shape
carat
color
clarity

luck favors the patient

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
so I had to start a new thread because the title of the last one doesn''t really capture the essence of the search as it is going right now. original thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gah-no-luck-again.119051/

just wanted to update and fill in the blanks, if anyone is interested :)

I had been contacting several local jewelers and a few reputable online sources but with no luck. Either there wasn''t anything in, it wasn''t the right shape/size/cut/color/etc... I''ve been engaged for over a year now, and have a cute dainty little band to keep me company, but no Pièce de résistance, so, as a long-time lurker, I came here to vent and maybe get a little advice from the nice PS people. A few suggested Jeff white, who I hadn''t tried contacting yet for whatever reason, but I figured why not, the worst I could get was another "nope, sorry" and I''ve still got plenty of time before I get married...

but...

success!!!

Jeff got back to me and asked if I had a color collage. I obliged, and lo and behold he has something! more blue than purple (if at all) same tone, good clarity, would cut to the size range I am looking for and comes within my budget! The timing was perfect. Now its just working out the details and waiting patiently to see if it really is ''the one''

9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Congrats!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kas- I am so thrilled for you to work with Jeff, I have not been able to buy anthing yet from him just been communicating about ideas here and there, but I"m so excited for you! It will be well worth it. He''s such a nice guy and he has amazing cutting skills. Congrats
36.gif
Can''t wait to see it!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Ah I am so happy for you!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so pumped! ah! this is kinda sorta my first big gemstone purchase- I think I''m doing pretty darn good if I do say so myself
2.gif
all thanks to the info i learned here of course, lol

... I also have a corundum star in a lotus setting to be coming my way in the near future- woohoo!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bleh, I meant to make that comment over here! So it''s a sapphire?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
yuppers its a sapphire... I haven''t seen any pictures yet, but Jeff is back and said he will try to get a picture to me within the next couple of days... drool...
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great news. If you don’t ask, you’ll never know.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I am so glad that you may have finally found something!!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!!!! Jeff sent a picture of the native cut sapph....

3.gif
3.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
3.gif

uh, drool!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanna see!!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to see this irl... woohoo! This is what Jeff had to say about the sapph:

"I snapped a quick outside shot of the sapphire for you today (attached). Color inside, like most Sri Lankan blues, tends to shift to the lavenderish blue vs. the more pure blue in natural light."

ah! soooo exciting... its a beauty now, but it will truly be something to behold when he works his magic on the gem...

native cut Jeff White sapphire.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DROOL DROOL DROOL GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a GREAT color! Love it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To the rest,
Have we seen this one before? It looks and sounds awfully familiar. Perhaps I am mistaken.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally off topic, but I loved Wuthering Heights Kas Baby. I really liked the little monologue that your quote is from.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 4:13:42 PM
Author: Chrono
To the rest,
Have we seen this one before? It looks and sounds awfully familiar. Perhaps I am mistaken.

not sure if its been on here before, I can''t remember seeing it, and I''ve lurked for a while, lol
... but if so, I''m glad they said, "hmm, maybe not this one..." because I''m 99.99999% sure it is "the one" for me
12.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 4:38:41 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Totally off topic, but I loved Wuthering Heights Kas Baby. I really liked the little monologue that your quote is from.
lol, that book is actually on my "to read" list, I was doing a quote search for Charlotte Bronte and that one came up... I love it, it just really spoke to me. Another one I really like is this:

"the human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed; The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, whose charms were broken if revealed." ~ Charlotte Bronte

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2009 5:15:27 PM
Author: kas baby
lol, that book is actually on my ''to read'' list, I was doing a quote search for Charlotte Bronte and that one came up... I love it, it just really spoke to me.

Hehe, well I hope you don''t mind me sharing the rest of that little monologue, maybe it''ll inspire you to finish the book sooner rather than later! (It''s edited for flow)

"I cannot express it; but surely you have a notion that there is, or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were the use of creation if I were entirely contained here? My great miseries in this world have been Heathcliff''s miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning; my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the Universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it. My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods. Time will change it, I''m well aware, as winter changes the trees — my love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath — a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff — he''s always, always in my mind — not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself — but as my own being — so, don''t talk of our separation again — it is impracticable...I love him; and not because he''s handsome, Nelly, but because he''s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same, and Linton''s is as different as a moonbeam from lightning, or frost from fire."

