shape
carat
color
clarity

love Star sapphires like me?

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
It's been quite some time since I've been on this site but I have something to share. I've always been attracted to star sapphires but never found the right one within a reasonable budget so I'm feeling a tinsey bit guilty that I've recently acquired 2. I adore the blue one and it's become my go-to everyday ring, seems a bit fancy tho. My next ring mission is star ruby hopefully.

Ring 1
11ct silky pale blue star sapphire from Sri Lanka
2, .50 G/VS triiion diamonds- very icy
14ktwg

Ring 2 - at jewelers being set
7.22ct silky pink star sapphire also from Sri Lanka
.42 tiny diamonds g/vs
14ktwg

IMG_7675.JPG

IMG_7681.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_7624.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Those are beautiful!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo gorgeous! :love::love::love::love: I have a small one for my collection but I have yet to see anything big enough thats like it for setting. Its bluish about the color of a waterdrop. quite transparent (but with a weakish star) and about 1ct which means its itty bitty really.

I was curious about how transparent is your blue? It looks like its got a really nice star!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Chatoyant- thank you

Arcadian- your stone sounds really lovely!

I forgot to mention the ring came from a seller on Ruby Lane. I've been searching for a couple of years off and on. The blue stone is more transparent than it appears in the pics, was very hard to get a decent shot of the stone and the star. Not sure how to describe it but I'd say outdoors it's semi-transparent pale sky blue, and it almost has a silky pearl look in indoor light. It's a gorgeous stone. The star is quite sharp, which I adore! It's hard not to look at it while driving in the sunshine watching the star move across the stone. I'm definitely hooked.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Stunning both of them. :love:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both lovely with such different personalities! The pink one is very chic! I too have been looking for a star for some time. I found a nice one for my daughter which is lavender with a nice star. Now I'm continuing the hunt. Congratulations on finding such nice ones! I know it's not easy lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results