know why!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! He said he would take a glamour shot for me.

BTW, I love the new video capability and links on his revamped website!

Looking forward to see yours when it is available.

That’s funny, I just edited my post to say the same thing. I love that new video section!

I’m eager to see mine too. Fingers crossed it’ll be soon.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I am obsessed.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, and the pic of the rough in a ziplock bag. I posted them before, they are in my gallery, however, I cannot insert them in my posts, and do not know why!

I saved that pic of yours too. Should I be embarrassed now? :lol:
C0A9EF38-84F6-42C4-B60B-846B18E820AE.jpeg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, congrats!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s funny, I just edited my post to say the same thing. I love that new video section!

I’m eager to see mine too. Fingers crossed it’ll be soon.

Good to know it is not just me who is having this issue!

Fingers crossed that you will get yours soon!

BTW, had I had the money to spare, I would have grabbed that blue green cuprian Tourmaline in the right bottom corner.

I shall ask him to look for one for me next year - the blue Sapphire Asscher can wait another year!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saved that pic of yours too. Should I be embarrassed now? :lol:
C0A9EF38-84F6-42C4-B60B-846B18E820AE.jpeg

No, as you were the first person I thought of when I started this thread, and was close to tagging you, however, you responded before I had the chance!

DK :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I even joked with Jeff that had I seen this stone first, I might not have said yes to the 7mm Sapphire as this is less than half the price!

Mind you, I wanted a round stone for an air gap flower cluster ring, my ER had I gone down the aisle again that I am having made for myself; as I have more or less given up hope of finding a special someone, anyone, let alone one that would tolerate my bling habit!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No kidding, though each one of the new gems you’ve gotten has been spectacular.

I didn’t even catch that cuprian in there. I bet that one costs a fortune...but it might be worth it. :evil2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It looks beautiful.

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
Jeff has finished cutting the Spinel I chose from the roughs he picked up from Tucson 2020, and he has sent me this link to the video of the finished stone (glamour short to follow).

Here is a screenshot of the finished stone at the start of the video:

JW Spinel.JPG

Here is the link to the video itself:

Mahenge Spinel, 1.63 ct. 6.94 x 5.30 mm

I am likely to keep the setting simple so that I could wear it as an everyday ring rather than a special occasion ring, most likely to be a 3-stone Gypsy setting with a pair of step cut trillion white Sapphires or diamonds.

It may not be a glowy red, however, I love it!

DK :kiss2:

Seeing that colors like this occur naturally in the world are optimized through human craft is so cool. The cutting amped up the pink in your stone so much. It's beautiful. I know you didn't ask, but I think it would look really nice in an E/W orientation for everyday wear.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Beeeee-utiful.
I love that glowing pink color.
I hope to get one like it someday.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seeing that colors like this occur naturally in the world are optimized through human craft is so cool. The cutting amped up the pink in your stone so much. It's beautiful. I know you didn't ask, but I think it would look really nice in an E/W orientation for everyday wear.

Thanks!

I did think about E-W setting however, I am not certain if step cut trillion or trap sides would work with the main stone being E-W set.

Two small MRBs as side stones may work, however, I am not too keen on that idea.

I may have another variation of an air gap diamond halo like my EC diamond and Gene's radiant cut green Tourmaline - can't link pics from my gallery, sorry!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No kidding, though each one of the new gems you’ve gotten has been spectacular.

I didn’t even catch that cuprian in there. I bet that one costs a fortune...but it might be worth it. :evil2:

Thanks!

And yup, the blue green one was nearly as much as my 7mm neon Sapphire that he sourced and recut for me, and that is more than double the price of this Spinel!!!

Go on, you know you want to! :Up_to_something:

That's it for CS stone purchases for this year (she says). I really must set his Rubellite before I get the tennis bracelet!

Elisa717

Rough_Rock
Trade
It looks so lovely! I wish I could have one, too! BTW, who is Jeff? I am new to the forum buy is always looking for pretty gems! Does he have a website?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!! It’s TDF, such a glowing color!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I cannot wait to see how you set it.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that is gorgeous. I saw an east west with traps on IG. Lemme go look

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so lovely! I wish I could have one, too! BTW, who is Jeff? I am new to the forum buy is always looking for pretty gems! Does he have a website?

Jeff as in Jeff White of whitesgems, one of the best lapidary artists in the business, check out his website for eye candies - some of mine have been added to the relevant galleries of sold gemstones.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The halo setting that I have in mind for this stone, with a plain comfort shank that is wider at the top, and I may add an air gap:

The two air gap halos i already have:

bluegreenmodectourmalinering_12.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's absolutely fantastic!

Jeff is about to do a mahenge spinel for me too (I think it's one of the other ones from the picture?), and I'm terribly excited :)

Looking forward to see yours!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just found this on the web and I like it, perhaps substituting the baguettes with skinny ECs.

20200515_085804.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is gonna look gorgeous even in a tie-wrap "setting". But seriously, I though I like the halo but the EW with ECs is my cup of tea when I scrolled down.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results