Ok, end of thread jack.

Back to the pretty pretty sapphire! Is Jeff recutting it then? Do you know what he estimates the final dimensions to be?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
lol, I liked our little thread jack.

Jeff will be re-cutting, just waiting on the invoice, and then for it to clear. He said it will probably take 2-3 weeks as he''s pretty backed up. I don''t mind the wait
2.gif
He said it will re-cut to ~6.5 to 7mm round, which was precisely what I was looking for.

Honestly, I never imagined being so lucky. Reading here I see some compromise, people find one thing they are looking for, but something else had to give. With this, everything seemed to fall into place. After my previous vent, I just visualized finding the perfect sapphire at the perfect time with great ease. I e-mailed Jeff and ta da!

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 6:24:49 PM
Author: kas baby
lol, I liked our little thread jack.

Jeff will be re-cutting, just waiting on the invoice, and then for it to clear. He said it will probably take 2-3 weeks as he''s pretty backed up. I don''t mind the wait
2.gif
He said it will re-cut to ~6.5 to 7mm round, which was precisely what I was looking for.

Honestly, I never imagined being so lucky. Reading here I see some compromise, people find one thing they are looking for, but something else had to give. With this, everything seemed to fall into place. After my previous vent, I just visualized finding the perfect sapphire at the perfect time with great ease. I e-mailed Jeff and ta da!

Kas-Congratulations, what a beautiful color.

Your post on compromise really struck a chord with me, because that''s exactly what I had to do with my sapphire. I knew I wanted a large stone, but didn''t want to break the bank. I ended up with the size and price I wanted, but did have to go a tad bit darker and native cut. Don''t get me wrong, I love it and am actually in the process of having the setting designed - just approved the CADs today. But, I know what you mean about compromise and wanted to say congrats that you got everything you wanted.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. What a beautiful color!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
kas- How wonderful! Jeff White is such a great guy, not to mention fabulous cutter. Sounds like you finally found the right stone. Am I missing the photos somehow?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Let me just say that Jeff has been a joy to work with and has always thoroughly answered any and all of my many questions. I wouldn''t hesitate to work with him again. I have been looking for the right sapphire for over a year now, on and off, and lucky for me shortly after I resumed my search things started to fall into place.

He hasn''t started the re-cut yet, he has some other projects going on and I am in no rush. So, there is only the one photo as of right now, but you guys will certainly be updated when the time comes. I have enjoyed drooling over so many of all your beautiful gems I just have to return the favor
12.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
it feels like a PS crime to bump up this thread with out adding pictures, but.... I just wanted to share that Jeff is ready to start the re-cut on the sapphire!!!!!
36.gif
OMG!!! I screamed when I opened his e-mail... lol "OMG JON YOU HAVE TO COME OVER HERE!!!" and he (my FI) was equally halarious "DID WE GET THE INVOICE???!!!" haha, he''s a man of few words so to get such a great reaction from him was monumental...

and now, we wait....

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color looks AMAZING!! I am so pleased you found what you wanted. And I am going to sit here and wait for photos and then drool drool drool on my keyboard.
9.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
hahaha! yeah, I may not get pictures to you guys right away... I think I''ll be momentarily stunned, lol!
10.gif

not only that, but, if it takes the time Jeff said it probably would to finish cutting, I might be out at school- which is the exact opposite side of the state than FI. ugh! where do I have Jeff mail the gem to?? me at school? I don''t know if I can trust the package center. to my mom''s? my dad''s? they both live out in the country, and its hit or miss which house my sisters will be at (parents are divorced) so I don''t know if anyone will be home to take the package inside and keep it safe! should we send it to FI? he''s helping his parents out while his mom takes care of a very ill friend (on top of having two jobs), so he''s most likely to be at their house, and it''s the only house where someone will be home all the time (his step-dad), but its also the last place I want it to go....

gah! am I being overly paranoid about the school''s mail system? I go to Grand Valley, btw...
I would like to see it first, thank you very much
2.gif
although, if it was sent to ''home'' I wouldn''t allow anyone to open it until I arrived... lol... nobody touches the precious!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results