shape
carat
color
clarity

Maggie Sottero Gowns

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I ordered a Maggie Sottero gown in the shorter/petite length. I''m between 5''5" and 5''6" without heels, but I''d like to wear a little bit of a heel (at least 2-3 inches). The dress I tried on was the regular length, and it was super long on me, and the sales agent measured and said I could save a lot of money on alterations if I ordered the shorter length and would still be able to wear a bit of heel.

Has anyone ordered a Maggie Sottero dress in the shorter length? And if so, how tall are you and how much of a heel were you able to wear?

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Hi monkeyprincess! Congrats on ordering a Maggie Sottero...I love their dresses!

My sister''s wedding gown was a Maggie (the Brielle), and she also ordered the petite length. She is about 5''2" and her heels were 3 inches tall. Even with the added height of her shoes, the dress was still a good 3-4 inches too long.

So I''d say that you definitely should be able to wear at least a 2-inch heel. It might also depend on the style of dress you ordered, but I think you''ll be okay. Do you have a pic of your dress?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''m about 5''3" and I ordered my Maggie dress (Jorie) in the petite length. I wore 4" heels and ended up having to put a fairly full crinoline underneath to avoid hemming (it was lace, and although the seamstress was accustomed to shortening lace dresses, it would have been pricey). I wish I''d done hollow-to-hem measurements instead, but I didn''t have THE shoes when I ordered my dress so I went with the standard petite length.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
You both made me feel a little better. I''m dying to pick out a pair of wedding shoes, but I guess I better wait until my gown comes in to see how much length I''m dealing with. My fiance is over 6 feet tall, and I feel like such a shrimp around him if I don''t have a bit of heel on and I don''t want my sisters to wear heels and tower over me :)

Here''s a link with pictures. Unfortunately, you don''t get a great idea of how long the dress actually was on me. It''s the Fiorella.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/successful-dress-shopping-trip.134075/

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I remember seeing your dress thread now! It''s a beautiful dress, and it works great on you. But yes, I would definitely wait until you get the dress in so you can see just how many inches you have for your shoes. I''m sure you''d rather not have to do any alterations on the length if you find the perfect shoes! Let us know how it goes!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Maggie gowns are available in 3 inches shorter or 5 inches shorter than the sample length. Most dresses are available 3 inches shorter and some, particularly those with lace hems, are available in the 5 inches shorter.

FWIW, if you don''t have a lace hem on your dress I wouldn''t bother paying the $100 extra to get the "petite" length. It should be cheaper just to have a seamstress hem it.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Actually OUpeargirl, it didn''t cost me anything extra to get the shorter length, so, yes, it will save me money on alterations because I will not have to get it hemmed at all. I just don''t know how long the original dress was, so I am trying to figure out how high of heels I''ll get to wear with the dress.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t have to pay extra for the petite length either. I''ve heard of people having to, but either 1) it''s a ploy by the bridal salon to get more $$ or 2) the salon I used absorbed the cost. Not sure which is true, but I''d have shopped arond or negotiated if they had tried to make me pay extra for less dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results