shape
carat
color
clarity

LV Speedy in Monogram or Damier?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
The hubs is getting this for me for a b-day/x-mas combo. I was set on the monogram, now I am teetering btwn that and the damier.

What do you think and why?

here is the damier

Damier_30.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
and of course the monogram

speedy-elux.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Damier. Much more appealing to me personally.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Damier. I think it''s really a great look. I am kind of over the Monagram look, but it''s a classic as well. I just think the Damier has a fresh look to it...

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Damier! I have the Speedy 35 in mono and love it, but I'm afraid of getting the vachetta dirty. I have the Neverfull GM in Damier too and it's my go to bag. I don't have to worry about staining the leather and it's really durable. I like the Damier print better as well, it's more understated than the mono. For Xmas my sister and I are buying my mom a Damier Speedy 30. What size are you thinking about?

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 8:24:35 PM
Author: Burberrygirl
Damier! I have the Speedy 35 in mono and love it, but I''m afraid of getting the vachetta dirty. I have the Neverfull GM in Damier too and it''s my go to bag. I don''t have to worry about staining the leather and it''s really durable. I like the Damier print better as well, it''s more understated than the mono. For Xmas my sister and I are buying my mom a Damier Speedy 30. What size are you thinking about?
thanks burberrygirl. I want to get the 35, I love big bags. I am starting to lean toward the damier b.c its still classic, but a bit different and not copied as much. The vachetta is something to consider too. thanks!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a woman today with the damier. She had some charms attached to the bag and it looked so cute. I think I will visit the LV store on Tues to "try on" the bags.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I have both and I think the damier is so practical. Very easy to maintain, just wipe off anything that spills, whereas the mono the handles get yucky and dirty. Plus, not as many people have the damier.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for Damier.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
So, I went to LV today and tried on the mono and damier in 30 and 35. I decided the 35 looked too big. I was suprised by how much I could fit in the 30...wallet, make-up bag, camera, sunglasses, umbrella, etc. And when I tried the mono vs damier, I preferred the look of the damier. It felt very classy. So, I went with the damier in 30 :)

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent choice! I loved mine until someone thought they''d like it more. I have several in the mono, recently hubbs actually said that he''s glad that I like them because it makes my B-day gift easy for him. lol

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 8:08:03 PM
Author: mintve
So, I went to LV today and tried on the mono and damier in 30 and 35. I decided the 35 looked too big. I was suprised by how much I could fit in the 30...wallet, make-up bag, camera, sunglasses, umbrella, etc. And when I tried the mono vs damier, I preferred the look of the damier. It felt very classy. So, I went with the damier in 30 :)
Great choice! Yah, the 35 is pretty big, the 30 is a more manageable size for an everyday bag. I hope you enjoy your new LV, I''m sure it looks great on you!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I would have voted Damier too.

I have both and cannot wear the Monogram in winter for fear of water staining; no such fear with the beautiful Damier. Plus I
30.gif
the red interior....

Enjoy her.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Damier. It''s the original LV pattern. That''s what the salesman at the LV store told me last night. Love it.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Damier.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I have both the Damier the most recent.I vote the Damier mire neutral and modern.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Damier..monogram is way too overplayed, it is classic..but Damier is just much more unique. The multicolore is just as overplayed unfortunately, I have a multicolore speedy and while I love it, I had to virtually not carry it for a while to wait until the trendiness and rampant fakes died down.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results