shape
carat
color
clarity

Made my late mom's ER diamond into right hand ring

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone again,
Last posting on this stone was when I was trying to figure out what type of diamond was in my mom's ER. I guess it is somewhere between a trasitional cut and MRB. It is for sure more chunky than a MRB.It is from the very late 40's I think.
Anyway it was very chipped on the girdle and I did not end up sending it to be fixed. What I did find was a setting locally that held around the exact size diamond and they were willing to sell me just the setting. They remade the bezel which I think they only did a fair job on, but now I can wear my mom's ring on my right hand and feel her close to me.The stone is a bit over 2 carats I J color VS1 or 2 or maybe worse now because of the girdle chips.
Here are the photos of my right hand treasure.

20130628_150221.jpg

20130628_150835.jpg

20130628_145939.jpg

20130628_145913.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the sentiment behind the new ring! It is very pretty--wear in good health!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a wonderful sentimental value, and the ring is very beautiful. I like the bezel! And, that undergallery ... yummy. :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good LORD that is a GORGEOUS setting!! Wow - you found that locally? and it fit perfectly?? Wow - you had an angel looking out for you ... and I think it was your mom :))

Your reset looks incredible! I love the sapphire halo and the milgrain detail around the outside diamond halo --- its GORGEOUS!!

and yes indeed, how wonderful to have your mom still close to you. I'm glad you found this setting!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
It is lovely and sweet, plus the setting is amazing! How lucky you are to have such a treasure from your mom.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Oh it's beautiful :appl: :appl:

And beautiful sentiment

Any hand shots by any chance? :wink2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful ring - I'm sure your mother would be very pleased that you are now able to wear it!

Enjoy and kudos for finding just the right setting!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet ring. In the special meaning of it, and how gorgeous it is!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean this with utmost sincerity when I say this is one of the most beautiful vintage halo settings I have ever seen. :appl: Wear it in good health!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh...that is sooo pretty!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out wonderful! I think it is special that you found a setting that actually enhanced your mother's diamond, and it is extremely wearable too. Love it! :love: :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully and you can now wear it with great memories of your Mom.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out amazing! I too think the bezel is very nice. I'm impressed that you found that locally, nice find. I do believe mom had a hand in that! Wear it with great memories.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I first looked at diamonds, this was what I wanted my e ring to look like, exactly!

So this is to me, perfection, the sentiment, the ring, the stone, love it!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it! What a stunning ring!!

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful! I love the ring and love that you are wearing your mother's diamond. It really is stunning :love:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
mom2boys: Thank you for the kind words!
Circe: Thanks so much!
Enerchi: Yes found the setting in North Miami, FL about 40 minutes from me!! I actually had seen the same or very similar setting on Single Stones web page and had loved it then.The setting had a 2 carat MRB in it and I was really happy when the dealer said I could have just the setting!
I E Princess: TY I love the feeling of having my mom close by. Made my dad happy too when he saw the ring!!
Me myboys: TY will post hand shots soon.
Miss Got Rocks: Thank you so much!
04diamond<3 TY TY !
MSop04: TY Glad you like the setting so much
tyty333: Thanks!!
AprilBaby: Thanks!!
ClassyRocks: Thanks! I think it is wearable. I hope the sapphires are not too fragile. The ring is thin and lightweight. I'll have to be careful not to bang it too much.
bright Ice: Thanks! It does make me think of her
Elisateach: Thank you! I think she did too!
Neil: Glad you love it! Thank you
Rosebloom: Thank you!!
Chareston1 Thanks so much!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out gorgeous and how wonderful to have such a special treasure.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness it's gorgeous!!! :love: It's beautifully made and I love the undergallery! I quite like the bezel as well! The perfect home for such a special and meaningful stone.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is perfection.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhhh that is a cool ring!!!! i am so glad you found such a beautiful setting to house a memory of your mom! Count me in for wanting to see hand shots!!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! What a special piece!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
bb - This is stunning! I'm glad you've found such a wonderful way to embrace your mom's er diamond, like you're carrying a bit of her with you every time you wear it.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring!!!!!! My mom passed and I have her 2.25 ctw very old stone too -I love what you did with your mom's. So far, I've just traded it out for my 1 ctw solitaire every once in a while, or keep it in the safety deposit - you'e giving me ideas!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its Beautiful!!! I bet its a wonderful feeling to have placed your mommy's diamond is such an exquisite setting! Very loving and sweet of you.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous and a lovely reminder of your dear mother.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Here are a few hand shots with my old wrinkly hands.

Marly: Thank you!
Junebug: Thank you!
Reader: Thank you!
Tweeter: Thanks! Here are the hand shots. Please excuse the old hands!
Laila619: Thank you!
Dragonfly411: Thanks so much!
Mowtownmama: sorry about your mom too. I did trade off wearing it with my ER but when I upgraded mine I still wanted to wear hers and mine together. Hope you find the perfect setting for you mom's stone!
ZestfullyBling: Thanks! It is a wonderful feeling
Venice: Thank you!

img_1239.jpg

img_1240.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. It's a beautiful cocktail ring and HUGE!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! You must love bring able yo look down at your hand and see that connection to your mom. It makes me smile just thinking about it. I put my mom's stone into a bezel necklace. Isn't it nice yo keep her close?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results