shape
carat
color
clarity

Low libido

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
For the past year, I have had a very low to non-existant sex drive.

I live with my FI, so I thought that maybe this was just natural.. but I actually think I might have a problem.

I have very little interest in anything ''intimate''.. and sometimes I really have to push myself to try. I know this isn''t good for our relationship.. FI has been very supportive, but I feel guilty. I want things to be how they used to be..

I''ve gone off birth control pills because I read that extended use could ecrease libido and that has helped a little but not significantly.

Does anyone have any idea''s or suggestions on how to increaee libido? Does anyone else have any problems in this area?

Thanks

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to throw out my support because I am in the same boat as you.

FF and I threw away the pills to try and figure out what the heck is wrong with me. I live with FF, and this issue has been going on for about 8 months, and we''ve been living together nearly 2 years. It''s gotten bad, and definitely taking a toll on our relationship. I know it''s hard on FF, believe me, but it''s super hard on me, I don''t even feel like myself. It''s like I am not the same person anymore, as I''ve never had problems in that area.

We''ve really been trying to work on our communication and intimacy other than sex. More romance, dating, cuddling, but not with pressure for taking it further. Sometimes when you feel like you need to do it to help your relationship, the pressure makes it even harder to get in the mood. It never hurts to make sure you''re eating right, exercising. Also, to make sure you have a life outside of your relationship to help keep things interesting. We''re just starting this process, so if I find something that really works, I''ll let you know.

Hugs to you, because I know this can be really hard and frustrating!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was always of the mind that when you get in the habit of doing it, you, in turn, want it more often...I''ve experienced decreases in libido over the years and it''s a tough thing to deal with. Communication and intimacy are certainly an important part of sex drive, but it''s also (imo) kind of like exercise--once you make yourself do it a few times it feels so great that you want to keep doing it!!!
9.gif
HTH!

just looking

Rough_Rock
I would suggest having a blood test done with the emphasis on hormone levels. Unfortunately I cant speak for females because I am a male but a blood test will tell you where your current levels are at and then a change in the diet may be all thats needed. Soy milk/soy is a great source of of protein, especially for womne because it can increase estrogen levels but it just the opposite for men, it can increase the possibility of gynaecomastia.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 9:17:48 PM
Author: just looking
I would suggest having a blood test done with the emphasis on hormone levels. Unfortunately I cant speak for females because I am a male but a blood test will tell you where your current levels are at and then a change in the diet may be all thats needed. Soy milk/soy is a great source of of protein, especially for womne because it can increase estrogen levels but it just the opposite for men, it can increase the possibility of gynaecomastia.
I second the idea of getting your hormone levels checked. And get a thyroid test as well.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 9:23:43 PM
Author: bebe

Date: 12/3/2008 9:17:48 PM
Author: just looking
I second the idea of getting your hormone levels checked. And get a thyroid test as well.
I would definitely second the idea of a thyroid test. I have hypothyroidism and take birth control pills and am pretty much in the same boat as you are. My FI and I live together as well and have no problem with communication. The only problem is me never initiating sex. I think it depends on your lifestyle too though. For instance I work full-time, go to school full-time, am writing a Master''s thesis and am planning my wedding. By the time I get home, I am just soo tired all I want to do is sleep. My FI and I are constantly working on this issue. Luckily he understands that this problem does not mean that I love him any less. I wish you the best of luck.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
3rd for the hormone testing....especially Testosterone since low levels for woman zaps out the libido, even in young women. Look up BioIdentical hormone therapy and there''s lots of information about that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results