shape
carat
color
clarity

M Color diamond??? Good??? Okay???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond island

Rough_Rock
Hi, can anyone help me with the look of an M color diamond? Any pictures in a setting, in platinum?, loose? Loose next to a J or G or what ever? Any thoughts of this color in a platinum setting? Thank you all!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
imagine a well dressed man in a suit and tie with an off white shirt that is clearly not cream, but the off white that a man might acheive if he did his own washing

(with apologies to all for sexist outlook
30.gif
)

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
M COLOR

This is from a thread that was posted in the last two weeks. The poster said that her ring was an M color. This is the only time that I have recalled seeing an M on this forum.

I think that if you put an M next to a G you will see a SIGNIFICANT difference. Same thing with a J and an M. I''ve seen some really nice J''s in platinum though.

Remember, CUT IS KING!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which shape is the M stone you''re considering? If the stone is a superiour cut RB it will look better than a lame cut stone. I''ve seen an emerald cut M color and it was visably tinted. No doubt from looking at it that it was MUCH more "warm" than my G color RB. I''ve also looked at a K color pear and it was visably yellow as well. So basically, even if you have a fabulously cut stone, at the M range, it will be warmer than many stones, but still it may look beautiful.

diamond island

Rough_Rock
It is a round cut, very excellent cut. Maybe even say it is an eightstar cut? Any one know the rap retail for 1.5-1.99 range for M color VVSI, VVS2, VSI, and VS2? Thanks.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious. Why would you consider getting such a low color stone with such a high clarity? If it is a price issue, you''d be better served, IMO, to go with an eye-clean SI1 in a J or even I color....

diamond island

Rough_Rock
No not a $$ issue. This is just what is available at this time. The clarity is just a bonus, I would prefer a VS1 or VS2 and a J combo.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure about the off-white shirt, but I would take white wine over vodka any time. "M" is whiter than white wine...

There's been a long saga of a 3 carat M/VVS diamond around here - worth reading.

This is what it was about:

foto302.jpg

(the diamond was recut into super ideal for "Stephan" - see one of the related posts link)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2004 3:31:38 PM
Author: diamond island
No not a $$ issue. This is just what is available at this time. The clarity is just a bonus, I would prefer a VS1 or VS2 and a J combo.
I''d go for what you want. Personally, I''d either opt for a smaller stone or wait for a J to come up. The diamond you choose is going to be worn for years, possibly a lifetime (if no upgrades are planned), so an additional six months waiting period seems rational unless you *must* propose now. If this is the case, then I''d look for another branded diamond rather than go for an 8* if this means having a more tinted stone. Have you checked Whiteflashes ACA stones to see what they have in your size/color range?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2004 3:43:24 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen

If this is the case, then I''d look for another branded diamond rather than go for an 8* if this means having a more tinted stone.
Is it really hard to "pull off" a diamond say M to U/V color grade ?. Just curious why these grades are so derided really.

All other considerations aside, the shade looks great to me - close to what rough natural silk looks like, and I am dead after that one
2.gif
)

diamond island

Rough_Rock
Val! Try that post again. Trying to figure out what you are tyring to say. Thanks.

diamond island

Rough_Rock
Val, where is the link to the M 3 ct?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i would never buy a color lower than j in anything but a brilliant cut diamond (pear, round radiant) --in step cut stones the color sings out...........in brilliant cut its the whole picture

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2004 475 PM
Val, where is the link to the M 3 ct?
HERE

Not sure what to clarify about the previous post... I meant to say that "M" is does not deserve the "bad name" the paper grade has. IMO, of course.

diamond island

Rough_Rock
Hi Windowshopper. I cant find that M from the like. There are so many diamonds. Can you help me locate it? Thanks.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2004 6:315 PM
I cant find that M from the like
Not only larger stones show color exponentially more, but this is not certified... and does not look "M" to me.

5ctsM(nocert).jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
K-L center and H grade sides...

K-LcenterHsides.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two rounds are M-N color and the baguettes colorless...

M-NtwinsAndColorless.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results