shape
carat
color
clarity

Lover's eye in a flip-top watch

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
My partner is a watch fanatic, and I'd love to surprise him with a new timepiece when we get engaged. I want to elevate the piece by integrating a lover's eye somewhere hidden. I have someone who will do the painting and the integration, now I just have to find the right timepiece.

I don't want my eye to be out in the open like this - he would never wear it:
1641843872806.png

So I'm thinking a flip-top watch with a secret compartment would be the ideal solution:

1641843938677.png

Bulova made them in the 50's, but I'd love to go a bit higher end. Any ideas?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The “best” modern watch would be a Jaeger Reverso. These watches pivot to hide the watch face. The “plain” side could also be engraved with initials / date if you wanted. Pretty pricey, though the stainless steel man’s model on a leather band more price friendly.
If you want to go with the “created cover” look, I would consider vintage watches with a square or rectangular face. Brands to consider would be Hamilton, Elgin or Gruen. These are usually manual wind, so a dress watch not a watch for working on the car, swimming, going to the gym.
i have a collection of ladies dress watches with covered dials, very popular in the 40s through 70s though I haven’t seen any Mens watches done similiarly with a gold cover. Mens watches, in the day, used to have a leather cover if protection was needed.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Great suggestions @Bron357! I wish I could spring for a Jaeger Reverso, those faces are just begging for adornment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results