shape
carat
color
clarity

Luggage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle

Shiny_Rock
Any reccommedations for soft trolley bags about 27-29" or a duffel with wheels? I''ve always used hard sided Delsey or Samsonite suitcases but with the recent weight limits on baggage, I thought perhaps a soft sided trolley bag would be lighter and can thus hold more!
1.gif
A friend has a Mandarina Duck duffel with wheels - it''s pretty cool and has lasted a long time - however I can''t find a store that carries it.

Thanks!
1.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
You might want to check out ebags.com ... they have a zillion bags and you can sort by size, designer, purpose, etc ... plus customer reviews! As for specific recommendations, I have a rolling Diane Von Furstenberg bag that I like a lot... good quality and fun design. Hope that helps!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
The Victorinox Swiss Travel Gear collection is great for travelling..its a bit pricey, but their products last a lifetime...they have many soft duffle bags or carry ons with wheels and tons of hidden compartments that fit almost anything u can think off...and the bag itself is quite lite that u dont have to worry about additional weight...

this is their website : Victorinox

Good luck!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
If you travel frequently, then Briggs and Riley Baseline collection. Guaranteed for life period, even from airline abuse and damage. Very plain looking, but felt to be the best and best value. As good as Tumi without the price. Not discounted anywhere, although deals available on eBay.

If you don''t travel frequently buy by price, features and looks.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2006 2:24:54 PM
Author: noobie
If you travel frequently, then Briggs and Riley Baseline collection. Guaranteed for life period, even from airline abuse and damage. Very plain looking, but felt to be the best and best value. As good as Tumi without the price. Not discounted anywhere, although deals available on eBay.

If you don''t travel frequently buy by price, features and looks.

I''m with Noobie. DH and I own many Briggs and Riley rolling bags, after trying at least one of almost everything else (DH used to be into luggage...) . To add to Noobie''s comment is a recommendation is to find a color other than black. I picked a black set, DH has a sage green set and a navy blue piece (don''t remember why the navy...). It is so much easier to find on the baggage carousel, and the risk of someone walking off with your bag by mistake is much lower. I''m always pegged on watching for my bag because DH can''t spot them, and often someone at least checks them out for the tags to see if they are theirs.

I will say that my all time favorite bag is a cheap roling bag ($100) that I got an an outlet mall. It is the perfect size (larger than the standard small weekender, but smaller than the larger sizes.) and well configured. The only downside it that it is front heavy, and if I''m not paying attention it will fall over on the person in front of me in line (not so good, but still a great bag). It is holding up as well as my B&R''s, to my surprise. Things to watch for are the quality of the wheels/rolling, the quality of the zippers, and the layout of the inside space (don''t let the handle tak up all the space.)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2006 7:11:25 PM
Author: lop

To add to Noobie''s comment is a recommendation is to find a color other than black. I picked a black set, DH has a sage green set and a navy blue piece (don''t remember why the navy...). It is so much easier to find on the baggage carousel, and the risk of someone walking off with your bag by mistake is much lower.

Something that may help with easy bag ID? A brightly colored scarf of some sort tied around the handle.

A girlfriend of mine really wanted a black rolling bag.....so I got it for her, but I also picked up a cheap printed scarf with a shoe motif on it. (She''s MAJOR into shoes!)

Makes it a cinch to spot which bag is hers, and even easier for others to know it doesn''t belong to them.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
adj has a good idea on the scarf. I''ve been putting a variety of scarves/ribbons on my black bags for years. Just make sure that you tie it so there are no loose ends. I once had my handle ripped off because I had "tails" from my scarf that got caught in the airline''s baggage equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results