shape
carat
color
clarity

Madeira Citrine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Can somebody tell me what is the most common colour of Madeira Citrine is it wine,whiskey or yellow. Maybe somebody can show me because I have seen a few and would like to make sure I get the right colour.
Thanks....

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
leggs, get yourself to a good bottle shop/liquor store and look at the madeiras. you''ll have your answer, i think.

imo, whiskey is too dark, wine could be any color, and yellow is not adequate to describe madeira. but then i''ve drank more good booze than i''ve bought fine gems......

peace, movie zombie

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Movie Zombie Here''s to fine gems and liguor..I think I figured it out.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
embeer.gif
cheers! hope you find what you are looking for leggs
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The name brings to mind a reddish orange color.

CITRPEAR203Y.jpg
Q-4222C.jpg
MADEIRA_CITRINE_P348_Y.jpg

However...
34.gif
it seems to me that this name "Madeira citrine" gets attached to whatever color happens to be most prized in citrine at each turn of fashion. Some places might still call "Madeira" a strong bright yellow. So the answer to your question might just be "all of the above" ! It is just another way to say "best citrine" or "most valuable"...

Lately, strong reddish orange is "Madeira" as far as I know. There must be other comercial names in use as well (ever heard of "Oxblood citrine" or "Palmeira" ?). Saturated color without allot of brown in it is the most expensive regardless.

And there's no reliable way to tell natural citrine frome the tons of perfect syntetic quartz if there are no flaws (whish is usually the case with citrine anyway)
7.gif

madeira_man.jpg

As far as I know, as usual.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Thankyou Belle and Ana, the pictures are exactly what I was looking for
with seeing the difference between the yellowish one and the darker reddish one. I prefer the middle stone and the piece you are holding looks like horehound candy to me :)
Thanks Ana for the great explanation of Madeira Citrine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results